Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I don't really believe this guy and am not getting excited. Beeston also expressed that the Blue Jays were not in on 6-10 yr deals. Unless Pujols would consider something like 5 yrs/160-170m which I doubt, then we can forget about him.

vCash
    Votto!!

vCash
    come on rogers!

vCash
    Pujols would bring in loads of fans. adding him to the line-up instantly makes us contenders for the new wild-card, and a little help brought in, in the pitching department and we could have a real shot at a WS.

If we sign Pujols, we can expect greater media coverage from the US, and at least 40 000 fans per game at the Rogers Centre.

I know its a ton of money, and a long contract but come on.

It'd be like Sidney Crosby playing for the Leafs! (except that that leafs already sell out every game).

Any time you have the opportunity to add the best player in the sport, you need to look into it. I assume AA is just checking in on things, but if he could get Albert for 6 years and 180 million, I'd do it.

Bautista hitting 3, and Pujols hitting 4?

Could combine for 90 HRs, 200 Rs, 220 RBIs, 200 BBs.... i'd die

vCash
    yea he's only coming here for his free agents, no way Votto is coming here in a trade.

vCash
    Again, it'll never happen.. but

in Pujols' WORST season he finished 9th in MVP voting.... in his worst year! wowww.

vCash
    Probably just a stop over at the airport on his way to Churchill to see the polar bears

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by saskjaysfan View Post
    I don't really believe this guy and am not getting excited. Beeston also expressed that the Blue Jays were not in on 6-10 yr deals. Unless Pujols would consider something like 5 yrs/160-170m which I doubt, then we can forget about him.
    I think that all goes out the window when you have a chance to sign the best player in baseball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wagnall View Post
    Probably just a stop over at the airport on his way to Churchill to see the polar bears
    Judging by Lozano's reputation, probably a stop over on the way to Montreal for a few days of hookers and hooch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JermanJaysFan View Post
    Judging by Lozano's reputation, probably a stop over on the way to Montreal for a few days of hookers and hooch.

vCash
    Meh, I don't believe much until I see it happen. Probably just some dumb rumor or something. Pujols wont be a Blue Jay. Sorry guys.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    Maybe we're looking at Cabrera as a stopgap 2B? Then again I can see this agent just using Toronto(who's known to have a lot money) to up the ante for teams targeting Pujols.

Either way, Pujols ain't coming here

vCash
    I'll predict a decline in pujols as hgh testing comes into play especially considering his age is up to debate as per rob neyer

much more interested in fielder. a recent survey of mlb execs stated they feel more value will come via fielder also
    Beeston: "we should be able to support a $140-$150 million payroll and that's the direction that we're headed."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wamco View Post
    I'll predict a decline in pujols as hgh testing comes into play especially considering his age is up to debate as per rob neyer

much more interested in fielder. a recent survey of mlb execs stated they feel more value will come via fielder also
    how about throw fielder $150M for 5 years?
    Last edited by Toxeryll; 11-29-2011 at 12:00 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AvonBarksdale View Post
    Maybe we're looking at Cabrera as a stopgap 2B? Then again I can see this agent just using Toronto(who's known to have a lot money) to up the ante for teams targeting Pujols.

Either way, Pujols ain't coming here
    When doesn't someone try and link Cabrera to the Jays?

Anyways, unless I'm confused as to how this whole process works I doubt players of Orlando Cabrera's calibre warrant a visit from his handlers. Which isn't to say that I believe any of this Pujols stuff, as far as I can tell this guy has about as much 'insider' information as you and I.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast