Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kevin Garnett?

vCash

Kevin Garnett?

Would you guys trade DeAndre for him? If Boston has a fire sale DeAndre would be a pretty nice piece for them to get.

vCash
    Not 100% sure, but I believe KG has a no-trade clause in his contract (DJ might as well). But if the Celtics were interested in making a trade revolving around Deandre and Garnett, they'd have throw in Courtney Lee. DJ is young and still has a lot of potential, with a good work ethic. It's not his fault that the coach doesn't give him consistent minutes.

vCash
    I think you have to be on same team 7 seasons to have a no trade clause.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Structures View Post
    Not 100% sure, but I believe KG has a no-trade clause in his contract (DJ might as well). But if the Celtics were interested in making a trade revolving around Deandre and Garnett, they'd have throw in Courtney Lee. DJ is young and still has a lot of potential, with a good work ethic. It's not his fault that the coach doesn't give him consistent minutes.
    its only DJs fault. Just making 50% of his freethrows would make del negro play him more.

vCash
    ^ Him not being able to shoot FT's is not the only reason he's on the bench. He constantly gets abused 1 on 1. He gets into foul trouble and still bites on every pump fake, unless the entire team is screaming at him to stay grounded. He still doesn't box out and rebound consistently enough. Lamar Odom, who isn't even half the player he used to be a couple of years ago, comes in and rebounds at a higher rate than him and plays better defense, which is why he gets the minutes. That's pretty pathetic if you ask me.

Yeah, and I'm not too sold on DJ's work ethic. I want to give him the benefit of the doubt and assume that he's not a low IQ basketball player and actually blame his lack of work ethic for his inconsistent play. But it might very well just be that he's too dumb of a player to do the little things consistently enough.

vCash
    Oh and I would trade DJ for Garnett in a heartbeat. In fact, I would trade DJ for a lot of players.

vCash
    I think Garnett could put us over the top and make us a Championship team so I'd have to say yes as well. He would solve our weaknesses on the boards and in the post defensively. We'd be damn near unbeatable with KG IMO.

vCash
    Well Rondo is gone for the year so the Celtics just might blow up the roster. I'd try to get Garnett and Lee off of them for a package of Jordan, Bledsoe, and some filler.

Or we could even try to get Pierce. Butler, Odom, and Bledsoe for Pierce and Lee.
    Last edited by apet8945; 01-27-2013 at 03:51 PM.

vCash
    Yea I thought that too...I don't see Bledsoe having much value to them though. Besides Rondo they have Avery Bradley. I'd rather not give up 2 young players for Garnett either. I wouldn't mind if we offered DJ for KG straight up. The salaries would match.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Structures View Post
    KG and Lee for DeAndre?

#BostonStrong

vCash
    I was just about to make this thread, good to know my brethren are on the same plane.

I would go hard for Pierce+KG right now, even if it means losing Bledsoe+DJ+Odom.

And for the record, just say no to C.LEE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    I was just about to make this thread, good to know my brethren are on the same plane.

I would go hard for Pierce+KG right now, even if it means losing Bledsoe+DJ+Odom.

And for the record, just say no to C.LEE
    Has Lee been doing poorly this year? I haven't gotten a chance to look at him play in Boston.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by apet8945 View Post
    Has Lee been doing poorly this year? I haven't gotten a chance to look at him play in Boston.
    I have felt he was overrated since Houston.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    I have felt he was overrated since Houston.
    I see. It would be nice to get a guard in return for Bledsoe though, if a trade scenario similar to this were to happen. Especially since they'd have a crap load of guards. And Lee seems like a safe and cheap option that could possibly start for us at SG for the next couple of years. He can't be any worse than Willie Green. Although, Willie has been stroking it lately.

And also, I'm starting to get very concerned with Billups' injuries. All I kept hearing during his rehab was how he's been working to get his whole body back to 100 percent and come back stronger than ever, and all we've seen is him play 3 games with limited minutes before going right back to wearing a suit on the bench.

vCash
    @SuperDude Yeah, that sounded like a biased trade on my end. Clearly KG is worlds better than Deandre even at this stage of his career, but (maybe I'm crazy) I still think that DJ can be a 15/10 kinda guy if put in the right situation.

@Chronz I'm also intrigued with the idea of going "all-in" for Pierce/Kg. This team is great the way it is, but how far can they go in the playoffs as currently constructed? That's the question, do you make a big time move that you hope puts you over the top or keep things the way they are? Personally, I think I'm leaning towards the former.

@apet8945 At this point it looks like Billups is making 4 million to be an assistant coach.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast