Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

New Phoenix Suns Fans Check-In Thread

"This is made so that we could all get to know each other all of the Suns fans by introducing yourselves and all of you new people feel free to check in here and even make this your first post if you desire to."

Here is the link for new visitors to start the FREE registration process: http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/register.php

1. Location -
    2. Favorite Current Sun -
    3. Favorite Former Sun -
    4. How long have you been a Suns fan for? -
    5. How did you become a Suns fan? -
    6. Other sports you enjoy? What other sporting teams do you root for? -
    7. What's the story behind your User Name? -
    8. If there is anything else you would like to add, feel free to do so. -

--------------------

I've rebooted the 'check-in' due to the last one being 5 years old and many of the posters no longer being here. The link to the old one is below.
    I ask that the veterans here please re-do this one more time when you have some time.

OLD FAN CHECK-IN THREAD:

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums...ad.php?t=54824

vCash
    1. Location - Charlotte, NC

2. Favorite Current Sun - Steve Nash

3. Favorite Former Sun - Dan Majerle

4. How long have you been a Suns fan for? - Since 1994

5. How did you become a Suns fan? - Loved seeing Barkley, KJ, and Thunder Dan. I just so happen saw them more on TV despite living in NY during the Ewing era for the Knicks.

6. Other sports you enjoy? What other sporting teams do you root for? - The big 4 sports. I'm a Suns, Saints, Penguins, and Yankees fan. I was lucky enough to have 3 of these 4 teams win their championships in 2009. The Suns came within 2 wins of the NBA finals too.

7. What's the story behind your User Name?- I am a fan of the band 'Faith No More' and became attached to one of their songs called, "King for a Day, Fool for a Lifetime".

8. If there is anything else you would like to add, feel free to do so.- Before becoming a Suns mod, I attempted to change my tag to "DarkPhoenixSaga" but was not allowed to as it will confuse posters who see 10,000 posts for a user they've never seen before.
    Last edited by king4day; 11-27-2011 at 10:00 PM.

vCash
    Locations - Phoenix, AZ

Favorite Current Sun - Nash

Favorite Former sun - Lou Amundson

How long a fan - Since 2004(Dont judge me i grew up in mexico and didnt learn about american sports until 2003/2004). The part of mexico i grew up in is right on the border with arizona so i grew up in mexico/u.s.(san luis & yuma). And no i didnt become a band wagon fan I was just lucky to start watching the suns when nash signed.

How did you become a fan - I just started watching the suns since 2004 not knowing anything about the team and instantly got hooked into the style of play the team played and have been watching ever since.

Other Sports & Teams - Soccer(Arsenal, Chivas, LA Galaxy, Real Madrid), Football(AZ Cardinals, NE Patriots) Basketball(OKC Thunder, CHI Bulls)

Story Behind Name - my email has been mdm692@hotmail.com for as long as i can remember so i make most of my user names this cause its easy to remember.

Anything Else - Last season i only missed 3 games from the full season due to mandatory work days. Since we have a shortened season i am aiming to watch all.
    Last edited by mdm692; 11-28-2011 at 03:07 AM.

vCash
    1. Location – Phoenix, AZ

2. Favorite Current Sun – Grant Hill

3. Favorite Former Sun – Charles Barkley

4. How long have you been a Suns fan for? – Since birth, but the first time I actually remember the feeling of being a fan was when I went to my first Suns game in ‘89

5. How did you become a Suns fan? – I didn’t have a choice really, my mom dressed me in Phoenix Suns onesies as a baby

6. Other sports you enjoy? What other sporting teams do you root for? – I enjoy Football, Baseball, and Hockey. My favorite professional football team is the Arizona Cardinals and my college team is Arizona State. My favorite professional baseball team is the Arizona Diamondbacks, and my college team is Arizona State. My favorite hockey team is the Phoenix Coyotes, with the Los Angeles Kings as a close second.

I'm also a huge Arizona State basketball fan, and also root for the Los Angeles Clippers (way before Blake Griffin) and the Boston Celtics (back when the original big three - Bird, McHale, and Parrish -were still around). I'm also a St. Louis Cardinals fan (not bandwagon either) and root for the Baltimore Ravens and Oakland Raiders.

7. What's the story behind your User Name? – It’s my initials and a nickname
    Last edited by TU Times; 11-30-2011 at 08:05 PM.

vCash
    I just realised I never did one of these....

1. Location - England

2. Favorite Current Sun - Nash

3. Favorite Former Sun - Shawn Marion

4. How long have you been a Suns fan for? - 8-9 years i guess

5. How did you become a Suns fan? - I really don't know exactly why. I was drawn to the roster at the time i guess. I have no conection to phx but they just ended up being the team i liked to watch and check-up on.

6. Other sports you enjoy? What other sporting teams do you root for? - NFL (Cardinals of course) and track and field events. I do like UFC but i only watch it when it's on and i'm not asleep. That's the worst thing about following American sports: the time difference. It's even worse that i support west coast teams. Makes watching Suns games a once/twice a week thing

7. What's the story behind your User Name? - was my nickname at college.

8. If there is anything else you would like to add, feel free to do so. - I have to say i'm a huge shoe fan. Friends of mine spend all their money going out on a saturday night but i'd rather stay in a couple of weeks and use that money saved to buy some Nike SBs. It's a sad life being a sneaker junkie but i wouldnt change it.

vCash
    ENGLAND?? Really??

vCash
    1. Location - Melbourne, Australia.

2. Favorite Current Sun - Jared Dudley.

3. Favorite Former Sun - KJ.

4. How long have you been a Suns fan for? - Since 1989.

5. How did you become a Suns fan? - Watching KJ and Tom Chambers.

6. Other sports you enjoy? What other sporting teams do you root for? - Football (Soccer), Australian Rules Football, Golf, Snowboarding, Formula 1. Teams I support include Real Madrid and Essendon Bombers (AFL).

7. What's the story behind your User Name? - My nickname.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mdm692 View Post
    ENGLAND?? Really??
    100% pure british

vCash
    1. Location - Phx, AZ
    2. Favorite Current Sun -Jared Dudley
    3. Favorite Former Sun -Joe Johnson
    4. How long have you been a Suns fan for? - Since 2002
    5. How did you become a Suns fan? -My fam made me love them
    6. Other sports you enjoy? What other sporting teams do you root for? - Bulls and Grizzlies. I love UFC and Soccer as well.
    7. What's the story behind your User Name? - My breakdancing name is Kid Fresh but in Spanish it's Fresco.

vCash
    Welcome to the new posters! This forum usually gets pretty active once free agency starts and of course during the season.

vCash
    1. Location -Scottsdale
    2. Favorite Current Sun - Jared Dudley, does the most with the least
    3. Favorite Former Sun - Pat Burke and Connie Hawkins, Burke cuz of his wet jumper, The Hawk for taking me under his wing. Great man.
    4. How long have you been a Suns fan for? - Since MJ retired from the bulls.
    5. How did you become a Suns fan? - Hometown team
    6. Other sports you enjoy? What other sporting teams do you root for? -Chicago Cubs are my other team. I support the coyotes and the cards too cuz they are hometown, but my sports are basketball and baseball
    7. What's the story behind your User Name? - My beautiful baby girl Jordyn
    8. If there is anything else you would like to add, feel free to do so. - I love the Suns and understand that we have an ugly road ahead of us, but your team isn't something you just pick up when they are good. You stay with em, thru and thru.....

vCash
    1. Location - Ontario, Canada

2. Favorite Current Sun - Steve Nash

3. Favorite Former Sun - Shawn Marian

4. How long have you been a Suns fan for? - Not the longest time. Been rooting for them for a few years now, and finally made them my team early last season.

5. How did you become a Suns fan? - Loved their style, and was really a big fan of Nash.

6. Other sports you enjoy? What other sporting teams do you root for? - Hockey, and MMA. Root for the Red Wings, Blue Jays, and numerous MMA fighters.

7. What's the story behind your User Name? - Brandon Red Wings

8. If there is anything else you would like to add, feel free to do so. - Really want Paul Milsap.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntey View Post
    100% pure british
    cool u follow any soccer teams?? Im a die hard arsenal fan.

vCash
    1. Location Canada

2. Favorite Current Sun Steve Nash

3. Favorite Former Sun Raja Bell

4. How long have you been a Suns fan for? 2005

5. How did you become a Suns fan? Steve Nash's MVP, decided to watch, I'm a very undersized guard and loved AI's game but my eyes widened when I saw how Steve's game made EVERYONE around him ten folds better

6. Other sports you enjoy? What other sporting teams do you root for? Saskatchewan Roughriders, they're a football team lol, super lame league, but we're die hard fans

7. What's the story behind your User Name? inspired from the NBA Live 05 i think? pretty sure there was a "superstar ability" or something called playmaker and it was assigned to Steve Nash, used it ever since, 41 is my basketball jersey number, had it since grade 8, super random, always kept it tho

8. If there is anything else you would like to add, feel free to do so. Resign Hill, Amnesty Clause Warrick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mdm692 View Post
    cool u follow any soccer teams?? Im a die hard arsenal fan.
    To be honest I dont really. I'm more of a rugby guy. I do like football (soccer) and I always watch the England games but not much else.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast