Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Pagac has to go...As does Joe Woods

vCash
    Raheem Morris will be fired from Tampa, how about him as the new DC, keep the tampa-2 defense that Frazier likes that way

Teddy Bridgewater | Andrew Wiggins | Byron Buxton
    THE FUTURE IS NOW

vCash
    Also Haley would be great as the OC

THE FUTURE IS NOW

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AP=MVP View Post
    Raheem Morris will be fired from Tampa, how about him as the new DC, keep the tampa-2 defense that Frazier likes that way
    Uhh no...

Quote Originally Posted by AP=MVP View Post
    Also Haley would be great as the OC
    and that's even worse.

Spags is 10x's the DC that Raheem Morris is and the Tampa 2 sucks.

Haley sucks. Plain and simple.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WIPurplePride View Post
    Uhh no...

and that's even worse.

Spags is 10x's the DC that Raheem Morris is and the Tampa 2 sucks.

Haley sucks. Plain and simple.

I disagree, Todd Haley should have won Coach of the Year last season. He completely turned around that team. This year they lost Jamaal Charles, Eric Berry, Tony Moeaki, Matt Cassel, Jon Baldwin (early in the year), and Kyle Orton (once they got him).
    Last edited by AP=MVP; 12-15-2011 at 08:28 PM.

THE FUTURE IS NOW

vCash
    o and Brandon Flowers for a couple games

THE FUTURE IS NOW

vCash
    Imagine if we lost AP, Ponder, Rudolph, Greenway, Winfield, McNabb, and Jenkins for most of the season.

THE FUTURE IS NOW

vCash
    Also ok lets bring in a 3-4 guy like Crennel, that will work great for Greenway, K-Will, JA, and Robison.

Sprags is staying put, so thats not happening IMO.

Why would our HC bring in someone with a completely different defensive philosophy from his own anyway? Tampa-2 is staying as long as Frazier does.

THE FUTURE IS NOW

vCash
    I never said to bring in Crennel. Pagac does need to go though and I'de just as soon see the awful Tampa 2 go with him... If you say Frazier is the reason it stays cut his *** too. (not going to happen but still) We can still run 4-3 and not run tampa 2
    Last edited by WIPurplePride; 12-15-2011 at 08:38 PM.

vCash
    I never said to bring in Crennel. Pagac does need to go though and I'de just as soon see the awful Tampa 2 go with him... If you say Frazier is the reason it stays cut his *** too. (not going to happen but still) We can still run 4-3 and not run tampa 2
    We definitely can, I'm just not ready to fire Frazier after only one year. And like I said I can't see a HC thats ran tampa-2 his whole career switching all of a sudden. Singletary will probably replace Pagac at the end of the year and that works for me.

Haley and Singletary would be great vocal complements for Frazier.

THE FUTURE IS NOW

vCash
    I just don't think Haley is that much of an offensive genius to warrant changing offensive systems and potentially causing Ponder to take a step back. I would just as soon give Musgrave another year and see what they can do with more talent. I honestly think Haley is on Musgraves level. The only way I would want an OC is if they were truly one of the elite offensive minds in the NFL. Norv Turner fits that bill and I would gladly hire him as OC. Frazier needs one of those guys because he don't know **** about offense. That much is evident with the way they underutilize our personal. We got a 6'6" tight end that's not in on goalline packages and look how long it took them to get Harvin involved. And don't even get me started on Joe Webb, a talent like him they should find ways to feature him.

Spags might not be out in St. Louis but if he is we better make a run at him. He's a top 5 DC in the league today and he learned from one of the all time greats, Jim Johnson. Johnson was one of the best at creating pressure through blitzes, disguising them skillfully and keeping offenses constantly off-balance. The man knew how to put pressure on QB's and Spags certainly picked it up from his time under him as he is known as a architect of pressure himself, one of the best in the NFL today. With our D-Line I think he could be just what we need to turn the D around and give Rodgers, Stafford, and Cutler something to think about. Jack Del Rio would be a good coaching addition as well. Not as HC but maybe DC or at the least linebackers coach. I like Singletary too and him and Del Rio sorta hold the same expertise (LB's) but you can never have too many good coaches. I hate seeing a talented player like Greenway struggle. This year he has alongside lesser talent. EJ is done. Erin shows some promise but our linebackers as a whole is a big reason our pass defense is so bad.
    Last edited by WIPurplePride; 12-15-2011 at 09:34 PM.

vCash
    I just don't think Haley is that much of an offensive genius to warrant changing offensive systems and potentially causing Ponder to take a step back. I would just as soon give Musgrave another year and see what they can do with more talent. I honestly think Haley is on Musgraves level.

Spags might not be out in St. Louis but if he is we better make a run at him. He's a top 5 DC in the league today and he learned from one of the all time greats, Jim Johnson. The man knows how to put pressure on QB's and with our D-Line I think he could be just what we need to turn the D around and give Rodgers, Stafford, and Cutler something to think about. Jack Del Rio would be a good coaching addition as well. Not as HC but maybe DC or Linebackers coach? I hate to see Greenway struggling this year and EJ is done. Erin shows some promise but our linebackers as a whole is a big reason our pass defense is so bad.
    I agree that Del Rio would be a very nice hire.

THE FUTURE IS NOW

vCash
    Yeah I edited the post while you were responding. I got a bad habit of doing that on the forums, adding in stuff after I already posted it.

Another thing I thought I would share is Jim Johnson's defensive philosophy...

It was around 1994 or '95, when I was with the Colts, and we were playing against San Francisco with Steve Young running the West Coast offense, releasing receivers all the time, guys getting by you. The idea was don't let these people dictate to you. You have to put more pressure [on the quarterback], and every year we tried to figure out how to do that.” —Jim Johnson

I think some coaches get it and know how to dictate what an offense does by making them react to them and not sitting back waiting to see what they do. I know it's hard when you don't got the talent but that's one reason I really hate the Tampa 2. It's not attacking the offense it's weathering the storm if you will. That kind of defense will never beat a quarterback as good as Aaron Rodgers. You need to knock him on his *** and force mistakes, challenge him, not let him take what is given.

I think Spags is the right guy to dial up that kind of pressure, Pagac doesn't know how to call blitzed and cover up on the back end.

Steve Spagnuolo and Leslie Frazier both coached under Johnson with the Eagles.

Spagnuolo began his NFL coaching career with the Philadelphia Eagles in 1999. He remained there for eight years, learning Jim Johnson's defensive philosophy. First serving as a Defensive Assistant from 1999–2000 then a Defensive Backs Coach from 2001–2003 and finally a linebackers coach from 2004-2006. He then took the job where he gained most of his notoriety, as Defensive Coordinator by the New York Giants in 2007 and 2008 before going on to his current job, Head Coach of the St. Louis Rams in 2009–present.

Frazier as well joined first time Head Coach Andy Reid as Defensive Backs coach for the Philadelphia Eagles starting in 1999. It was there that Frazier worked with a fellow assistant, Brad Childress, the ultimately led to his hiring with the Minnesota Vikings. The Eagles defense improved steadily in the four years that Frazier was there before he left in 2002 to become the Cincinnati Bengals' Defensive Coordinator.

They worked together before, they had the same mentor in Jim Johnson, why not I say? If he becomes available we better get him!

vCash
    As for OC you gotta have brilliant minded guy who can develop a gameplan around the talent you have and know how to utilize them. Musgrave is adequate at best but average is not going to get us anywhere. I don't want to settle for average. Norv Turner has always had a brilliant offensive mind but Turner's biggest weakness has been that he doesn't inspire a lot of passion in his players. That is going to get him fired as a Head Coach but the Vikings don't have that problem under Frazier. There's one thing positive I can say about Frazier and that is they don't give up, they want to play for him. Turner may very well go down in history as a more than capable football mind that just didn’t have what it took to turn good teams into champions but he may also be able to win a championship as a OC where he can just focus on what he knows best, offense. I think he would be a darn near perfect hire as OC if we're going to make a switch (which I doubt.)

vCash
    Defenders regularly ignored play calls
    Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on December 16, 2011, 2:07 PM EST

Early this season, members of the Vikings secondary weren’t too confident in the approach that defensive coordinator Fred Pagac took with his coverage calls.
    So they ignored him.
    Tom Pelissero of espn1500.com writes that a group of players simply refused to play the defenses called, yelling out their own coverages as they broke the huddle. The players didn’t like the frequency and timing of some man coverage and blitz concept calls.
    Minnesota’s struggles in the second halves of games were blamed on coaches failing to adjust. Leslie Frazier eventually took over some playcalling duties in November, but the damage was done.
    Changes are coming to the Vikings defense in the offseason. We’re starting to get a clearer picture of what those changes might entail. Pelissero writes there have been discussions about transitioning to a 3-4 defense with Mike Singletary getting promoted to defensive coordinator. The catch:
    “There also are strong concerns within the building about Singletary’s aptitude for the position,” Pelissero writes.
    It’s also unclear whether Leslie Frazier, who comes from a a Tampa-2 background, would be open to the change.
    It’s more clear that getting rid of Brad Childress didn’t eliminate dysfunction in Minnesota.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast