Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    vCash
    Matt Adams is more likely the starter, Craig should be in right with Beltran and a constant rotation of days off for all of the above.

vCash
    While I do personally agree with you, I think they will start Craig alot at first next year along with Adams, With Craig being the Primary first basemen and then getting at-bats in left/right with Adams getting the starts Craig doesn't or if Holliday/Beltran get injured, then Craig in that spot along with Adams at first.

The biggest factor will be how does Adams adjust to major league pitching (which I don't see as an issue) when they already know Craig is a proven Major League hitter.

vCash
    Something I'm interested in is what happen's when Oscar Taveras is ready? probably a couple years away but I'm sure Craig and Adams are part of the teams furture plans along with Taveras.

Can Taveras be an everyday MLB centerfielder? I don't know the answer I'm sure someone here does. if he can it shouldn't be an issue

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy15 View Post
    Something I'm interested in is what happen's when Oscar Taveras is ready? probably a couple years away but I'm sure Craig and Adams are part of the teams furture plans along with Taveras.

Can Taveras be an everyday MLB centerfielder? I don't know the answer I'm sure someone here does. if he can it shouldn't be an issue
    He CAN play CF, but he is a right fielder. Strong arm, not a lot of range or really a whole lot of natural feel for center.

He is a RFer.

At this pace, Taveras is going to be ready for 2014, and might even make an appearance in 2013. That is optimistic, but the kid is raking again, and at Double A

Consider Taveras as Beltran's replacement in two years.

Berkman will be replaced by Adams (but he isn't as good as Berkman obviously) and Craig is the versatile man that plays left, right, first, third in a pinch, and gives guys days off.

But Taveras is two years away at least, and he won't be immediately impactful. But center would be optimistic. We have a lot of CF depth in our minor league system though, but they are all like Shane Robinson. Small guys that get a lot out of their bodies.

vCash
    If I had my way.

This is what the team would look like in 2014.

SP - Miller
    SP - Wainwright
    SP - Garcia
    SP - Lynn
    SP - Kelly/Swagerty/Additon/Cleto whomever is ready or a one year Free Agent

bullpen - Motte/Rosenthall/Salas/Sanchez/Scrabble

C - Molina
    1B - Adams/Craig
    2B - Wong
    3B - Freese/Carpenter/Cox
    SS - Ryan Jackson/Wong/Greene/Descalso (I think they are going to draft shortstop this year with their first pick if a good one is available, like Marrero)
    LF - Holliday/Craig
    CF - Jay/Chambers/Pham/Hunter/Rosario/Tilson
    RF - Taveras/Craig

Lineup like and projection slash line from here

1. CF whoever it is - .270/.330/.400
    2. Wong - .300/.350/.425
    3. Holliday - .300/.375/.500
    4. Taveras - .310/.360/.500
    5. Adams - .280/.350/.475
    6. Craig - .280/.350/.450
    7. 3B - .275/.350/.450
    8. Molina - .270/.340/.425
    9. Pitcher

EDIT
    I have Craig in the lineup, and no shortstop lol.

vCash
    Orlando Hudson was let go today.... the dude was sucking badly in San Diego but he could be worth a look. His glove is still decent and maybe his bat just needs a change of scenery. If he cant do anything here after a few weeks, let him go

ive wanted him the last 5 years though... so my homerism may be getting the best of me here lol

vCash
    ^ I don't know that we really have any room for him. We have a ton of second base depth. Just not a lot of ceiling right now. We have plenty of Orlando Hudson caliber players already. I don't think it would be fair to Orlando to put him in a situation where he isn't going to get to play much.

vCash
    As far as second base goes, No point in bringing in Hudson (even though a few years ago I wanted him to lol) but with Descalso, Skip (even though he's not very good defensively, he does add something offensively and he's gonna get time there if we like it or not) and Greene. Greene/Descalso are more than capable though Greene has weird tendancies to just screw up the simple plays. So there's no need for him.

I'm actually really happy with our bench anyway.

We always have Craig/Beltran/Berkman/Holliday on the bench depending on who is playing in LF/RF/1B. We a good back up catcher in Cruz, we have a good hitter who can play 1B/3B/RF/LF in Carpenter, and a guy who can play good defense at 2B/SS/3B with Descalso, I'm very happy with it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    If I had my way.

This is what the team would look like in 2014.

SP - Miller
    SP - Wainwright

SP - Garcia
    SP - Lynn
    SP - Kelly/Swagerty/Additon/Cleto whomever is ready or a one year Free Agent

bullpen - Motte/Rosenthall/Salas/Sanchez/Scrabble

C - Molina
    1B - Adams/Craig
    2B - Wong
    3B - Freese/Carpenter/Cox
    SS - Ryan Jackson/Wong/Greene/Descalso (I think they are going to draft shortstop this year with their first pick if a good one is available, like Marrero)
    LF - Holliday/Craig
    CF - Jay/Chambers/Pham/Hunter/Rosario/Tilson
    RF - Taveras/Craig

Lineup like and projection slash line from here

1. CF whoever it is - .270/.330/.400
    2. Wong - .300/.350/.425
    3. Holliday - .300/.375/.500
    4. Taveras - .310/.360/.500
    5. Adams - .280/.350/.475
    6. Craig - .280/.350/.450
    7. 3B - .275/.350/.450
    8. Molina - .270/.340/.425
    9. Pitcher

EDIT
    I have Craig in the lineup, and no shortstop lol.
    Do you think Miller will be better than Wainwright or did you just write it out of order? lol

vCash
    Just threw it in that order.

But he very well could be better than Wainwright. He has that kind of ceiling.

He won't be ahead of Waino in the depth charter by then though.

He is going to be a mid 3's ERA pitcher when he gets called up, and will steadily improve from that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy15 View Post
    As far as second base goes, No point in bringing in Hudson (even though a few years ago I wanted him to lol) but with Descalso, Skip (even though he's not very good defensively, he does add something offensively and he's gonna get time there if we like it or not) and Greene. Greene/Descalso are more than capable though Greene has weird tendancies to just screw up the simple plays. So there's no need for him.

I'm actually really happy with our bench anyway.

We always have Craig/Beltran/Berkman/Holliday on the bench depending on who is playing in LF/RF/1B. We a good back up catcher in Cruz, we have a good hitter who can play 1B/3B/RF/LF in Carpenter, and a guy who can play good defense at 2B/SS/3B with Descalso, I'm very happy with it.
    me too

vCash
    Mitchell Boggs is arbitration-eligible for the first time.
    Boggs figures to get a pretty nice payout in his first time through the arbitration process after posting a 2.21 ERA and 1.05 WHIP in 73 1/3 innings this past season. He should be a reliable setup man again in 2013 and will be next in line for saves if Jason Motte gets injured.

Michael Wacha

5-5, 2.79 Era, 83 So, 1.12 Whip

vCash
    Quick Update. Still need a few players to be updated but looks to be pretty close at the moment.
    St. Louis Cardinals
    St. Louis Blues
    Miami Heat
    Minnesota Vikings

vCash
    Freese gets 3.15

vCash
    I don't know if I like that the Cardinals offered Scutaro 2/18. I don't mind the years, but that's a lot of money for someone that is really a back up middle infielder/bottom tier starting second basemen.

I agree that we needed a good right handed hitting middle infielder that can play short, but that's a lot of money for someone that may not offer much offensively. For that money, they would have to give him 450+ PA, which would mean a demotion to someone who deserve a spot.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast