Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Better Pro Prospect: Anthony Davis vs. Andre Drummond

Both of these guys are extremely talented bigs and have a chance to both be top 3 picks in the 2012 draft. I was just wondering who you thought was the better prospect. While Drummond has a more NBA ready body, Davis appears to be the more NBA ready talent in terms of skill at this point. I love the potential of both of these kids and think they will both be special, but at this point I give the advantage to Davis. Thoughts?

vCash
    There are a ton of great college players right now.. UK is stacked

vCash
    Never heard of them, I dont really follow college basketball until March

But ive seen Jordan Taylor of Wisconsin play a few times last year and saw him once so far this year. That kid is gonna be a really good NBA player.

vCash
    Davis.
    Finally,
    A Sig With Class.

vCash
    Unibrow ALL DAY. J/K, I haven't watched either so I have no clue.

vCash
    Davis. A force on the defensive end.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BradHolt4CYoung View Post
    Never heard of them, I dont really follow college basketball until March

But ive seen Jordan Taylor of Wisconsin play a few times last year and saw him once so far this year. That kid is gonna be a really good NBA player.
    Trust me, you will be hearing about both of these young men. Extremely athletic, fast, rebounding, shot-blocking, defensive minded bigs (both about 6'11).

vCash
    Based on games played so far, Davis.

vCash
    Davis has been much better.. Drummond has the physical skills but he looks really uncoordinated to me.

GO JAYS GO!!

Follow me @3mikee_

vCash
    To be fair to Drummond, originally he wasn't supposed to enter the college ranks til next year, but because he was age eligible he decide to go to UConn this year instead. He has a longer way to go as far as development, but as an NBA big prospect he has just about everything you would look for. The question will be as with all prospects, is can he put it altogether and does he have the discipline and work ethic?

vCash
    Davis because he's more ready and more complete all together. Drummond is younger though so he can be just as good if not better than Davis.

vCash
    Davis

vCash
    Drummond really seems to be a typical athletic big who is HUGE coming out of HS but is more about "potential" than proven ability and that often scares a lot of teams away (see: Deandre Jordan, BJ Mullens for recent similarities).

Davis seems far more proven/polished. Easy choice atm. Fortunately the season is young.

vCash
    Depends what you look for in a prospect.

Drummond has the body and raw skill to be a dominant force at C.

Davis is more polished, ready, and a sure thing to produce.

I'd say Davis has a better chance at being the better pro of the two, but Drummond has the higher ceiling.

vCash
    Drummond.

From everything I've seen so far he is a cross between Amare & Dwight Howard. Considering the weak crop of Centers in the NBA, over the next 10 years he will emerge as the #1 C in the NBA. The only problem with Drummond has been he doesn't play with an attitude/aggression and and demand the ball like a star player should, but that was the same issue with Dwight for his first 5 years. As he becomes a man(hes only 18 right now), he will develop that aggresiveness and assert himself as a star.

I like Davis but he reminds me of Tyrus Thomas. People get so caught up on athleticism, length, mobility when it comes to a player his size(6'10) and he is a beast on defense and gets easy dunks around the basket. Yeah he has a lot of upside, but at the PF position in the NBA you gotta be capable of being more than just a defensive force.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast