Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 122 1231151101 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 1830
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    25,614
    vCash
    2500

    The Mike Brown Killing: Part II


    2010, 2012, and 2014 World Series Champions

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    40,461
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by anarcho_punk17 View Post
    What's their "gramma" have to do with anything? Or you need some way to insult them?
    It's not a way to insult them.

    It's a simple thing. Have good grammar.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    40,461
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by anarcho_punk17 View Post
    And Im sick of hearing the whole white people won't when someone is killed by the police or the opposite race crap. White people have rioted in this country for much less. They've rioted because the Red Sox won the series, which got a girl killed, they were involved in the LA riots after the Lakers won and even going back to the beginning of this country they rioted over taxes on whiskey(see the whiskey riots in the 1790s.) They also rioted in SF after Harvey Milks killer got a mere 7 years(the White Knight riots) and they rioted in Chicago and bombed the police during the Haymarket riots, which by the way, one of the incidents leading to the Haymarket riots were police killing labor protestors.

    You may be sick of hearing about it, but it's true.

    http://downtrend.com/71superb/unarme...keeps-golfing/

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY Where else
    Posts
    6,547
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    You may be sick of hearing about it, but it's true.

    http://downtrend.com/71superb/unarme...keeps-golfing/
    No riots but there have been protests.

    Besides video was released a few weeks ago involving black officers attacking a Hispanic male ppl in NY expressed their anger.
    Friend: I think the NBA payed off the Heat in the first yr because of the politics. They threw game four and they payed Lebron because they were angry with what he did. So he had pay one way or another.

    F:There is no one in the draft coming out and trading players isn't going to happen. The Lakers are in trouble.

    F: Vogel doesn't run that team. Shaw does. If he leaves they are going to suck and Vogel will get fired.

    -Heat fan


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    40,461
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCityofDreams View Post
    No riots but there have been protests.

    Besides video was released a few weeks ago involving black officers attacking a Hispanic male ppl in NY expressed their anger.
    Key word being expressed is riots.

    Nobody else is rioting.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    15,558
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    You may be sick of hearing about it, but it's true.

    http://downtrend.com/71superb/unarme...keeps-golfing/
    But those are still generalizations. White conservatives have rioted plenty throughout history, and continue to. Just because it isn't as prevalent doesn't mean it doesn't happen. Stop generalizing everything.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    40,461
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    But those are still generalizations. White conservatives have rioted plenty throughout history, and continue to. Just because it isn't as prevalent doesn't mean it doesn't happen. Stop generalizing everything.
    Did you not see the comment I quoted?

    How can you say in generalizing when I'm simply responding to someone's else comment, which was the generalization.

    All I said was 'you may be tired of hearing about it, but it's true'

    Where is my generalization in there?

    The generalization was made by anarcho, I simply proved his example isn't correct.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    22,685
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    You may be sick of hearing about it, but it's true.

    http://downtrend.com/71superb/unarme...keeps-golfing/
    nice link. is that where you get your news?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    22,685
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    But those are still generalizations. White conservatives have rioted plenty throughout history, and continue to. Just because it isn't as prevalent doesn't mean it doesn't happen. Stop generalizing everything.
    without a doubt.

    http://www.umass.edu/complit/aclanet/USLynch.html

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Categor..._United_States

    add: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._United_States
    Last edited by asandhu23; 08-26-2014 at 12:55 AM.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    40,461
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by asandhu23 View Post
    nice link. is that where you get your news?
    Just google Dillon Taylor and pick a link.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    22,685
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Just google Dillon Taylor and pick a link.
    oh noes. that guy didn't get Natalee Holloway media treatment.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    9,881
    vCash
    1500
    Maybe been covered already, but really I think these riots are about much more than a person being shot by the cops. This incident is just a catalyst of a fire that has been burning for centuries. We have a group of people who have been systematically marginalized and repressed, and they are sick of it. They are fed up with it, they are tired of it, and they are voicing that feeling. I don't think many american PEOPLE are racist, but there is no doubt about it that our system is a racist system. Our country's very core is ROOTED in racism, and tho we have taken many steps, we are FAR from any type of equal playing field.

    What's happening on the streets over there is just WAY deeper than someone getting shot. Yea, maybe the media has an agenda, maybe people have their personal agendas to make noise about it, but none of that changes the fact that there are GLARING differences in the statistics between particular races in this country. That includes quality of life, quality of education, economic opportunity, crime and violence, etc etc. Our system is feeding off of particular communities much much heavier than others, and it is completely ruining lives and pushing people to the edge.

    Personally, I would love for their voice to finally be heard, if unrest and unruliness is the only way to get that point across, well maybe its for the best. I guess we'll see


    **I think the fact that we as a nation seem to be divided over this whole story is stupid. We should always be for the people, always, and if the people are getting ****ed over, then we need to be for them. Because its only gonna be so long before they're not the only ones getting ****ed over, and you can see it slowly right now even. Before our system used to almost exclusively feed off of one demographic, but we can slowly see it feeding off of middle class america too (albeit, in different ways), and the more they can somehow make us feel like we need to fight the other half of the country, we just all gonna be swallowed up before we even know it.
    Last edited by nastynice; 08-26-2014 at 02:32 AM.
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    7,000
    vCash
    2708
    http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/vi...audio.cnn.html
    Claims Officer Wilson shot at least 11 times at Mike Brown.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    7,000
    vCash
    2708
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Maybe been covered already
    I don't think we have a racist judicial system. At least not targeting once specific race.
    I think police target poor people because poor people cause the most crime. Mike Brown is not as likely going to steal cigars with money in his pocket.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North Shore
    Posts
    4,561
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by asandhu23 View Post
    nice link. is that where you get your news?
    And you cite Wikipedia?

Page 1 of 122 1231151101 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •