Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Actually....I think ARod for HanRam actually makes more sense for everyone. Pay some of ARods salary and send him home! HanRam could be our shortstop of the future and cover 3rd when Jetes actually is in the field and not at DH.

I think Miami is the only place in the country where ARod would actually be a marketing plus. I think he could bring in money and fans, just like Albert would have, but to a lesser extent, but if the Yanks take on some salary, he is cheaper. They need pitching too....maybe they would take AJ back as well lol
    Last edited by Russollini; 12-08-2011 at 02:55 AM.

BEST COACH IN THE NBA!!! He so Smart and Funny!

vCash
    With ARod's age, I would want considerably more for Hanley. Start the deal with Montero and Hughes, then start to negotiate what other players it will cost. That or a deal involving Cano or Granderson.
    Last edited by slx90+; 12-08-2011 at 03:04 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Russollini View Post
    Actually....I think ARod for HanRam actually makes more sense for everyone. Pay some of ARods salary and send him home! HanRam could be our shortstop of the future and cover 3rd when Jetes actually is in the field and not at DH.

I think Miami is the only place in the country where ARod would actually be a marketing plus. I think he could bring in money and fans, just like Albert would have, but to a lesser extent, but if the Yanks take on some salary, he is cheaper. They need pitching too....maybe they would take AJ back as well lol
    I hope this is a joke

Otherwise, this is a serious case of homer goggles and I guess a case of the child that lost his way because you seem to have wandered out of the Yankee forum and come to the Mets forum
    There are no men like me, only me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangers&MetsFTW View Post
    I hope this is a joke

Otherwise, this is a serious case of homer goggles and I guess a case of the child that lost his way because you seem to have wandered out of the Yankee forum and come to the Mets forum
    It was part tongue and cheek and part it actually fits better. As a Yankee fan who grew up in SoFl and watched the Marlins from day one it fits with there MO, especially now. The Marlins would be my "second team". They would never have kept AP for 10 Years. That is why they would not offer a no trade clause to him, or anyone for that matter. They win and blow it up, that is there deal.

David Wright does not fit the Marlins need as he is not the latin player they can market, period. That is why that wanted Pujols and not Fielder. This like the Albert signing, would not be purely a baseball move (that is why pitching is now primary). It would be a homecoming of one of Miami's own. If the Yankees pick up part of his salary it actually could work. Wright never happens as he is not what they are looking for, a marketable star that is latin. ARod is only 5 years older then Albert so it is not so far fetched. I imagine at this point it will be pitching, a Cuban CF and some spare parts, unless they pull off a trade.

I thought of Wright at first too, and then looked at the overall scheme of things and said, "no way".

BEST COACH IN THE NBA!!! He so Smart and Funny!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DasBoot View Post
    There is no way you get that package for Wright....
    Dude. Take the swap as it is, don't get greedy because getting Hanley would be a bit of a stretch.

Shows all the signs? What? Hitting 10 home runs, playing spotty in the field and batting 250? YUP all the signs.
    Yes because a young kid coming off a terrible year with attitude problems has that much value. The Mets have the advantage because Hanley doesn't want to play 3b.

Yes everything points towards him having a big year, especially with his BABIP WAY low under his career average.
    'Cause my life is dope, and I do dope shi*

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DasBoot View Post
    There is no way you get that package for Wright....
    Dude. Take the swap as it is, don't get greedy because getting Hanley would be a bit of a stretch.

Shows all the signs? What? Hitting 10 home runs, playing spotty in the field and batting 250? YUP all the signs.
    Wright hit 14 HR in ~100 gms last yr...thats not bad. Your description sounds more like Hanley than Wright..and toss in a lousy attitude to boot. Though technically he only hit .243 last yr so he didn't reach that .250 mark.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123