Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
    vCash
    basketball is about to pass cricket, cricket is only up there because it's indias national sport
    All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
    - Arthur Schopenauer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYKalltheway View Post
    Rugby is not really popular around the world.
    oh. news to me.

vCash
    I wish. Soccer is such a ****** sport. Chuck Klosterman was right when he called it an outcast sport. It's the only big sport where you can't fail too hard, where games are expected to tie, and fans cheer hard for missed shots.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyfromNeptune View Post
    I think maybe it was in 2007 or 2008 when I was on this site and reading a poster who lived in Europe (i think maybe his screen name was Hellcrooner or sometime idr) who said that basketball is not popular in Europe and that people care tons more about soccer and rugby.

However its about 4 years later, and I am curious about basektball from an international perspective. Do you think basketball is the future sport of the world?

Will markets in the EU, China, India, North and South America, and Northern Africa be much more attracted to this sport in the future?

Or will soccer/rugby always be the focal sports of our generation in this world?

Will the NBA ever spread further into Canada (like Vancouver or Calgary or Montreal ) or perhaps even into Europe or Mexico City ?

Will future Olympic basketball be much much more competitive with emerging national teams in China and in Europe?

Let's discuss.
    Been there done that!

vCash
    Soccer and Baseball I think is more popular globally then basketball.

But I know Kobe and Rose is really big in the biggest country in the world though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blom85 View Post
    Been there done that!

No more canadian teams. Toronto is a enough.

vCash
    Simple to play Futbol(soccer)all you need is a ball.You don't even need shoes to play it so its pretty hard to beat that.

Poor tall short rich fast slow ect ect everyone has a shot at playing futbol(Soccer).
    Last edited by Blitzbolt; 08-05-2012 at 11:41 PM.

vCash
    basketball has too many variables, rules and restricitions to be played worldwide...you cant just starting playing basketball on a street, you need a hoop.

Soccer on the other hand can be played with just a ball anytime anywhere. Go to any city in the world and drop a soccer ball down, guarantee people start gathering around

Quote Originally Posted by NYK_kidd77 View Post
    Lol how can you guys hate the knicks thats like going to the special olympics and booing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by effen5 View Post
    No more canadian teams. Toronto is a enough.
    Personally, I would much rather have the Sacramento Kings and the Charlotte Bobcats in Montreal and Vancouver then where they are now.
    PM for my contact information.

vCash
    it will never top soccer on a global scare and it wont even top football here in the states.

What was meant for me will be Mine once again... THE CHAMP OF CHAMPS IS BACK

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StinkEye View Post
    I wish. Soccer is such a ****** sport. Chuck Klosterman was right when he called it an outcast sport. It's the only big sport where you can't fail too hard, where games are expected to tie, and fans cheer hard for missed shots.
    Spoken like a true American

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Becks2307 View Post
    basketball has too many variables, rules and restricitions to be played worldwide...you cant just starting playing basketball on a street, you need a hoop.

Soccer on the other hand can be played with just a ball anytime anywhere. Go to any city in the world and drop a soccer ball down, guarantee people start gathering around
    Love playing trash can soccer. Best part is no one has to be the goalie.

On a side note when I was watching the olympics it said that every town in China was required to have a basketball court.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYKalltheway View Post
    Europe is split in regions in terms of sports popularity so you cant really tell. South America, probably volleyball is more popular.
    Yeah... Soccer is still #1 in just about every single European country though, if not them all.

vCash
    No. Soccer.

I love playing all sports made the basketball, football, and soccer team. Soccer is a beautiful game and I've always thought that because I play soccer so well I translated it to other sports because of footwork.

I love bball but it's never passing Soccer it can however do something else and solidify itself as the second sport across the world globe.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyfromNeptune View Post
    Personally, I would much rather have the Sacramento Kings and the Charlotte Bobcats in Montreal and Vancouver then where they are now.
    As much as I like having a team in Charlotte, I think the NBA would be better served if they could expand to Vancouver and Montreal. Would be interesting to see if a team can succeed in Vancouver now that the Supersonics are gone. For better or worse the Bobcats will be in Charlotte until 2030 unless they decide to pay a $150M exit fee to get out of their lease
    Last edited by Puck017; 08-06-2012 at 01:01 AM.

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast