Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    vCash
    From what I have heard, the University of Alabama is pretty freaking sweet. Our HS coaching staff went there a couple years ago for their coaching visit and they all said that, if they were being recruited to play football, 'Bama would be REALLY hard to pass up. The fact that the 'Bama visit comes after the Buckeye visit kind of sucks.

Not saying that he should make his decision based on his night out, just saying that his brother was tweeting about not having the best time with the night life. I am hoping that his brother doesn't know what he is talking about, because twitpic of him in the scarlet #7 jersey....I could get used to seeing that on Saturdays for the next 3-4 years.

vCash
    Also starting to look like Shelton Gibson may wind up at either WV or Kentucky due to playing time concerns. Also has an official set up with Tennessee this weekend...which would also be a little more intriguing from a playing time standpoint after Justin Hunter and Cordarrelle Patterson both declared early.

Michael Thomas, Devin Smith, Corey "Philly" Brown, Chris Fields, Evan Spencer....add in Jalin Marshall and Taivon Jacobs (from this year's recruiting class) and our WR depth chart is a little crowded for someone looking for immediate playing time. But...if he is as good as he thinks he is, Urban isn't going to keep one of the top 3-4 WR on the team off the field. Just depends on how hard he is willing to work to get into that top 3-4....if he is willing to do the work, he should have no problems, if he wants it handed to him, he will need to go elsewhere.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by browniebuck View Post
    Also starting to look like Shelton Gibson may wind up at either WV or Kentucky due to playing time concerns. Also has an official set up with Tennessee this weekend...which would also be a little more intriguing from a playing time standpoint after Justin Hunter and Cordarrelle Patterson both declared early.

Michael Thomas, Devin Smith, Corey "Philly" Brown, Chris Fields, Evan Spencer....add in Jalin Marshall and Taivon Jacobs (from this year's recruiting class) and our WR depth chart is a little crowded for someone looking for immediate playing time. But...if he is as good as he thinks he is, Urban isn't going to keep one of the top 3-4 WR on the team off the field. Just depends on how hard he is willing to work to get into that top 3-4....if he is willing to do the work, he should have no problems, if he wants it handed to him, he will need to go elsewhere.
    Gibson just committed to West Virginia after Ohio state passed on him.

IMO this happened because of the emergence of Jalin Marshall as a wide reciever. Everyone thought it would take him longer to adjust to WR from QB but he's excelling at it and is the big time play maker Meyer wants. Gibson with grade issues a possible issue also

vCash
    All remaining eggs need to be placed in the Vonn Bell basket. Urban Meyer needs to head down to GA and carry his books around school for the rest of the week, perhaps make him dinner, maybe even write his girlfriend a lovely poem.

The 2013 class is very strong already, but the addition of a player of Vonn Bell's quality will push it over the top.

vCash
    I'm not so sure.

Ohio state backed off Gibson, they had a reason. With chip Kelly going to the NFL I'd rather take a look at some of Oregons commits. They have some big play makers and we are very strong at safety.

vCash
    Someone on the UofM page said that they lost a couple recruits today...one to Ohio State (the other to MSU). I have been looking at recruiting sites and haven't seen who it is...anyone hear anything?

Also hearing that #10 RB prospect Dontre Wilson (Oregon commit) coming to town next weekend for an official visit. Maybe Chip Kelly spurning the Browns WILL work out for us in the end! Also rumored to be in on the 4 star Robinson twins (Tyrell #5 OLB prospect in the country and Tyree #17 WR prospect). Probably won't get all 3...but 1 or 2 would be pretty damn nice!!!

vCash
    the Robinson twins have reportedly scheduled a visit to The Ohio State University in the wake of Chip Kelly leaving the Ducks. 3 of the top 4 Oregon recruits have now scheduled official visits with the Buckeyes...which means...athletes heading towards Columbus. Work your magic Mr. Meyer!

vCash
    the Robinson twins have reportedly scheduled a visit to The Ohio State University in the wake of Chip Kelly leaving the Ducks. 3 of the top 4 Oregon recruits have now scheduled official visits with the Buckeyes...which means...athletes heading towards Columbus. Work your magic Mr. Meyer!
    That's awesome..they both are playing football and basketball.

vCash
    From what I've seen the class will likely be at 25.

They are trying to hold a spot for Bell so sounds like its the twins or Wilson and possibly bell or back out on bell and go after all 3.

Personally I go hard for Wilson over anyone, the guy is a burner and fits the "Percy harvin role" perfectly. He can run the ball, catch the ball and is fast as all hell

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy15 View Post
    From what I've seen the class will likely be at 25.

They are trying to hold a spot for Bell so sounds like its the twins or Wilson and possibly bell or back out on bell and go after all 3.

Personally I go hard for Wilson over anyone, the guy is a burner and fits the "Percy harvin role" perfectly. He can run the ball, catch the ball and is fast as all hell
    My thoughts as well. Wilson would be a big get, but they are also in the mix for Cornelius Elder who also fits the Percy Harvin role...so if they were to miss out on Wilson, Elder would be a solid fall back option.

Dontre Wilson - 5'10", 180 lbs, 4.40 40 (Committed to Oregon...taking official visits to Ohio State and Oregon State in the wake of Chip Kelly departure)
    Scout.com bio - Wilson is not only one of the premiere play makers in the state, but he is one of the best in the country. He is a speed demon, who can score in an instant and in a number of different ways. He plays primarily out of the backfield in high school, but would make an excellent slot receiver in college. His speed is a real asset on special teams. The biggest problem will be finding out how to get him enough touches. He runs a legit 4.4.
    Strengths - Breakaway speed, foot quickness, hands
    Area for improvement - tackle breaking ability

Cornelius Elder - 5'10", 165 lbs, 4.42 40 (is rumored to have High Interest in Ohio State and UCLA, also visiting Georgia Tech and Vanderbilt)
    Scout.com bio - Elder is a winner first of all. He has won three state championships on the football field and he will take that winning attitude with him to college. As a running back, he is extremely slippery. He is tough to tackle, he is tough to get a big hit on, and he is a threat to make a big play any time he touches the football. He is very quick, he is shifty, and he can catch the ball out of the backfield. He is a tough player too.
    Strengths - acceleration, breakaway speed, elusiveness
    Areas for improvement - power and size

vCash
    I wouldn't be surprised to see us bring in those 2. But Wilson has to be a WR or in the so called harvin roll to make the most of his time here. We are so deep at running back.

Hyde
    Hall
    Smith
    Dunn
    Ball
    Elliot

Dunn and Elliot need to get some real playing time this year IMO. Both have big time future roles. Dunn as our power back and Elliot as just a big time play maker

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy15 View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised to see us bring in those 2. But Wilson has to be a WR or in the so called harvin roll to make the most of his time here. We are so deep at running back.

Hyde
    Hall
    Smith
    Dunn
    Ball
    Elliot

Dunn and Elliot need to get some real playing time this year IMO. Both have big time future roles. Dunn as our power back and Elliot as just a big time play maker
    Did Jordan Hall get another year of eligibility (stats say he appeared in 7 games last year)? He is listed as a senior on the roster.

Even if he is done....we have
    Carlos Hyde
    Rod Smith
    Bri'onte Dunn
    Warren Ball
    Ezekiel Elliott

I would think that a player as highly ranked as Dontre Wilson would, if he were to stay at the RB position, slot in above Warren Ball and Zeke Elliott, putting him 4th on the depth chart. However, Hyde, Smith (could we convert him into a WR with his 6'3" size?), and Dunn are all the "bruiser" type backs that can go around or through....Wilson's size (5'10" 180 lbs) would put him into another spot that he would be all alone in...the "scat back" category.

Would be a great problem to have if it comes to fruition!

vCash
    just looked it up....Hall did get a medical redshirt and will return in 2013.

vCash
    Did Jordan Hall get another year of eligibility (stats say he appeared in 7 games last year)? He is listed as a senior on the roster.

Even if he is done....we have
    Carlos Hyde
    Rod Smith
    Bri'onte Dunn
    Warren Ball
    Ezekiel Elliott

I would think that a player as highly ranked as Dontre Wilson would, if he were to stay at the RB position, slot in above Warren Ball and Zeke Elliott, putting him 4th on the depth chart. However, Hyde, Smith (could we convert him into a WR with his 6'3" size?), and Dunn are all the "bruiser" type backs that can go around or through....Wilson's size (5'10" 180 lbs) would put him into another spot that he would be all alone in...the "scat back" category.

Would be a great problem to have if it comes to fruition!
    Yes it would haha

But I don't think he would slide over Elliot on the running back depth. Elliott the same player just slightly slower but a little more power with a 25 pound advantage on Wilson.

Both are essentiall the same player, very fast, great runners with the ball and great pass catchers.

I love all the playmakers we have coming in

vCash
    I'm worried some of those younger RB's will want to transfer..Though aren't Hall, Hyde & Smith Seniors?

Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast