Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Should we fire Frazier for this idiotic move???

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 20.00%
  • No

16 80.00%
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TearsOfPurple View Post
    Wilf won't fire Frazier yet. Give it another year, seriously guys calm down. Wilf also doesn't want to pay 3 coaches contracts (Chilly, Frazier, whoever becomes HC) if he fires Frazier.

Now this time next year and I see the same unmotivated team? I'll be leading the parade of people with torches.
    This

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    it seems like it doesn't matter what coach we have, they are hated here. Weren't people begging/hoping for Frazier just over a year ago?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%CHEESE FREE View Post
    Our team is already at a handicap coming away from the Childress years. Frazier has had one year with a quite ****ed up and substandard team. The O-line and the secondary were ****ed at the end of 2010, guess what, they're still ****ed because we had no cap room to do much of anything in FA and we drafted for BPA (other than Ponder) not to specifically address weaknesses. Maybe, just maybe the state of the team coming into 2011 could have something to do with the decisions made by the guy who had 100% control of the roster for the previous six years?

Frazier has made mistakes, but lots of first year HCs will. Childress took the best team we've had in 11 years and ran it into the ground one play away from going to the Super Bowl.

Frazier should be given until the end of the 2012 season. Jettisoning Frazier and Spielman now will just lead to an even longer rebuilding/transformation period when who ever we pick to replace them gets started (new offense, different defensive scheme, maybe even a 3-4 that will require big personnel changes with the D-line and Linebackers).

I think after this season, Spielman SHOULD be able to get the team on the right track. If he doesn't, by the end of 2012 both he and Frazier should be fired.
    Our team isn't great by any means but this is a much better team than the 2 wins we got. Out OL wasn't bad coming into the season but then he cuts our 2nd best but most important lineman. Sure maybe McKinney deserved it but we had no one to fill that void.

Let's also not forget that Chilly got the pieces to his team and they became pretty bad ***. If we hadn't turned the ball over 5 times in the NFC championship game we would have won & god knows what else.

Also bringing in a new coach wouldn't take as long as one might think. Many franchises are able to turn around a team in 1-2 seasons with the right coach. A good example is the 49ers. The Broncos should not be 6-5 but they have a proven coach in John Fox who is game planning very well.

I love Frazier the man but I just don't see "Head Coach" in him. I hope I am wrong but it's the same thing when a lot of us loved T-Jack. We saw a guy with lots of potential but wasn't sure if he had that "IT" factor. Same thing in Frazier...I think a lot of hope he is the next Dungy.

Adopt-A-Viking: Harrison Smith
    Tackles: 23, INTs: 2, Sacks: 0

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    Our team isn't great by any means but this is a much better team than the 2 wins we got. Out OL wasn't bad coming into the season but then he cuts our 2nd best but most important lineman. Sure maybe McKinney deserved it but we had no one to fill that void.

Let's also not forget that Chilly got the pieces to his team and they became pretty bad ***. If we hadn't turned the ball over 5 times in the NFC championship game we would have won & god knows what else.

Also bringing in a new coach wouldn't take as long as one might think. Many franchises are able to turn around a team in 1-2 seasons with the right coach. A good example is the 49ers. The Broncos should not be 6-5 but they have a proven coach in John Fox who is game planning very well.

I love Frazier the man but I just don't see "Head Coach" in him. I hope I am wrong but it's the same thing when a lot of us loved T-Jack. We saw a guy with lots of potential but wasn't sure if he had that "IT" factor. Same thing in Frazier...I think a lot of hope he is the next Dungy.
    Umm our offensive line was one of the worst in the league coming into the season. Remember what happened to Favre last year?

McKinney did deserve it and I think it was the right move to make. I think its safe to say that even if we didn't cut him he would still be lazy and useless playing for us this season, why would that change? I think that Frazier made mistakes not cutting Berrian and Madieu outright as well (he was trying to work something out to KEEP Madieu which I think would have been horrible) but what he did with McKinney sent the right message.

Also, using the 49ers as an example of turning the franchise around is a bit misleading, as its rare for a new coach to have such success with minimal personnel changes. If we expect that out of a Frazier replacement we are going to be disappointed. Look at where Harbaugh is coming from. Its not every team that can just take I would compare that to us hiring Denny Green in the 90s. People can say lots about how things ended up (the team once again stalling and Denny getting canned) and about what some of the things that happened on his watch, but he did field a very competitive team when he took over.

Frazier MAY not be the right HC for this team, and if he continues to fail (after this season) I do not agree with the idea of letting him play out his contract (if he ****s up our 2012 season I don't care if we'll still be paying him in 2013 I'd want him gone).

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    Changes expected in Minnesota after the season

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on November 28, 2011, 3:58 PM EST

Getty Images
    There weren’t high expectations for Leslie Frazier’s first season in Minnesota, but the team has still disappointed.

They are tied for the second worst record in football at 2-9, and records like that usually bring change. Frazier should be safe, but Tom Pelissero of espn1500.com writes that his defensive staff will likely be tweaked.

Frazier has already relieved defensive coordinator Fred Pagac of some of his duties. Frazier has been more active calling defensive plays.

“There are dead men walking at Winter Park, and deep down, Frazier must know it,” Pelissero writes. “A defensive coaching staff largely assembled by predecessor Brad Childress probably has as much time left with the Vikings as Donovan McNabb.”

Bringing McNabb in was one of Frazier’s first moves. Pelissero says Frazier “won a contentious debate” to acquire McNabb. Frazier also reportedly was at odds with the front office over bringing in cornerback Benny Sapp.

It appears that dividing personnel duties between Frazier and Vice President of Player Personnel Rick Spielman could be creating some conflict between trying to win now and developing for the future.

Changes to the defensive staff seem inevitable. It’s worth wondering if the Vikings will also adjust how they structure personnel decisions in the future.
    See, here's the thing here, we have guys who are smart and can do very well (just look at how Frazier and Pagac took down Philly last year with Antoine Winfield and the corner blitz) but who, like the rest of the team are doing very bad for themselves right now and are very inconsistent.

Also, about how bad our D (aside from the front 4 if you don't count Remi Ayodele) is doing. Our secondary, which wasn't great to begin with is depleted without Winfield, Cook and Abdullah (as much as people are not liking Abdullah right now). We've also had Sanford miss a game or two and we're seeing guys like Tyrell Johnson (who should likely not still be on the team) and Asher Allen (can't cover except for that one good game he had, what else is new) far more than we should. Put onto of that, it appears a lot of our schemes are putting our linebackers into mismatches by having them cover faster WRs or TEs.

Its a combination of bad coaching and somewhat lacking personnel (not to take a shot at Greenway, but I recall seeing him lined up on one of Oakland's FAST WRs last week, this shouldn't be happening).

To sum it all up, team team that we're left with (still made up largely of Chilly's 09/10 team) is like a 70s British sports car. Parts of it look nice and its sure fun to drive but when you go to turn the lights or radio on, you smell a burning smell and need to get new fuses..................

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!

vCash
    I think injuries/off field player issues/ and no training camp is making Fraizers first year look bad. No doubt The Oline and secondary needs to be sured up this offseason. Should be fun to see what Fraizer does in his first offseason and how it plays into the 2012 season.

vCash
    Well Ziggy is going to have to make an announcement soon to ensure Frasiers future cause he looks overwhelmed and coached every second. Its the truth in saying he is too nice of a guy to be a HC.

vCash
    Okay....just chill for a minute. Fraizer definitely needs to stay. He needs some time. I think a lot of people forget there was a lockout right before this season. Pagac was a terrible, but easy move for a team that is bound to lose this year. Singletary will inevitably be the D.C. Dont know if I like that but meh. (See 2011 49ers/Same team as last year, but a different motivator) I am enthralled with the progress of Ponder. Musgrave will mold him like Matt Ryan. Musgrave will also have a full offseason and training camp next year to install more of his offense. All in all 2-14 is really no different than 7-9. You dont make the playoffs with either record, but at 2-14 we get a waaaay better draft pick. Then we get Ponder his #1 guy. Trade down and take Floyd or Blackmon...or the kid from USC. Or stay at 2 and draft Kalil and protect the blind side for years to come. We knew we were gonna suck this year, but I think things will get better.

vCash
    I didn't know we were going to look like this at all. McNabb was a total bust, to my surprise, and both our O and Secondary slid to the worst in the league but there is no flavor at all.

He ins't frustrated at all its just OHHHHH Shucks every interview.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coenthar View Post
    I didn't know we were going to look like this at all. McNabb was a total bust, to my surprise, and both our O and Secondary slid to the worst in the league but there is no flavor at all.

He ins't frustrated at all its just OHHHHH Shucks every interview.
    Totaly agree. I was not a big Frazier supporter from the start. I would MUCH rather we went out and got a proven HC like Gruden, Bilick, or Cowher. However once the move was made I got behind it. As this season started I began to see some disturbing decisions, both on the field and off, and I just thought " it's his first full year as HC and he will learn from his mistakes. The problem is, he has NOT learned from them he has repeated them. Still I was hopeing for him to get it. Then came his. Comments after the ATL game. He was talking about Percy and said that their plan coming out of the half was to stretch the field, "if we can". After hearing him throw in the "if we can" I have become convinced he IS NOT the right person for this job. That is some thing a HC of a 2-8 team should never say. Did he say that to his team? If so its no wonder they aren't motivated. A coach needs to be realistically confident, and that kind of comment in public or/and to his players/coaches shows a complete lack of leadership skills. It needs to be " our game plan was X" period. Once a coach starts questioning in public weather his team "can" do something the players will emedietly have Doubts. This may seem like a small thing to some of you but to me it is a huge warning sign that says " I am in way over my head, and I am not an EFECTIVE leader." Thoughts?
    Hey coach. Do you have ANY idea what you are doing?
    Thats what I thought.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pavikingsfan View Post
    I am not ready to give up on Frazier, but I will throw the towel in on Musgrave and our Cover-2. If we keep either/both of them we will never win a super bowl. The cover-2 is such a lame defense. "Bend but don't break" garbage. We get almost zero turnovers especially INT's and every QB we face looks like an MVP. Get rid of our sorry azz cover-2 zone garbage!!!! PLEASE!!!!!! Hindsight is 20/20 but I wished Tice would have been given the support of Wilf and a few more years. I think he was an excellent teacher who saw his own mistakes and learned from them. Chicago's O-line looked worse than ours and he fixed it...... I think Frazier can be a good coach but he needs atleast one more year.
    Our Cover-2 isn't effective because EJ can't get down the field in coverage and our safety play is awful. The defense is effective when you have the right pieces: Pass rushing DE's / Coverage MLB / Ball Hawking safeties. We have only 1 of the 3 key pieces.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by augipitcher3 View Post
    Our Cover-2 isn't effective because EJ can't get down the field in coverage and our safety play is awful. The defense is effective when you have the right pieces: Pass rushing DE's / Coverage MLB / Ball Hawking safeties. We have only 1 of the 3 key pieces.
    Also, even if we only have 2 out of 3, look at how good our defense was in 2009, with a pre-injury E.J. Henderson and worse safeties.

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!

vCash
    I wasn't behind the hiring from the start but like anyone on our team once the decision is made you have to support you team, players, and coaches. We have a special thing in Ponder, Harvin, Ap, Allen, Williams, and many others to waste their talents and careers.

You have to understand that he was with our team as our assistant HC and ran 1/2 of our team for sometime before he was coach, and then he also had part of last season to get things together. Even though it was a short camp he had all the time as a coach to get this crap together, you cant act like all the other 30 teams that are better than us didn't get the same problem. Hell he got to give Ponder the playbook before the lockout.

Remember we are just 2 years removed from the NFC Championship game, we haven't overhauled our team that much, and the guys that are getting older, we have some young talent that makes up for that decline. Point is a new HC would re-energise our base in MN, even though that usually means its rebuilding time, but it is anyway. I will say this that with one of my 3 choices as HC we wont be rebuilding, we will be Reloading.
    Last edited by Coenthar; 11-29-2011 at 07:25 PM.

vCash

The Leslie Frazier Thread (Opinions, Thoughts, Ideas, News....)

I think Billick could utilize the weapons we have and bring in the 1-2 punch of Moss and Culpepper one last time. With Jenkins and Harvin in the slot, the passing game could become pretty dynamic. AP in the backfield utilized as Robert Smith was years ago. I'd even go as far as bringing in Moss and VJax along with Harvin in the slot. That would be a nasty core to work with. And Billick has already proven that he knows how to run an offense.

If we could get Billick to come to Minnesota to be the head coach and call the offense, I think we could see some more fireworks like we did in 98.

vCash
    I'm pretty sure your joking, right?

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast