Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

North Korea says Seth Rogen's new movie is an 'act of war'

The government of North Korea today issued an unsurprisingly harsh statement about Seth Rogen's upcoming film, The Interview, denouncing the action-comedy as an "act of war." In the movie, Rogen and James Franco star as two journalists who, after scoring an interview with North Korean leader Kim Jong-un, are ordered by the CIA to assassinate him. In a statement published by the state-run KCNA news agency, a foreign ministry spokesman characterized Rogen as a "gangster filmmaker" and called upon the US to block the film, according to a report from the AFP.

"The act of making and screening such a movie that portrays an attack on our top leadership... is a most wanton act of terror and act of war, and is absolutely intolerable," the spokesman said, adding that the US would face a "resolute and merciless response" if it fails to ban the film, which is slated for release later this year.

"IT SHOWS THE DESPERATION OF THE US GOVERNMENT AND AMERICAN SOCIETY."

Kim Myong-chol, an unofficial spokesman for the North Korean government, was similarly critical of the film in an interview with the Telegraph last week. "There is a special irony in this story line as it shows the desperation of the US government and American society," Kim said.

"A film about the assassination of a foreign leader mirrors what the US has done in Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria and Ukraine," he added. "And let us not forget who killed [President John F.] Kennedy Americans. In fact, President [Barack] Obama should be careful in case the US military wants to kill him as well."

The North Korean regime is certainly no stranger to belligerent rhetoric, having warned the US and its allies of "merciless" punishment on multiple occasions. Rogen, meanwhile, seems to have taken the criticism in stride.
    lol anybody else following this story? What are your thoughts about this? Do you think the movie should be banned?

The movie does look pretty stupid imo.
    My 2014 Adopted Packer: Blow Job Raji

vCash

Shut up, North Korea.

Pure Sex.

you have fun with your properly evaluated medical studies....i'll believe my garbage. you believe yours.

vCash
    Make them a deal.

Put a big target out in the ocean and tell them if they can get within 20 miles of it with a launched missile then we will ban the movie.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    Make them a deal.

Put a big target out in the ocean and tell them if they can get within 20 miles of it with a launched missile then we will ban the movie.
    We should probably make it a bit easier for them.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    i can see where they are coming from.

vCash
    If they declare war over this...

vCash
    attention whores out there in Pyongyang.

vCash
    Ignore those turds.

vCash
    I think some Americans would be enraged if the tables were turned. I think the movie is just an awful idea.
    Alshon's Athletic Bloodlines Run Deep (AND CATCH EVERYTHING)

vCash
    Just laugh it off North Korea, like the Prime Minister of Malaysia after watching Zoolander!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    I think some Americans would be enraged if the tables were turned. I think the movie is just an awful idea.
    They would, but we have this thing here called freedom of speech, expression, press. The USG would have a shitstorm come their way if they banned the movie.

Then there's also the fact that Un is a dictator, and Obama/Bush/whoever else is just a president.
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.

vCash
    Did anyone actually think that they wouldn't get super offended by this and overreact?
    2014 Adopt-a-Packer: Micah Hyde

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    i doubt they are actually enraged,just looking for attention..you cant take all of north korea's shtick seriously

vCash
    I'm looking forward to seeing this movie now

vCash
    if we had a nickel for everytime they threaten war, or said x action would be an act of war, etc, there would be no national debt.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast