Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I would like to hire Romeo Crennel, very good coordinator

“I can’t wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and we’re standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and we’re all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him he’s world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.”
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    The offense is not the problem guys, minus last week the offense has looked pretty damn good under Ponder and it's gunna get better as he progresses in Musgraves offense...In my opinion both Ponder and Musgrave are tied at the hip...We need to improve on the o-line (Kalil hopefully) and give #7 time to throw the ball, possibly get him another weapon on the outside to work with...remember this offense runs through the best running back in the game, and there will be no Shiancoe next year so Kyle Rudolf will be given alot of opportunities as well

We definitely need a new DC but as we get healthy and hopefully younger in the secondary we will get better....Houston had the worst defense in the league last year and this year they have a top 3 defense, anything can happen

Frazier stays as well!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB4570 View Post
    Defenders regularly ignored play calls
    Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on December 16, 2011, 2:07 PM EST

Early this season, members of the Vikings secondary weren’t too confident in the approach that defensive coordinator Fred Pagac took with his coverage calls.
    So they ignored him.
    Tom Pelissero of espn1500.com writes that a group of players simply refused to play the defenses called, yelling out their own coverages as they broke the huddle. The players didn’t like the frequency and timing of some man coverage and blitz concept calls.
    Minnesota’s struggles in the second halves of games were blamed on coaches failing to adjust. Leslie Frazier eventually took over some playcalling duties in November, but the damage was done.
    Changes are coming to the Vikings defense in the offseason. We’re starting to get a clearer picture of what those changes might entail. Pelissero writes there have been discussions about transitioning to a 3-4 defense with Mike Singletary getting promoted to defensive coordinator. The catch:
    “There also are strong concerns within the building about Singletary’s aptitude for the position,” Pelissero writes.
    It’s also unclear whether Leslie Frazier, who comes from a a Tampa-2 background, would be open to the change.
    It’s more clear that getting rid of Brad Childress didn’t eliminate dysfunction in Minnesota.
    I posted before (on another thread) about Fraizer's inability to effectively lead a team. It was right after his comments regarding a half time change of the game plan. He said (para-phrasing a litte here) that the wanted to get Percy more involved, by stretching the field, " IF WE CAN ". Right then I realized that he does NOT have what it take to be a sucessful HC. Now comes this story about players just ignoring the play calls. A HC with the right kind of leadership skills and influence over his team would NEVER allow this to happen. It is only a matter of time before this type of disregard for the coaches spreads to the rest of the team (if it hasent started to already). I have said it before and I will say it again now Fraizer does not have the right kind of temperament/skill/mind set or what ever you want to call it to be a sucessful HC. I was hopeing that he would
    show something different because I like the guy but he hasent and as a result he needs to go.

vCash
    We need a new HC how simple can it be to see this. You get a big name coach in here and he would stack this team with both players and coaches.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coenthar View Post
    We need a new HC how simple can it be to see this. You get a big name coach in here and he would stack this team with both players and coaches.
    And if he has a bad year, there's always another big name guy we can get next year right?

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%CHEESE FREE View Post
    And if he has a bad year, there's always another big name guy we can get next year right?
    Point well taken. I can't speak for any one else in here but I am not advocating repeditly hireing and fireing a HC every year. As a matter of fact it is just the opposite. I only want one, the right one. I can't remember the last time we had a proven/tested HC. It occurs to me that our past few have been unproven experiments (at least as far back as Tice, can't remember where Green was before us) and it has NOT worked. Yes we have had some success, i.e. 2009, but one that wasent enough and two we all know chilly was a terrible HC. This strategy has failed us. I don't know if it was done to save $ or because the people calling the shots are poor judges of what a SB caliber HC actually looks and sounds like. What ever the reason, it is time to bring in a winner. Not someone that "could be", or "has promise of becoming" a SB winner but someone who IS. We need to stop pussyfooting aroun and bring in a Cowher, Gruden, Dungey, Billick(sp) etc. we should have done this last year, or better yet when we went with chilly. I don't care if the person is "likable" or "has a good repor with the players" those phrases don't mean a damn thing. The only thing I need/want to here is "(name here) is coming to this team with a track record of success and by implementing that plan with the tremendous amount of talent we have and the support of the most deserving and passionate fans in the NFL WILL bring Minnesota its first of many Super Bowl championships!"

vCash
    Ditka 2012

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by logan44 View Post
    Point well taken. I can't speak for any one else in here but I am not advocating repeditly hireing and fireing a HC every year. As a matter of fact it is just the opposite. I only want one, the right one. I can't remember the last time we had a proven/tested HC. It occurs to me that our past few have been unproven experiments (at least as far back as Tice, can't remember where Green was before us) and it has NOT worked. Yes we have had some success, i.e. 2009, but one that wasent enough and two we all know chilly was a terrible HC. This strategy has failed us. I don't know if it was done to save $ or because the people calling the shots are poor judges of what a SB caliber HC actually looks and sounds like. What ever the reason, it is time to bring in a winner. Not someone that "could be", or "has promise of becoming" a SB winner but someone who IS. We need to stop pussyfooting aroun and bring in a Cowher, Gruden, Dungey, Billick(sp) etc. we should have done this last year, or better yet when we went with chilly. I don't care if the person is "likable" or "has a good repor with the players" those phrases don't mean a damn thing. The only thing I need/want to here is "(name here) is coming to this team with a track record of success and by implementing that plan with the tremendous amount of talent we have and the support of the most deserving and passionate fans in the NFL WILL bring Minnesota its first of many Super Bowl championships!"
    Denny Green was the HC of Stanford before he took the job with the Vikings. He worked for Bill Walsh on the 49ers (I think he was a WR coach) for some of their Super Bowl years.

Speaking of Bill Walsh, he went 2-14 his first year coaching the 49ers. I wonder where that team would be if they fired him? Obviously I don't think that Leslie Frazier is on the same level as Walsh, but you get my drift.

Most fans are very spoiled and short sighted. WAH WAH WAH wins now WAH WAH WAH. If we apply the same thinking to the whole team, Leslie Frazier should be fired immediately, Ponder should be cut or traded, along with Joe Webb and Zygi Wilf should just open his wallet and scrape up whoever is on the market that given year(David Garrard anybody, or how about Jason Campbell?). Anybody who is not an instant success CANNOT BE TOLERATED! Developing anything (a team, a head coach, a starting quarterback) takes time, and there will be ups and downs. If the people running this team think like that, it will never develop ANYTHING worthwhile and we might as well change our name to the Washington Redskins-West (I will say that the Redskins are getting better since Danny boy took a step back though).

Spielman, Frazier and the rest of his team should be given until the end of the 2012 season, if things aren't worked out by then (barring some sort of catastrophe, I don't agree that Todd Haley got fired when you look at the injuries he had to deal with this year) things HAVE to change, including the HC, the front office and probably the starting QB.

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    It isn't about the wins. Yeah I want this team to win but I understand that it takes time. There are a number of reasons that I don't think he will be sucessful. He seems to be making the same mistakes more than once, the story about players ignoring the calls from the sidelines, his comments after games and the fact that he cant evaluate the skill level of his players which results in little to no production on the field( see Berrian, Madaeu, T. Johnson and others) also he nosent use his best players at the times they are needed the most, think Peterson's carries in the second half of the first 3 games of the year as well as numerous other times our best player was standing on the sideline watching when he should have been in the game, the inexplicable absence of Kyle Rudolph throughout the entire season so far. I have posted on most if not all of these issues before, and there are still PLENTY others I didnt list here. Those are the some of the reasons I think he should be gone, not because we lost a bunch of games. ( sorry just realize that this entire post is pretty much one giant run-on sentance) I believe an experienced coach would not be making these kind of mistakes and therefore would be much more caliber of LEADING us to a SB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by logan44 View Post
    It isn't about the wins. Yeah I want this team to win but I understand that it takes time. There are a number of reasons that I don't think he will be sucessful. He seems to be making the same mistakes more than once, the story about players ignoring the calls from the sidelines, his comments after games and the fact that he cant evaluate the skill level of his players which results in little to no production on the field( see Berrian, Madaeu, T. Johnson and others) also he nosent use his best players at the times they are needed the most, think Peterson's carries in the second half of the first 3 games of the year as well as numerous other times our best player was standing on the sideline watching when he should have been in the game, the inexplicable absence of Kyle Rudolph throughout the entire season so far. I have posted on most if not all of these issues before, and there are still PLENTY others I didnt list here. Those are the some of the reasons I think he should be gone, not because we lost a bunch of games. ( sorry just realize that this entire post is pretty much one giant run-on sentance) I believe an experienced coach would not be making these kind of mistakes and therefore would be much more caliber of LEADING us to a SB.
    Yeah, its all about the wins and losses. Why do you think people are calling for Andy Reid to be strung up in Philly?

You can ***** about the use of players all you want, but what it comes down to is Musgrave. Frazier delegated the offense to Musgrave, its Musgrave's game plan. Frazier is not qualified to coordinate the offense so he should not try. Should Musgrave be replaced? That's a really good question and its one that's going to be answered this off season. Ultimately Frazier is going to have to make that decision as he is responsible for Musgrave's actions.

Doubt Frazier all you want, he will be HC next year, and we're going to get to see what he and Spielman can do to turn this team around.

Also, if Frazier doesn't work, the guy I'd like to see here is Marc Trestman from the CFL. I think he could be the next Bud Grant for this team, which is what the team really needs.

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!

vCash
    Can we please get rid of this Musgrave joke? AP get's 10 carries today and the playcalling has been atrocious all season.

vCash
    Ineptitude reaching point Vikings must evaluate everything
    MINNEAPOLIS -- It doesn't matter anymore.

That's the best the Minnesota Vikings can say for themselves after the latest embarrassment in a season full of them.

It doesn't matter they took a 42-20 toasting on Sunday at the hands of the New Orleans Saints, who destroyed the Vikings in every phase of a game that could have been twice that lopsided.

It doesn't matter they finished with virtually inconceivable deficits in net yards (573-207), first downs (36-12) and time of possession (38:49-21:11) that were even worse before the Saints called off the dogs.

It doesn't matter an announced crowd of 62,263 had whittled to a few thousand by the time 2-11 officially became 2-12 and the soaring Saints (11-3) laughed their way through the silence to the Metrodome's visiting locker room.

When your season has fallen apart to this degree, nothing matters really.

Nothing but draft position that can only improve with each defeat.

Players mostly know where they stand. Coaches and scouts know the changes they want to enact. Ownership has a good idea about the direction of the program, though all Zygi Wilf would say about coach Leslie Frazier's job security or anything else on Sunday was, "We'll wait until the end of the season to comment."

Where it could matter, though, is when a team looks so woefully inept and ill-prepared there's talk in the locker room about teammates playing scared and a first-year coach who has enjoyed unwavering support stands at the podium and takes another fall.

"This is one for sure that I really have to take full responsibility for," Frazier said, "because I think our guys really wanted to get this win, really prepared that way, and I don't think I did a good job of getting them prepared for a good football team."

"I don't want to measure purely on the last two weeks," Frazier said. "I want to see what happens the next two weeks."

Others surely do, too, from the Wilfs on down. Why wouldn't they?

The feeling has been and remains that Frazier is safe. That rebuilding was inevitable, even if he wouldn't admit it. That a remodeled coaching staff that lost its offseason to the NFL lockout is going through its growing pains right along with Ponder.

But what happens if the Vikings are just as flat on Christmas Eve at Washington, and again on New Year's Day against Chicago? What happens if players check out more than they have already, and the worst record in the Vikings' 51-year history is coupled with a closing string of blowouts, ending under a course of boos inside the 'Dome on Jan. 1?

"At some point," Allen said, "you just have to say, 'What the heck? We're 2-12, what do we have to lose? Try to make every play.' A lot of people are probably going to get fired at this point anyways."

"Sometimes, we get in a backpedal mode and just try to maintain so we don't get beat too bad. Screw that. Let's just go win."

The Vikings haven't done that since Oct. 30, when Carolina kicker Olindo Mare shanked a 31-yard field goal that could have sent the game to overtime.

Six losses later, the Vikings have an outside shot at the worst record in the NFL, thanks to the previously winless Indianapolis Colts' surprising 27-13 upset of Tennessee.

The smart money remains on scapegoating injuries, an aging roster and a defensive coaching staff that has been disrespected and disobeyed from the start.

The smart money is on the sorts of changes that don't involve paying another person not to coach, overhauling the oligarchic football operation and/or drafting another quarterback to replace a guy who's just getting started.

But it should matter Drew Brees had one of the greatest statistical passing days of all-time -- 32-of-40 for 412 yards and five touchdowns -- against a Vikings defense that set an NFL record by going a ninth straight game without an interception.

It should matter the only things standing between the Vikings and perhaps the worst home loss in team history were two Saints turnovers, an ego-driven onside kick and Sean Payton's decision to yank Brees and a bunch of other starters with a 29-point lead and about 11 minutes to go.

None of it matters anymore, not this far down the road to 2-14. But these Vikings have spoken so long about being in every game and fighting to the end it appears they're finally out of things to say for themselves.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NolanVE View Post
    Can we please get rid of this Musgrave joke? AP get's 10 carries today and the playcalling has been atrocious all season.

Adrian Peterson not pleased with light workload in first game back

MINNEAPOLIS -- Running back Adrian Peterson admitted he wasn't happy about getting only 10 carries in the Minnesota Vikings' 42-20 loss Sunday to the New Orleans Saints at the Metrodome.

Peterson had missed the previous three games because of a high left ankle sprain, and the fact that the Vikings fell behind by 15 points early in the third quarter meant the running game wasn't going to be a central focus of the offense.

Still, Peterson wasn't pleased.

"I don't know how to explain 10 carries," said Peterson, who gained 60 yards on the ground and not catch a pass. "I don't know. I was ready to roll. I just do my job when I'm called upon. I go out there and try to execute. The game, we got behind, so we kind of had to turn more into a passing team but that didn't work either."

Asked if he was upset, Peterson said: "A little bit. (I) finally get back. But then again we got down so we had to start passing the (ball) a little more. It was more understandable then. I don't know. I don't know what goes through the coaches' mind.

"They knew I had the injuries so maybe different plays they wanted to keep me out. I'm sure they didn't expect the game to get out of hand like it did. I'm sure they had a strategy in mind, too. Just unfortunately we got down ... when we did, it happened pretty quick so they had to switch it up."

Frazier made it clear last week that while Peterson would play he might be somewhat limited. The Vikings had only 18 rushing attempts as a team, the second-lowest number they have had in a game this season, and Toby Gerhart carried only twice.

"We wanted to rotate (Peterson) with the amount of time that he had missed," Frazier said. "We wanted to also monitor his progress, just by communicating with him, seeing how he was feeling.

"He gave no indication that he wanted a lesser workload. Just we wanted to make sure that we got Toby some snaps, and then when the game got the way it did, it's just the numbers weren't there for him."

Peterson had only 26 yards on six carries when he left the Vikings' loss to Oakland on Nov. 20 in the first quarter after injuring his ankle. His season-low for carries in a full game had been 12 in a 39-10 loss on Oct. 16 at Chicago.

"I think it felt pretty good," Peterson said of his first game back. "Obviously, I knew (the ankle) was going to get twisted up at times but overall it felt pretty good."

Peterson did get upset at one point with Jabari Greer when it appeared the Saints cornerback might have tried to give Peterson's ankle a bit of an extra shot.

"I came into the game kind of expecting that," Peterson said. "Coming back from a high ankle sprain. Guys took their shots with me under the pile (when) I got twisted up and things like that. I felt like it kind of got a little overboard, so I got up and kind of got in his face. Just thank God I was able to keep my composure."

Peterson's long run of the day was a 39-yarder in the second quarter on a play in which he appeared to lack his top-level speed. He was tackled at the Saints 13-yard line by safety Malcolm Jenkins.

"I don't think I was at full speed," he said. "I don't feel like I was running slow either. It felt good overall."

Frazier called it a "great run," but agreed Peterson didn't have that extra burst that he normally does when he's completely healthy.

"I think when he gets a little further along, that's going to be a touchdown," Frazier said. "But he gave us a great effort (Sunday). He's a special guy. But more times than not, that's going to be a touchdown with Adrian."

The Vikings did end that drive with a touchdown as Christian Ponder delivered a shovel pass to Toby Gerhart that the running back took 10 yards for a score.

The 60 rushing yards Sunday gives Peterson 6,714 in four-plus seasons with the Vikings. That puts him 104 yards behind Robert Smith's franchise record total of 6,818.

If he wasn't healthy enough to get more than 10 touches then he shouldn't have played. It wasn't like Toby Gerhart, who's gotten too much unwarranted hate for being drafted in round 2, has been playing horribly. Toby has actually looked very good in the past two weeks and in this game. So while I understand the coaches being cautious and I understand falling behind contributed I still think Peterson should've either been more involved or why did he even play?
    Last edited by WIPurplePride; 12-19-2011 at 08:44 AM.

vCash
    Can the ownership fire themselves please. They need to look in the mirror and actually get someone in here that knows something about football operations. They are so far 0-2 when it comes to hiring guys. It's time to get a proven guy in here.

created by the one and only VCU
    Adopt-A-Viking: Adam Thielen
    Receptions: 0 , Yards: 0 , TD's: 0

vCash
    though all Zygi Wilf would say about coach Leslie Frazier's job security or anything else on Sunday was, "We'll wait until the end of the season to comment."
    I'm thinking they might be 2nd guessing themselves a little bit here. Didn't Wilf just say last week that he was their guy? Not saying he should be fired but if we do go with another coach we better be calling Brian Billick.

created by the one and only VCU
    Adopt-A-Viking: Adam Thielen
    Receptions: 0 , Yards: 0 , TD's: 0

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast