Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

Hanley for Wright?

Yank's fan here, so before you think I'm a fish fan please refrain from jumping at me.

Reports are saying Hanley Ramirez doesn't want to move to third base and has informed the Marlins of this. As Met fans, would you endorse a Wright for Ramirez swap? It makes perfect sense in my opinion. Both are coming off bad seasons (D.Wright 2 in a row - eh). What do you guys think?

Maybe a deal of: Wright and a Mid-High prospect for Hanley?
    Last edited by DasBoot; 12-07-2011 at 03:24 AM.

vCash
    No way. Wright for Hanley would be close but no way would I throw in something else to take Hanley on. He's a poor defensive SS and he's lazy. David Wright is also not coming off of two bad seasons in a row--he was just as good as Hanley in 2010.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    No way. Wright for Hanley would be close but no way would I throw in something else to take Hanley on. He's a poor defensive SS and he's lazy. David Wright is also not coming off of two bad seasons in a row--he was just as good as Hanley in 2010.
    Yes, and Wright was better in 2010.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    **** no

unless ur giving me 2-3 prospects on top of wright

vCash
    As a met fan i would do this deal. For the time being put murphy at 3rd-move tejeda to 2nd but i think when hanley is traded the marlins will want pitching in return.

vCash
    Wright is better, and I don't want my two favorite players to be playing for the Marlins.

No thanks.

vCash
    Like I said yesterday, you have to explore the possibility. Hanley isn't a terrible defensive SS, he just has below average range.

With Hanley you get a guy with superstar ability at SS again that is under contract for more years.

Murphy-Ramirez-Havens/Valdespin/Tejada is better than Wright-Tejada-Havens/Valdespin

vCash
    No, but I think Sandy should just trade anyone who is worth a damn for prospects, except for Ike ofcourse! Forget half ***** spending. If you don't have the $$, just have a sale for prospects! No ones gonna go to Citi field anyway so might as well tank the damn season and get higher picks in the draft and give your fanbase a lot to look forward to in the future.

vCash
    They could get more for Wright. We have the advantage here because Hanley doesn't want to play 3B. Wright could easily net a blue chip prospect, a mid-level prospect and some sort of mlb ready talent.
    'Cause my life is dope, and I do dope shi*

vCash
    Throw in Reyes and you got a deal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Greetard View Post
    They could get more for Wright. We have the advantage here because Hanley doesn't want to play 3B. Wright could easily net a blue chip prospect, a mid-level prospect and some sort of mlb ready talent.
    If Wright brought back that much Sandy would have pulled the trigger on a move by now. Wright is coming off two major down years, no way would any team give up that much without knowing the David Wright of old is back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FmartMVP View Post
    If Wright brought back that much Sandy would have pulled the trigger on a move by now. Wright is coming off two major down years, no way would any team give up that much without knowing the David Wright of old is back.
    Wright shows all signs of having a huge break-out season this year. If Wright starts out hot he can easily net that much.
    'Cause my life is dope, and I do dope shi*

vCash
    There is no way you get that package for Wright....
    Dude. Take the swap as it is, don't get greedy because getting Hanley would be a bit of a stretch.

Wright shows all signs of having a huge break-out season this year. If Wright starts out hot he can easily net that much.

Shows all the signs? What? Hitting 10 home runs, playing spotty in the field and batting 250? YUP all the signs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DasBoot View Post
    Dude. Take the swap as it is, don't get greedy because getting Hanley would be a bit of a stretch.

Shows all the signs? What? Hitting 10 home runs, playing spotty in the field and batting 250? YUP all the signs.
    But hey, he looked damn good doing it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DasBoot View Post

You asked a question in the OP. Just because a couple people gave you some answers you don't agree with doesn't mean you should get all pissy like some 10 year old that was told no.

You said it yourself, you're not a mets fan and you came here to gauge a response; so, don't argue and insult.

As for your proposal, no I would not make that trade.
    There are no men like me, only me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast