Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Cook returning to MSU for 2015 season

I can't imagine this would be bad news for Michigan State fans, but like we've talked about for the other QBs, it all depends on whether or not they are projected as first-round guys.

Michigan State quarterback Connor Cook is barely halfway through his junior season but expects to return in 2015 for his final year.

Cook told reporters Thursday night that unless "things go really well," he will be back to lead the Spartans' offense as a senior. Cook, a native of Hinckley, Ohio, is 13-0 in Big Ten games as Michigan State's starter and last fall led the Spartans to a league championship and a Rose Bowl title.

"I've always talked about it with my parents and stuff, and you want to use up your eligibility," Cook said after Thursday's practice. "Michigan State's a great place, and I've had a lot of fun here and I had a lot of great relationships. You never want to kiss stuff goodbye.

"I looked at it the same way as graduating high school early to come to school. You only have one prom, you only go to high school once, you only go to college once is how I look at it."

The 6-foot-4, 218-pound Cook has completed 120 of 198 passes for 1,868 yards with 17 touchdowns and six interceptions this season. He has six 200-yard passing performances and 14 for his career, and last week he became the seventh Michigan State quarterback to record 40 career touchdown strikes.

ESPN NFL Draft Insider Mel Kiper Jr. had ranked Cook as the fifth-best quarterback in his latest positional rankings.

Cook left the door open to a possible departure if he's projected as a high first-round draft pick but added, "I don't think that's gonna happen."

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...-senior-season

vCash
    IF he gets the first round status he needs to go. Do not pass on that money for another year where you can and probably will kill your chances at that money. Being a Wolverines fan I hate to see him come back but if he doesn't get the info he needs it makes sense for him to stay.

Catches: 19 Yards: 171 TDs: 1

vCash
    Cook made his return official, he will be back at MSU for the 2015 season. He's still not a certain first rounder, and with another season under his belt, he likely ascends to that spot next year.

Michigan State quarterback Connor Cook will reportedly return to the Spartans in 2015, instead of taking an early departure to the NFL in the spring.

A junior, Cook is wrapping up his second season as Michigan State’s starting quarterback. Some draft analysts feel Cook would have a chance to be drafted in the first round, but it seems he would have been more likely to go in the second or even the third round.

Cook passed for 2,900 yards and 22 touchdowns this season, with six interceptions. A season after leading Michigan State to a Big Ten championship and victory in the Rose Bowl, Cook now hopes to take the Spartans to the next step after seeing Ohio State bypass his Spartans in the Big Ten in 2014. Michigan State looked to be an early College Football Playoff contender in 2014, but an early loss to Oregon and a later loss to Ohio State took the defending Big Ten champs out of the playoff picture.

It did not, however, take Michigan State out of the College Football Playoff bowl line-up. The Spartans are preparing to take on co-Big 12 champion Baylor in the Cotton Bowl this bowl season. Michigan State has never won major bowl games in back-to-back seasons, but Cook could make some history with a good performance against Baylor in the Cotton Bowl.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports...eturn-in-2015/