Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009mvp View Post
    When doesn't someone try and link Cabrera to the Jays?

Anyways, unless I'm confused as to how this whole process works I doubt players of Orlando Cabrera's calibre warrant a visit from his handlers. Which isn't to say that I believe any of this Pujols stuff, as far as I can tell this guy has about as much 'insider' information as you and I.
    Agreed on both points.

vCash
    When doesn't someone try and link Cabrera to the Jays?

Anyways, unless I'm confused as to how this whole process works I doubt players of Orlando Cabrera's calibre warrant a visit from his handlers. Which isn't to say that I believe any of this Pujols stuff, as far as I can tell this guy has about as much 'insider' information as you and I.
    Yeah that is true about Cabrera always being linked to the Jays. Thought the same thing about his agents making their way up here to constrcut a deal.

I'm hoping against hope they're here to discuss an extension for Votto. ray:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxeryll View Post
    how about throw fielder $150M for 5 years?
    he has no reason to command more than agone or tex contract
    Beeston: "we should be able to support a $140-$150 million payroll and that's the direction that we're headed."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wamco View Post
    I'll predict a decline in pujols as hgh testing comes into play especially considering his age is up to debate as per rob neyer

much more interested in fielder. a recent survey of mlb execs stated they feel more value will come via fielder also
    i was about to post just that, i dont think we should sign fielder or pujols because of the HGH testing. We don't know if either of them did it so if i am rogers, i won't be throwing my money around this offseason.

Sydney, Australia but born in Exhibition Stadium
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wamco View Post
    he has no reason to command more than agone or tex contract
    Nice...then 2 team options for 35 each and then a player option for the 4th...to match Jose time. Perfect...everyone get's what they want.

Wait...then we can't have Cooper at first for the next 8 years...forget Prince!
    Hey! It'S JoeyBatS

vCash
    I don't see them bidding $200+ million on Pujols, but they may be after Beltran or someone else.

vCash
    AA signing Pujols? LOL

vCash
    this is how we first heard rumblings of the wells trade last year

vCash
    ^^I don't recall anything even resembling 'rumblings' about Wells being moved. Even when we were all speculating what the Jays had given up to get Napoli I don't remember anyone even daring to speculate that it was Wells headed the other way.

vCash
    ^^I don't recall anything even resembling 'rumblings' about Wells being moved. Even when we were all speculating what the Jays had given up to get Napoli I don't remember anyone even daring to speculate that it was Wells headed the other way.
    oh yeah, i am long time reader of this board. many will remember there was a thread with links to vague sources of a possible wells trade 2 weeks before it happened. 99% of posters laughed it off saying wells' contract unmovable. you must been one of them who scoffed at it?
    Last edited by FrenchyCanadian; 11-29-2011 at 02:27 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FrenchyCanadian View Post
    oh yeah, i am long time reader of this board. many will remember there was a thread with links to vague sources of a possible wells trade 2 weeks before it happened. 99% of posters laughed it off saying wells' contract unmovable. but load and behold
    lol it's "low and behold". Anyways, I don't remember anything being written about the Wells deal prior to. I can't recall anytime there have been rumblings prior to a AA move. Speculation maybe but I can't remember anything concrete. Link(s)?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FrenchyCanadian View Post
    oh yeah, i am long time reader of this board. many will remember there was a thread with links to vague sources of a possible wells trade 2 weeks before it happened. 99% of posters laughed it off saying wells' contract unmovable. you must been one of them who scoffed at it?
    Laughed rightly so too. That happened 1/2 because of a stupid GM and 1/2 just plain miracle. I wouldn't bet money on those type of deals happening again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by halladaymvp View Post
    lol it's "low and behold". Anyways, I don't remember anything being written about the Wells deal prior to. I can't recall anytime there have been rumblings prior to a AA move. Speculation maybe but I can't remember anything concrete. Link(s)?
    I looked for thread titles with any indication towards a Wells rumour up to a month before the trade...nothin

vCash
    Ya the wells trade came out of the blue. Im on the fence with Pujols though. hes probably going to get A-rod esque contract. I just dont want us to be stuck with that

Sydney, Australia but born in Exhibition Stadium
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dol-Fan View Post
    I looked for thread titles with any indication towards a Wells rumour up to a month before the trade...nothin
    OMFG!! I knew this would happen.

I was talking...suggesting....making trade suggestion on moving Wells contract right after Rios was moved. I was burned at the stake. "Oh, Wells contract is un-trade-able...you don't know anything...bla,bla". Everyone here disagreed with me...everyone. You know who you are.

I'd have to look up the posts but, I remember saying something like..."if we eat 30-40 mill and send a few A prospects we could do it". Which made sense. What AA did was pure Fracking genius.

I don't want anyone saying that it wasn't suggested or pushed on these boards.

Man...you guys.
    Hey! It'S JoeyBatS

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast