Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Totally agree. I haven't saw this kind of team in awhile.

vCash
    this game showed they are buying into urban's brand
    ....pleasing the casual fan,while telling the hardcore fan to go to hell since 2006

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by browniebuck View Post
    Urban Meyer for President...with Braxton Miller as his VP!!!

Any other year, Braxton Miller would be leading the Heisman watch list...but unless Geno Smith either starts losing or throwing more picks than TDs, the Heisman is his to lose!

Another solid recruiting class this year and the nation will be put on notice that the Buckeyes are back and should contend for next year's national championship. Braxton Miller, Carlos Hyde, Devin Smith, Philly Brown...and a playmaker or two from this year's freshman class or next year's...this team could AVERAGE 50 a game!
    I like this post!!

vCash
    It's been a great year thus far. You can't help but love the aggressive mindset that Urban has brought over and it is really paying dividends. Hopefully we aren't due for a letdown this week, IU looked tough against MSU. Our offense should have no problem scoring on them but our defense needs to have another strong week to secure this one early and put us in cruise control throughout the second half.

5. 10-13-2012, 08:43 PM
    Reason
    Dodging Filter

vCash
    i would REALLY love to see buckeyes actually handle a team for once...go bucks
    ....pleasing the casual fan,while telling the hardcore fan to go to hell since 2006

vCash
    I hope we blow PurDont out of the water.

vCash
    Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooo!!!!! What a comeback!!!

vCash
    That was crazy.

Hopefully Braxton is okay

vCash
    Absolutely pathetic performance. Thankfully they pulled it out, but man, we looked bad. If we play like that against anyone else remaining on our schedule it's a for-sure loss.

As Skippy said hopefully Braxton is alright. Judging by the way he reacted to the hit I wouldn't be surprised if he's out for the year. Especially since this year doesn't really matter too much anyway.

vCash
    Braxton is alright. Passed all head, neck, shoulder and concussion tests.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Melo15 View Post
    Absolutely pathetic performance. Thankfully they pulled it out, but man, we looked bad. If we play like that against anyone else remaining on our schedule it's a for-sure loss.

As Skippy said hopefully Braxton is alright. Judging by the way he reacted to the hit I wouldn't be surprised if he's out for the year. Especially since this year doesn't really matter too much anyway.
    Who cares we won. You aren't going to always look pretty in doing it but the W is all that matters.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bootsy View Post
    Who cares we won. You aren't going to always look pretty in doing it but the W is all that matters.
    I care. It's great that we won but that performance was extremely lackluster. We made a very below average defense look like the steel curtain today. Don't get me wrong, it was an awesome finish, but if we show up like that next week Penn State will run us off the field.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Melo15 View Post
    I care. It's great that we won but that performance was extremely lackluster. We made a very below average defense look like the steel curtain today. Don't get me wrong, it was an awesome finish, but if we show up like that next week Penn State will run us off the field.
    Then you don't have a very good life if you care that much about a football game your team won to still be unhappy. If you are that kind of fan more power to you but I stopped caring about looking good and winning a long time ago. This season has been so much better than last year and the future looks extremely bright. We aren't even close to reaching our potential but winning creates a different attitude and different mentality. It also helps with recruiting, not that just being Ohio St doesn't, but winning and then seeing the reaction of the players and coaches after is a huge for a recruit.

If we show up like that next week we might win again.That's the beauty of sports things don't make sense and they change day to day, week to week. We didn't look good at times yesterday so what, we won. I'll take that over a loss and not looking good or losing and looking good. There have been plenty of times where this team could have mailed it in and said 'well this season doesn't matter anyway' but they dug down and win.
    Last edited by bootsy; 10-21-2012 at 05:12 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bootsy View Post
    Then you don't have a very good life if you care that much about a football game your team won to still be unhappy. If you are that kind of fan more power to you but I stopped caring about looking good and winning a long time ago. This season has been so much better than last year and the future looks extremely bright. We aren't even close to reaching our potential but winning creates a different attitude and different mentality. It also helps with recruiting, not that just being Ohio St doesn't, but winning and then seeing the reaction of the players and coaches after is a huge for a recruit.

If we show up like that next week we might win again.That's the beauty of sports things don't make sense and they change day to day, week to week. We didn't look good at times yesterday so what, we won. I'll take that over a loss and not looking good or losing and looking good. There have been plenty of times where this team could have mailed it in and said 'well this season doesn't matter anyway' but they dug down and win.
    Oh yes, the old if you don't see things from my perspective you must not have a very good life comment. Always a good one. Not everyone is an eternal optimist and just because we won doesn't mean we played well. Or even mediocre for that matter.

Purdue is not a very good team and they should have beat us on our home field. We played absolutely terrible offensively against one of the worst defenses in the B1G (which is saying a whole lot this year) until the final possession. There is no way to be happy about that.

The only positive for me was our defense. After the opening touchdown they really started showing some signs of improvement. Now, whether that was due to our own improvements or Purdue's talent level remains to be seen.

Hopefully this was just a case of us overlooking the opponent and focusing on the next week. While that raises some red flags of its own, it would certainly be better than knowing we were focused on Purdue and played that poorly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SnoStorm View Post
    Braxton is alright. Passed all head, neck, shoulder and concussion tests.
    It still worries me that they felt the need to send him off to the hospital for testing. I wouldn't be surprised if he sits out one game even though they said he is alright.

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast