Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

The Ohio State Buckeyes Thread!!!

I figured it was time to make one!!

I for one am super pumped about getting Urban Meyer to be the next Head Coach. I expect Meyer to bring in some real good Assistant Coaches along with some decent recruits.

Also Yesterday OSU got a commit from 4 Star recuit WR Ricquan Southward out of Lakeland Flordia. He was commited to the Miami Hurricanes but decommited and commited to Ohio State. He looks like a pretty gifted player.
    Here a highlight video of him: http://vimeo.com/30317915

props to Bee for the sig!!

vCash
    Good luck with the new Ohio State coach! Imagine it will work out well for Buckeye fans. Looks like us Illini are in the market for a new head coaching position with Zook receiving the axe yesterday. It would be nice if we could attract someone of Meyers coaching abilities, but then again don't think we could afford a salary that high. Read that Meyer's was to receive 6 million a year. Unreal!

"Urban Meyer Reportedly Hired as Ohio State Coach"

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2011/1...est=latestnews

vCash
    I wish you nothing but luck on you coaching search and hope you find a good one!!

vCash
    Meyer Signs Six Year Deal Worth Minimum of 4 Million a Year
    From OSU Press Releases

Below are the terms of Head Football Coach Urban Meyer's contract as released by the Department of Athletics.

The six-year contract agreed to by Coach Meyer and the university includes $4 million in annual compensation. Additionally, Coach Meyer will receive supplemental compensation and bonuses based on achieving certain milestones (listed below) including academic accomplishments for the football program and retention payments of $450,000, $750,000 and $1.2 million payable if Coach Meyer is still employed as head coach on January 31, 2014, January 31, 2016, and January 31, 2018.

Meyer's compensation package includes the following incentive pay:

a: Base compensation: 700,000

b: Media, promotions and public relations: 1,850,000

c: Apparel/shoe/equipment contract: 1,400,000

d: Retirement Contribution Payment: 40,000

e: Coca-Cola appearance payment: 10,000

f: A one-time 250,000 transition payment.

g: An additional 250,000 transition payment which Ohio State will deduct in substantially equal amounts from the Coach's basic salary fir the first 12 months of the agreement.

h: Meyer's incentive pay is as follows:

APR of 990-999: 100,000

APR of 1000 or above: 150,000

Graduation Success Rate of 70 - 79/99% - 100,000

Graduation Success Rate of 80% or higher - 150,00

Big Ten Leaders Division Championship - 50,000

Winner of Big Ten Championship game - 100,000 plus an additional on year added to contract terms.

BCS bowl game other than the National Championship game - 150.000

National Championship Game Appearance - 250,000

i: 1,200 per month for automobile costs for two automobiles

j: A full golf membership; at a mutually-agreed upon golf course.

k: Use of a private plane (not commercial) when coach is making recruiting visits or on other mutually-agreed upon university business when such recruiting visits or business are more than 200 miles from the City of Columbus. Coach will also be allowed such jet aircraft for his personal use for 35 hours (in air and dead time inclusive) each year. Coaches use of such private aircraft for recruiting and business shall not exceed 50 hours (in air and dead time) per year.

l: Coach will receive 12 tickets to Ohio Stadium for each home game as well as five press box booth credentials. Coach will also receive use of a suite in Ohio Stadium for the use of his spouse and family. Coach will also get two tickets to each Ohio State home basketball game. Coach will also have the opportunity to purchase an additional 20 tickets in Ohio Stadium to each home game.

Coach will have the opportunity to earn supplemental compensation by assisting in the marketing, supervision and general administration of summer football camps.

Among Meyer's off-field duties specified in his employment contract are the responsibility to appear on television and radio shows and other media programs as requested by Ohio State. Ohio State has committed to working with Coach Meyer to create the Urban Meyer Fellowship for Ethics and Leadership in Sports for one or more students at Ohio State. Coach agrees to teach and support the fellowship initiative and work with the University to secure additional financial support to endow this initiative.

vCash
    Urban Meyer

vCash
    Can't wait to see who he hires as assistants.

vCash
    Same here. You guys have any guesses?

vCash
    I heard that Mike Stoops and Chad Morris O Cordinator of Clemson had interviews today.

vCash
    OSU got a huge hire in Mark Pantoni from Flordia.

http://ohiostate.247sports.com/Board...tor--5875608/1

vCash
    Good hire for Ohio State. Hopefully my Huskers can give him a loss in Columbus next year!

vCash
    Thank you Letsgobrownies for making this thread.

Heard they offered Stoops a position as the co-def coordinator. Seems like it may be a done deal.

On Urban Meyer and recruiting man can this guy recruit!! From not being on the #1 DE Noah Spence's list to maybe his number 1 and getting a visit from him. Yesterday called Cyrus Jones and got a visit out of him if you haven't see this kid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4pwLd1KZI0 Percy Harvin type talent.

Good time to be a Buckeye fan!
    Last edited by Cassidy28; 12-01-2011 at 05:29 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by letsgobrownies7 View Post
    I heard that Mike Stoops and Chad Morris O Cordinator of Clemson had interviews today.
    Good call.

News9.com in Oklahoma City is reporting that Meyer has offered Stoops the co-defensive coordinator position at Ohio State. When asked about the report, a source close to the situation told CFT that there have been discussions between Meyer and Stoops, although the source refused to confirm that an offer is on the table.

In a subsequent interview with the Daily Oklahoman, Stoops acknowledged that he has spoken to Meyer but did not confirm he’s been offered a job.

“I don’t comment on that stuff,” Stoops told the paper. “But I can confirm that I have visited with coach Meyer.”
    http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports...ordinator-job/

vCash
    Good stuff guys!! I'm so excited to see how everything pans out!!

vCash
    Time to go Gator hunting!!!!

vCash
    How funny is it that we're playing them?

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast