Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who here...

vCash
    I just started last summer. I never played Tennis before (other than in gym class in highschool). I absoutely loved it! I now have the "Tennis bug"!!!

I will again play this summer hoping to get out 3 to 4 times a week!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadian hemi View Post
    I just started last summer. I never played Tennis before (other than in gym class in highschool). I absoutely loved it! I now have the "Tennis bug"!!!

I will again play this summer hoping to get out 3 to 4 times a week!!!
    Same thing for me. My g/f plays volleyball and i play golf and hockey, but she wanted a sport we could do together. We started playing 3-4 times a week and now we are completely hooked and ready for spring/summer.

vCash
    I have been playing all my life, used to go to tennis camp with some friends. I'm pretty good, not as good as my ability to play baseball though...
    Quote Originally Posted by CubbieSteve View Post
    Squibble Squabble

vCash
    I could never get the hang of making a strong serve.

vCash
    I can't remember the last time I stepped onto a tennis court surface to be honest with you. How many times does it take to get the hang of the sport?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tammywilson52 View Post
    I can't remember the last time I stepped onto a tennis court surface to be honest with you. How many times does it take to get the hang of the sport?
    for me and my friends it took one whole summer. We didnt take any lessons and learned on our own. It wasnt till the end of the summer we had decent rallies. we used to play 2-3 times a week.

vCash
    Yeah I used to play with my friends at college. But it has been long since I played. Missing those days!

vCash
    Started playing with I was 7 and pretty much spent my childhood in indoors. Always loved contact sports more, particularly hockey and football, but I was always better at tennis. Played through high school and had intentions on playing in college, but I couldn't make it work with my major.

vCash
    played and took classes as a kid, until i was like 12 or something.

Sucked hard, so i focused on basketball wich i played so much better.
    + my mother was tired of it too.
    Stupid clay just does not go away from your clothes.

vCash
    Played when I was 8 til I was 13 and then gave up.
    Played for a club and entered tournaments.

Started playing again about a year ago and still have a pretty nice forehand. Joining the club I used to play for pretty soon.

vCash
    Played til I was 17, with lessons and all that stuff, helped my HS get to state finals as a junior but lost in the first round against a lefty because for some reason I just can't beat lefties

I played strange though, didn't have a power serve at all, it was mostly spin, yet I hit my ground strokes flat, without any topspin. Even with lessons I had terrible form, my whole game was about outlasting my opponent, endless stamina. Oh how things have changed lol

vCash
    I hit my ground strokes flat as well. On my groundstrokes, I have a habit of hitting it somewhat open stance since the ball often is too high for me. But I don't have the upper body strength to hit it very strong. It's kinda like how Nadal hits his balls with that follow through of his.

vCash
    Add me to the group of flat ground strokes. Unintentionally patterned my entire game after Agassi. He was my tennis hero growing up and out of habit of watching him play I would mimic his style.

I was having fits with my forehand at a young age, around 11, so the club pro brought in his friend who coached at a university to take a look. He told me I was naturally trying to hit an open stance, but was fighting it because of everything I had previously been taught. Told me to just go with it and within five minutes I was cranking forehands again.

Always wished I had been taller. I'm an even 5'10", so my serve was never a weapon. As much as I enjoy hitting tennis balls, my heart was never in it. I fell in love with football and hockey. Really wished I had abandoned tennis around 9 or 10 years old and gotten in junior football and established a name in my town as a football player rather than a tennis player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tammywilson52 View Post
    just felt like answering this. I played all through high school, and a couple years in college.

for me, after a long layoff, 3-5 months, when i come back, everything is great. I;m guessing because of muscle memory. Then after a couple weeks of playing, i start tinkering with everything, grips, footwork, etc. and it all goes downhill from there.

same thing happens to me in baseball with my batting too... ha

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Batman™ View Post
    Add me to the group of flat ground strokes. Unintentionally patterned my entire game after Agassi. He was my tennis hero growing up and out of habit of watching him play I would mimic his style.

I was having fits with my forehand at a young age, around 11, so the club pro brought in his friend who coached at a university to take a look. He told me I was naturally trying to hit an open stance, but was fighting it because of everything I had previously been taught. Told me to just go with it and within five minutes I was cranking forehands again.

Always wished I had been taller. I'm an even 5'10", so my serve was never a weapon. As much as I enjoy hitting tennis balls, my heart was never in it. I fell in love with football and hockey. Really wished I had abandoned tennis around 9 or 10 years old and gotten in junior football and established a name in my town as a football player rather than a tennis player.
    just the opposite for me. I grew up with basketball then got hurt, and didn't want to play contact sports (i know basketball is no football, but still). Then I found tennis and fell in love with that

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast