Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Posters 25 and up what is your living situation? With family? Roomates? Independant?

If you are 25 or over what is your living situation? Home with parents? Roommates? Independently on your own?

I was curious because I read that almost 25% of people age 25-34 are now living at home with family.

I understand financial reasons among other reasons but that number seemed surprisingly high compared to past decades.

vCash
    I'm 25. Still at home. Decided to go back to school this past spring. Also work full time.
    7 Rec, 69 YD, 1TD

vCash
    I'm 31 and still live at home. People can laugh at it if they want but when I get paid my money's my money.
    Favourite Teams:

Boston Red Sox: 63-80, games this week vs. Orioles (3), Royals (4)
    Indianapolis Colts: 0-1, Week 2 vs. Eagles
    Minnesota Timberwolves: New team, hoping for good things this season.
    Ottawa Senators: 37-31-14, season over, free agency begins this week.

vCash
    25 here. Still living at home with family. I'm currently saving up though so I can move out by myself.

vCash
    I am 38. Owned a home for 13 years after college, now live in an apartment in downtown Minneapolis.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by todu82 View Post
    I'm 31 and still live at home. People can laugh at it if they want but when I get paid my money's my money.
    Everyone's situation and reasons are different so there is no need for laughter or judgment.

Actually since that article said almost 25% of people age 25-34 now live at home there are millions of others that do as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SLY WILLIAMS View Post
    Everyone's situation and reasons are different so there is no need for laughter or judgment.

Actually since that article said almost 25% of people age 25-34 now live at home there are millions of others that do as well.
    Do you have a link to that article? Seems like a interesting read!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gene2420 View Post
    Do you have a link to that article? Seems like a interesting read!
    This is not the one I read this morning. I do not remember where I read that one but this one seems pretty similar.

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-f...717-story.html

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SLY WILLIAMS View Post
    This is not the one I read this morning. I do not remember where I read that one but this one seems pretty similar.

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-f...717-story.html
    Thanks Sly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gene2420 View Post
    Thanks Sly.
    No problem. Good luck with your future new place.

vCash
    Lived with my mom until I joined the marines @23. Now close to fifty, wife and five kids all live in one home. Sister in law, brother in law and their four children live in another home on the same property. Mother in law comes and stays with us on occasion as well as my wife and sister in law and children spend quite a bit of time staying with her as well from time to time.

My wife, sister in law and mother in law are all attached at the hip.
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government, owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people. To destroy this invisible government, to dissolve the unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics is the first task of the statesmanship of the day.-Theodore Roosevelt

There's no country on Earth that would tolerate missiles raining down on its citizens from outside its borders.
    -Barack "drone" Obama, 11/18/2012

vCash
    I'm almost 25. Haven't lived at home really since HS/the first two summers of college. Lived with 3 other people the first 4 years I lived off campus (starting my Jr year). Starting my second year of living alone now. I totally wouldn't have been opposed to living at home if I lived where my family lives...saves a lot of money/helps pay off student loans. It's the smartest thing to do if it's an option.

Not sure I'm quite ready to buy a home. I don't make a ton of money right now, still am on the fence about grad school again, and have no idea where I want to settle. But I feel no need to rush.

vCash
    Once I turned eighteen, I moved the **** out!

I'd rather live in a shelter than go back to my old room!

vCash
    42. Live w/ my wife. But lived w/ roommates until I was about 30, then me and my wife (then GF) moved in together.

There are a million ways to live, none of which are necessarily right or wrong. It's just a matter of: Is it working for you? And will it keep working going forward?
    I blog basketball at Roundball Mining Company///Twitter: @denbutsu

Atheists Of PSD

vCash
    25, have my own house that I own myself

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast