Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

The Official Michigan Wolverines Football Thread Continued

So that Bowl game sucked or at least what I've heard. Didn't even bother watching it.

Catches: 3 Yards: 38 TDs: 0

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    So that Bowl game sucked or at least what I've heard. Didn't even bother watching it.
    I watched because of Morris. He didn't look bad, we just couldn't punch it in. Very impressive arm strength though, almost looked like a left handed Stafford out there...

...hopefully that's a compliment

vCash
    So Michigan might finally have a QB to succeed Chad Henne? God saying that out loud makes me really sad.

vCash
    New thread.

First, we have a long way to go before the return to the Michigan football we all knew a decade ago. Second, recruiting is going be hard with Michigan State now turning into a national power.

IMO we brought this on our selves when we decided Carr couldn't win and our glorious AD decided to bring in Rich Rod and his idea that we can go undersized in the B1G and win. Not to blame Hoke, but the three years under Rich Rod close off our chances to recruit quality players on the OL and DL Hoke will now have his guys but witness growing pains with the youngsters.

Hoke can recruit as we have had two top ten ranked recruiting classes. Lets see now how this pans out as most of Rich Rod guys will be gone in 2014.

But Sparty is no longer a pushover winning 5 out of the last 6 over us. But three of those wins can be called not so big under rich Rod as everyone was beating us including Illinois and Purdue.

Go Blue! It is up to us to right the ship. Because a strong Michigan team is more better for the B1G with Penn State if this conference is going catch up with the SEC.

vCash
    Turn it off after K State scored their 3rd TD.

vCash

vCash

Excited to see who we bring in

vCash
    Well here's your answer!
    Alabama OC Doug Nussmeier has taken the same job with the Michigan Wolverines under Brady Hoke.
    Michigan fired Al borges today. Per Bruce Feldman of CBS Sports, Nussmeier will become a top-5 paid assistant in college football. Nussmeier was Michigan State's QB coach from 2003-2005, then moved on to the St. Louis Rams, Fresno State Bulldogs, and the Washington Huskies. He joined Nick Saban's staff in 2012. Expect to hear Lane Kiffin's name in connection to the Alabama opening. Yes, you read that correctly.

vCash
    Holy ****ing ****!

vCash

The Official Michigan Wolverines Football Thread Continued

Nice get.

vCash
    Michigan’s 2014 team is already taking a new shape, in January.

Three upperclassmen – running back Thomas Rawls, defensive lineman Richard Ash and safety Josh Furman – were granted their release from the team.

Rawls, who will graduate in May after 3 years, told the Free Press he will be a graduate transfer to Central Michigan and has received his release papers from U-M.

Though he spoke to a few staff members, he plans to meet with coach Brady Hoke next week.

“I made (the decision) because it was best for me,” he said. “I want to continue to chase my dream. I figure I’ve got a better opportunity leaving Michigan (to play.) It’s a win-win situation with me graduating from there. That’s what I went to college for, to get a degree.”

Rawls, whose decision was first reported by Bleacher Report, said he discussed the idea with U-M running backs coach Fred Jackson “a few months ago and he was very supportive.”

Rawls also played for Jackson’s son, Fred Jackson Jr. at Flint Northern in high school.

His career never panned out at U-M as he imagined, despite playing in 20 games.

Though he played in a reserve role as a freshman with 13 carries, he started becoming more involved in the offense as a sophomore in 2012 with 57 carries for 246 yards and four touchdowns.

This past season, he only played against Central Michigan in the opener, carrying three times.

With U-M’s then-freshman tailbacks De’Veon Smith and Derrick Green getting more attention, he was buried on the depth chart.

For the next few months, as he finishes his Michigan degree, he’ll train on his own to keep in shape as he’s no longer part of the U-M program.

He said he has spoken with officials at Central Michigan, but that will be something he deals with after he leaves U-M in the spring.

Ash and Furman would be redshirt seniors, so they could potentially play their fifth year somewhere else if they choose.

Last season Ash played five games, primarily as a reserve defensive tackle, and Furman played four games as a safety, making three starts.
    freep.com

vCash
    I could see Rawls beasting with CMU

vCash
    XYZ) - A report in the University of Michigan's student newspaper details a paper trail that has led to the permanent expulsion of former kicker Brendan Gibbons.
    Gibbons, whose eligibility expired at the end of this season, was reportedly arrested in November, 2009 for criminal sexual conduct after a female student at the University of Michigan accused Gibbons of raping her.
    No charges were filed at the time, but an investigation led by the University of Michigan's Office of Student Conflict Resolution ultimately determined that Gibbons "engaged in unwanted or unwelcome conduct of a sexual nature, committed without valid consent, and that conduct was so severe as to create a hostile, offensive, or abusive environment."
    According to the MIchigan Daily, Gibbons learned of his discipline on December 19, shortly after he sat out Michigan's regular season finale against Ohio State. Gibbons did not travel with the team to the Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl and head coach Brady Hoke told the media he was, "dealing with a family matter at home."

Michigan athletics spokesperson David Ablauf declined comment on the matter, citing privacy rules and regulations.
    In November, Gibbons was named Big Ten special teams player of the week after kicking a game-tying field goal in the waning seconds of regulation against Northwestern.
    He also kicked the game-winning field goal in Michigan's Sugar Bowl win over Virginia Tech in January, 2012.

Read more: http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/sports/repor...#ixzz2rktpvaKy
    I want to make a "he deserved to be expelled for his awful kicking" joke but given the severity of the crimes I'll pass. That said I'm glad this scum is gone and never to come back in any capacity.

vCash
    I want to make a "he deserved to be expelled for his awful kicking" joke but given the severity of the crimes I'll pass. That said I'm glad this scum is gone and never to come back in any capacity.
    Wow, so that's why he didn't make the trip. What a piece of work. Good riddance.

This is the same clown that was featured on ESPN for proclaiming his source for relaxing before a kick was "thinking of brunettes". **** off Brendan.

vCash
    Heard on the radio that Michigan's recruiting class is pretty meh. Anyone think Hoke gets the Axe this year if we suck again?

Rushing: 40 Carries,120 Yards, 1 TD
    Receiving: 7 Catch, 66 Yards, 0 TD
    Fumbles: 2....

2013 Lions forum rookie poster of the year!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast