Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Is Pavel Datsyuk a power-forward?

This just got me thinking. I think I could label him a powerforward too. He's one of those skilled players like Marty, and Crosby, but I also think he's a powerforward too. When he's not using his skill to get past someone, he uses his body. He's not the biggest, but he's super strong. He puts his back to you, and he's hard to takedown. He'll drive to the net, and battle in corners.

Again, he's super hard to takedown. He'll throw his body around, and is actually one of our better checkers. Basically, he can go and deke you, or use his body, and get past you.

Do you consider Pavel Datsyuk a power-forward, too?

vCash
    While your point is 100% correct I think his game is more defined by his passing/shooting/finesse/skating to create space then by his driving to the net/work down low/in front of the net/using his body to create space. So while I see your point, when you think Pavel Datsyuk you think amazing passes and moves and snipes, not mind blowing hits and bowling through people.

I think the part of the game of his your looking at is his dedication to both sides of the play and hard work. All superstar centers have the strength the knock people around.

vCash
    Crosby, and Henrik aren't exactly the strongest guys. Crosby can turn, and use his skill. Datsyuk uses raw power, and puts his body into his opponent. He's stronger on the puck than those superstars. Someone mentioned that he's the hardest player to steal the puck from. That's not easy with the likes of Iginla, and Thornton in this league.

He goes into skill mode, but behind the net, he uses his power.

vCash
    The thing about Pavs is he can really be whatever u want him to be. I loved the payback hit he laid on Weber BTW

vCash
    If by power-forward you mean god then yes.