Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    I'd take Hanley if they can do it but they won't. You'd be replacing Reyes' speed with a guy who can hit 30 bombs from the leadoff position and hit .300 consistently.

vCash
    I thought one of our goals was to bring in people who wanted to play and were NOT bigger then the team. Hanley is a bad apple.. when the teams start failing he starts to blame everyone but himself.

No thanks, we'll pass.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Greetard View Post
    They could get more for Wright. We have the advantage here because Hanley doesn't want to play 3B. Wright could easily net a blue chip prospect, a mid-level prospect and some sort of mlb ready talent.
    There is no way you get that package for Wright....
    Dude. Take the swap as it is, don't get greedy because getting Hanley would be a bit of a stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by Greetard View Post
    Wright shows all signs of having a huge break-out season this year. If Wright starts out hot he can easily net that much.

Shows all the signs? What? Hitting 10 home runs, playing spotty in the field and batting 250? YUP all the signs.

vCash
    hey no need to rub in the fact we havent been good lately.....thanks alot

props to sfgiants5518

GO 'CUSE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DasBoot View Post
    Dude. Take the swap as it is, don't get greedy because getting Hanley would be a bit of a stretch.

Shows all the signs? What? Hitting 10 home runs, playing spotty in the field and batting 250? YUP all the signs.
    But hey, he looked damn good doing it.

vCash
    I wouldn't do it. I think Hanley's at his peak is potentially better than Wright and he plays a more premium position...but really 2009 was the only yr he was significantly better than Wright. He similar to Wright has fallen off of late, but he also has a lousy attitude to go along with it. Of course #s mean more than the other stuff, but Wright seems to be off the charts is a good way when it comes to makeup whereas Hanley is off the charts in the wrong way.

And Hanley also makes a decent chunk of money, so he's not really solving that issue any more than Wright would.

Though I suppose the argument could also be made that Hanley is more likely to bounce back. His issue a lot of the time seems to be lack of focus/effort, so maybe the argument can be made that a change of scenery different environment might help him get his act together. Wheras Wright might have hit a bit of a physical decline and/or maybe is just a bit mentally fried being here.

And while the other team shouldnt be the primary reason to make/not make a trade I feel like if Hanley really does force his way out that the Mets making this trade would have more of an immediate positive impact on the Fish than it would for the Mets. The Mets would essentially be taking a player the Fish need to get rid of and giving them a pretty good asset in return.

vCash
    Yes we will trade the face of our franchise away plus other prospects for an extremely expensive guy coming off the worst year of his career, just so we can displace our young SS and have to scramble for a 3Bman.

But hey, atleast we'd be helping out the Marlins right?

vCash
    haneys a better player who isnt very much liked by the fan base and doesnt think about the team. wright is a very good player, a great teammate, a great citizen, and a great person. ill keep wright. if i saw jose and wright on the marlins together i would die

vCash
    Hanley is the 2nd best player in the NL when he is swinging his bat at a high level. Wright may eventually leave and it will be tough to replace his production trading for Hanley now might be a good idea and maybe a fairly realistic one. Wright needs a change of scenery and Hanley may need one too. Its a good swap IMO.
    K-Rod = Johan 22 wins and World Series number 3

Crossed the Rubicon, let the bridge be burned
    vCash
    Agent: David Wright is committed to winning with the #Mets" - per @WFAN
    RIP Paul Kuznetz aka uapeople

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    I'm all for Bay playing everyday. I don't mind, I understand with the contract situation.

vCash
    David Wright has done the Mets org and fans right since day 1. Hanley is pretty much a douchebag, don't you all remember his on the field antics last year? Not to mentioned when Wright has a bad year, it's not the garbage Hanley put up last year. I wanna see Wright stay the face of the franchise, and I want to see him hit in the new dimensions and frankly I just don't like Hanley. If the guy was a Pujols and a douche, I'd say maybe, but I enjoy actually LIKING the players that play for the Mets.

vCash
    David Wright is the New York Mets. Wilpons would never do Wright like they did Jose. He has done too much for them and for the org.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DasBoot View Post

You asked a question in the OP. Just because a couple people gave you some answers you don't agree with doesn't mean you should get all pissy like some 10 year old that was told no.

You said it yourself, you're not a mets fan and you came here to gauge a response; so, don't argue and insult.

As for your proposal, no I would not make that trade.
    There are no men like me, only me.

vCash
    Niese and Pelfrey for Hanley. Marlins get pitching, we get a SS, and we save the Marlins from giving 6 years to a starting pitcher who has only started for 2 years and is 30.

vCash
    Why in the world would they want to pay Hanley when they already let a better SS go because they didn't want to pay fair market value for him. Saving money is much more important than acquiring talent that will cost money. The Mets will only be interested in talent that will command a minor league salary for the next couple of years. No MLB talent need apply.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast