Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

"Only work out a little", says science

Last edited by ewing; 02-03-2015 at 03:45 PM. Reason: BETTER ARTICLE

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

vCash
    I work out 1 hour 5 days a week. If time aloud I would increase that by 30 minutes.

I couldn't imagine working out less.

BTW I didn't read the article

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper 88 View Post
    I work out 1 hour 5 days a week. If time aloud I would increase that by 30 minutes.

I couldn't imagine working out less.

BTW I didn't read the article
    You are diesel so it is OK.

Its more about running but in the study "Those who ran at a fast pace more than four hours a week for more than three days a week had about the same risk of dying during the study’s 12-year follow up as those who were sedentary and hardly exercised at all" those you ran moderately did the best. I do hard cardio for an hour a day right now. I lift for about an hour and half on average 5 days a week, and i do yoga if you count that. I am still too embarrassed to join you in the PR thread
    Last edited by ewing; 02-03-2015 at 04:21 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    You are diesel so it is OK.

Its more about running but in the study "Those who ran at a fast pace more than four hours a week for more than three days a week had about the same risk of dying during the study’s 12-year follow up as those who were sedentary and hardly exercised at all" those you ran moderately did the best. I do hard cardio for an hour a day right now. I lift for about an hour and half on average 5 days a week, and i do yoga if you count that. I am still too embarrassed to join you in the PR thread
    Yeah that's right you're a runner.. Maybe scale it back a little? But tbh take these studies with a grain of salt and do what your body tells you.

We have to start out somewhere.. I was a weak little guy before I started

vCash
    when judging longevity genetics also play huge in the equation. you always hear stories such as " my grand pa smoked 3 packs a day and lived to be 103." so in general i think being healthy as well as lucky has more to do with things than the style of exercise you do.

vCash
    Man I used to run 5 to 6 days a week. I got super bad shin splints that KO'd me for like 6 weeks. I still lift, but now I only run 3 days a week.

vCash
    How do you get shin splints & how do you get rid of them?

Years ago I use to run 5 days a week and after about 3 weeks my shins hurt so bad I could barely walk

vCash

Years ago I use to run 5 days a week and after about 3 weeks my shins hurt so bad I could barely walk
    well, you get them from the impact of running outside. As far as I know you can only get rid of them by waiting. You can prevent them by having good running shoes (most important thing) and inserts if you have flat feet. I think strong calves help too. Also much better to run on a track over blacktop etc. eventually, i think your body builds a tolerance for the impact and you don't get them- shoes are definitely the most important thing though. they actually have stores that analysis how you run to suggest what type of running shoe you should use.
    Last edited by ewing; 02-03-2015 at 05:40 PM.

vCash

I don't want you to think I'm am expert on shin splints or anything because I'm not lol. As far as I know, I got them from running to much on an indoor track. I also had really cheap running shoes with no padding at the time. When I got them, it would feel better in like a week but then I would go and run again and it would hurt worse than ever. Finally, one of my family's friends whose a doctor said that I needed to not run at all for awhile to make sure it heals. So as far as I know only time heels it...much like a sprain.

That pain though.... just walking up the stairs killed me.

vCash
    To me this makes intuitive sense. I've always thought those who run marathons are pushing themselves to hard. There's a reason that people die after running them. That said, I'm certainly on the side that needs to work out more, not less.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I don't run, but I hit the gym and been doing 7days a week lately and I think its GREAT!! Before (working out like 5days a week), whenever I'd eat pizza or burger, I could really feel it, n my abs would lose all cuts. But now, at 7days a week, my body is in straight machine mode, I eat whatever n my body just process the **** out of it, and keep chugging, abs stay lookin cut too. Not that I have a 6 pack or anything, but just sayin, u know

So I don't know, guess this is cardio specific, but I'd def disagree with lifting 7/wk being bad
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

vCash
    The article talks about how people who run 4 times or more a week have the same death expectancy of someone who does little to no cardio, but the article fails to bring anything up about the quality of life those individuals may have. Without doing any scientific research, I am comfortable in making a claim that the overall quality of life of someone who runs more than 4 times a week is better than people who do little to no cardio.

vCash
    I've been told this from so many people that the running and excess of heavy weights will come back on you.... My boss is almost 60 and he ran every morning before work for like 30 years. His knees are shot.

vCash
    What if you jack off too much?

vCash
    blind
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast