Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Minor league baseball team cancels "Caucasian Heritage Night’

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

vCash
    1. It's sad that whites can't be outwardly preps of their roots.

2. It's pathetic that they were using the night to make jokes about wore people.

3. Whoever is in charge of that teams promotions should probably be fired.

vCash
    It DOES kinda suck for white folks tho, hella gotta tip toe around if u want to have outward pride for ur race. I'm very pro self and community pride, but whitr people can never properly have it without getting scrutinized. Y'all ****ed up so hard tho, these consequences ain't going nowhere for at least another 3 generations, haha!!!

vCash
    Zanaboni resigned under protest when the higher ups with the Owlz wanted to continue on with the idiotic promotion.

vCash
    Seems like a dumb promotion.

2010, 2012, and 2014 World Series Champions

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice:30075373
    It DOES kinda suck for white folks tho, hella gotta tip toe around if u want to have outward pride for ur race. I'm very pro self and community pride, but whitr people can never properly have it without getting scrutinized. Y'all ****ed up so hard tho, these consequences ain't going nowhere for at least another 3 generations, haha!!!
    Because the actions of previous generations should be held against people...

Current/past atrocities in Africa aren't held against black people. It's really backwards thinking.

Big shock this didn't go over well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IBleedPurple View Post

Current/past atrocities in Africa aren't held against black people. It's really backwards thinking.

Never mind the overwhelming majority of the ancestors of the white people around had nothing to do with American slavery and weren't even close to being on this continent. But we're allowed to be all grouped into that.

Would be it pretty bad if we did the same in reverse in regards to other situations, though that goes on plenty I suppose as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm;30076427[B
    ]Never mind the overwhelming majority of the ancestors of the white people around had nothing to do with American slavery and weren't even close to being on this continent. But we're allowed to be all grouped into that.[/B]

Would be it pretty bad if we did the same in reverse in regards to other situations, though that goes on plenty I suppose as well.
    ****in right.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm:30076427
    Never mind the overwhelming majority of the ancestors of the white people around had nothing to do with American slavery and weren't even close to being on this continent. But we're allowed to be all grouped into that.

Exactly. My ancestors emigrated in the early 1900's from Germany and Norway. They had nothing to do with any of the disgusting actions of some white people, and settled in North Dakota and never employed anything close to a slave as far as I or my family knows. Yet I have several times been accused of being the real meaning of a cracker, while having no connection to that whatsoever. Not saying life is tougher for me or getting in that whole argument, but social reparations should be over and done.

vCash

Hey, I'm not saying it's right or wrong, I'm just saying that's how it is. After 9/11 were ur phones tapped? Mine and most my Muslim friends were, its not right to group me either but it's just how it is.

And if u think past atrocities in Africa arent held against the people, then my guess is u've never been to Africa

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice:30078054

Hey, I'm not saying it's right or wrong, I'm just saying that's how it is. After 9/11 were ur phones tapped? Mine and most my Muslim friends were, its not right to group me either but it's just how it is.

And if u think past atrocities in Africa arent held against the people, then my guess is u've never been to Africa
    Going to Africa has what to do with US society and it relating to this baseball game? I meant as far as social reparations, as if something is owed.

Otherwise, I agree that preconcieved notions are terrible, but have you been to Africa, and experienced the same thing here?

With your previous comment about how "ya'll ****ed up so bad it's gonna continue for 3 generations", I could easily say the same thing towards Muslims after 9/11, but I'm not that ignorant. So don't complain about generalizations while making one.

And a little hint, you'd have no idea if your phone was tapped...this isn't 1947.
    Last edited by IBleedPurple; 06-23-2015 at 03:25 AM.

vCash
    They deserve it.

vCash
    Going to Africa has what to do with US society and it relating to this baseball game? I meant as far as social reparations, as if something is owed.

Otherwise, I agree that preconcieved notions are terrible, but have you been to Africa, and experienced the same thing here?

With your previous comment about how "ya'll ****ed up so bad it's gonna continue for 3 generations", I could easily say the same thing towards Muslims after 9/11, but I'm not that ignorant. So don't complain about generalizations while making one.

And a little hint, you'd have no idea if your phone was tapped...this isn't 1947.
    You taking my u ****ed up so bad comment too serious, notice the haha after it. Also notice how right before it I was saying it's messed up white people have to deal with that kinda stuff.

lol, I say I know my **** was tapped, microphonics than a mutha, if u want to think I'm wrong then go ahead

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post

I imagine the bold is what some could have said about slavery back in that time period. that's just how it is. as if that means you just have to accept it. but we know that people didn't just accept it.

vCash

Current systemic racism that leads to results like black teens being shot 21 times more often than white ones is not the fault of some distant ancestors. It's our fault. Yours, mine, and that of every person in this country. Current systemic racism that leads to black people being more likely to be searched, more likely to be charged, more likely to be convicted, more likely to get a longer sentence, less likely to get parole and more likely to get the death sentence? Not the fault of some distant ancestor, but our fault. Yours and mine, today. I can cite a thousand more examples of systemic racism today in the US that benefit whites at the cost of non-whites, and those things are within our power to change. So before you go into the "but waaaah, whites are the real victims because I didn't do anything wrong" routine, take a quick peek around at reality.

You are part of a society that not only did something wrong, but is right now doing a lot of things wrong. Pretend that away and focus on how victimized you are if you like, but people who are suffering under the racist system we currently have aren't going to see things your way. Those who suffered segregation as recently as a generation ago, those who suffered racial redlining when seeking housing, those who were prohibited from marrying people of another race -- some of those folks are alive today. This isn't ancient history. It's now, and it's a continuous legacy of unequal treatment that won't go away if folks us think we didn't and don't play a part in it. We do. And we aren't the victims here, as bad as some folks would like to be.
    1 Kings 11:3: “He (Solomon) had seven hundred wives of royal birth and three hundred concubines, and his wives led him astray.” -- Biblical marriage. One man, seven hundred women.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast