Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 41

Thread: Who here...

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    25,953
    vCash
    1500

    Who here...

    Plays or has played tennis before? Regularly though not just once or twice

    Our QB > Yours

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    #TeamSachs
    Posts
    23,930
    vCash
    1500
    Me. Recently I've been playing only sparingly, although I'm looking to become more active again.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    8,210
    vCash
    1000
    i ve just started playing the last two summers. On average maybe 3 times a week.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    #TeamSachs
    Posts
    23,930
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    i ve just started playing the last two summers. On average maybe 3 times a week.
    What's your style? Do you like hitting through your opponent or do you prefer pusher tennis a la Murray or Ferrer?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    8,210
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers4sho View Post
    What's your style? Do you like hitting through your opponent or do you prefer pusher tennis a la Murray or Ferrer?
    I am pusher. My friends call me Murray because i play like him. I am focusing on hitting flatter and playing the angles more.

    I am still not that great but i can keep rallies now. I ve rallied with a 10 year old kid, who one of the best in Toronto, and i was able to hold my own.

    The thing since i didnt learn tennis at a young age and i am learning from a coach, my form is not great.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers4sho View Post
    What's your style? Do you like hitting through your opponent or do you prefer pusher tennis a la Murray or Ferrer?
    Hi . I have started to play 2-3 month ago and I mostly like "pusher tennis" like you say .
    Last edited by John Devise; 07-23-2013 at 11:00 AM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    8,210
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by John Devise View Post
    Hi . I have started to play 2-3 month ago and I mostly like "pusher tennis" like you say .
    i play pusher tennis because i struggle with hitting angles so its hard to hit winners. I play better against players with pace rather than players with variety.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    8,210
    vCash
    1000
    when i started i tried to play with top spin but unless you can hit it properly its useless. If you dont do it properly it just sits up. So i switched to flatter shots.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    #TeamSachs
    Posts
    23,930
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    I am pusher. My friends call me Murray because i play like him. I am focusing on hitting flatter and playing the angles more.

    I am still not that great but i can keep rallies now. I ve rallied with a 10 year old kid, who one of the best in Toronto, and i was able to hold my own.

    The thing since i didnt learn tennis at a young age and i am learning from a coach, my form is not great.
    That's cool. I've started playing freshman of high school year, which is like 4 years ago. Didn't really get serious into it until recently though.

    Right now I'm working on my footwork because I find that everything becomes easier if you move well.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    when i started i tried to play with top spin but unless you can hit it properly its useless. If you dont do it properly it just sits up. So i switched to flatter shots.
    I've been trying to hit with spin lately, and yes I agree with you haha. Although I'm getting better at it, most of the time I end up hitting it too high and too weak. Really inconsistent. Although whenever I hit it just right it plays really well to my strengths.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    8,210
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers4sho View Post
    That's cool. I've started playing freshman of high school year, which is like 4 years ago. Didn't really get serious into it until recently though.

    Right now I'm working on my footwork because I find that everything becomes easier if you move well.



    I've been trying to hit with spin lately, and yes I agree with you haha. Although I'm getting better at it, most of the time I end up hitting it too high and too weak. Really inconsistent. Although whenever I hit it just right it plays really well to my strengths.
    what kind playing style do you have? what courts do you play on? I play on a slow hard court.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    #TeamSachs
    Posts
    23,930
    vCash
    1500
    I only have access to slow/medium speed hards. I play pusher style tennis too. I enjoy it because it makes most of my opponents frustrated by "very dull" tennis. At times I enjoy coming to the net and hitting volleys as well, when the other guy doesn't expect it.

    I'm working on my serve though. I'm reaaallly terrible at serving.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    25,953
    vCash
    1500
    I played in HS for 4 years..I was terrible at first but now im actually kind good
    I usually just switch hands instead of using a backhand...sounds crazy but it works for me haha

    Our QB > Yours

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    #TeamSachs
    Posts
    23,930
    vCash
    1500
    Did you guys know that Nadal is actually right handed but Uncle Toni taught him to play with his left so that it won't be a weakness?

    Still he uses a two handed backhand, which is surprising to me.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    8,210
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers4sho View Post
    Did you guys know that Nadal is actually right handed but Uncle Toni taught him to play with his left so that it won't be a weakness?

    Still he uses a two handed backhand, which is surprising to me.
    I dont think ambidextrous players have an advantage playing with a one handed backhand. I think the two hander suits nadals game more.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    25,953
    vCash
    1500
    2 forehands = the way to go

    Our QB > Yours

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •