Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

NHL Realignment Plan 2012

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=6q

Thoughts??

vCash
    I think Minny should do good in this new realignment, Det and Chi will be tough but we should be competing for a playoff spot every year. I wish they made the final two spots in the East a cross over so if teams in the West have more points then the last place east teams that quailify for a playoff spot the west team should cross over. west always has it harder then the east.
    \

vCash
    Detroit will not be as dominant here in a year or two

vCash
    thats what people have been saying for 5 years, FA sign with them, and until datsyuk zetterberg and franzen are all wearing a red wings jeresy they will be tough to beat in that division. But with Minny on the rise I hope that we take that division for years to come!!
    \

vCash
    I know we are on top of the NHL right now, but lets keep things in perspective, were only what 30 games in, plenty of season left to crown ourselves as playoff contenders for years to come we have a long ways to go.

The idea of the highest points makes it was discussed at the board meetings, it was quickly rushed aside. This would destroy east coast market and TV ratings as well as not allow some hallmark teams get to the playoffs.

Lastly Detroit and Chicago will still be dominant in 5 years. Chicago has great youth, Detroit's youth isnt as good now but they have a lot coming down the pipe and can always attract FA's. But there is no reason in 2-3 years we arent perennial playoff teams and cup contenders but we have a lot of great youth as well coming down the pipes we need to be patient (Larson, Zucker, Coyle, Brodin and probably one of the top prospects in the entire NHL in Granlund)