1 1.96%
  • 10 years

4 7.84%
  • 15 or more

2 3.92%
Page 205 of 257 FirstFirst ... 105155195203204205206207215255 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,075 of 3848

Thread: The CFL Thread

Better safe than sorry I guess, at least next year the entire place should be ready and completely done. Can open next year with a big splash. I sure would like to see Brown and Stegall come in for the openning and properly give them their day at the new digs.

Why not get rid of this thread as its useless now and we can replace it with Game threads for this season. Maybe we get more players then.

Norcal transplant on central Oregon Coast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bramaca View Post
    Here's a link to the CFL's site broadcast info.

http://www.cfl.ca/page/game_broadcast

It doesn't look like they have US broadcast info up yet but maybe keep an eye on it so you know which channels it might be on. It does mention espn 3.
    Thanks!

4 Days, 4 Games, Epic Road Trip

Aug 16th, 17th, 18th and 19th. 4 CFL games in 4 days. My brother and I are driving to each game. we've been waiting years for the schedule to line up like this so that we can do a road trip.
    Winnipeg, Edmonton, Calgary then BC. Game 4 in BC is against our Roughriders!
    Already have the tickets. It's gonna be awesome
    Bruins, Chargers, Blue Jays, Raptors

sometimes the NFL network will show CFL games, but not with any regularity.
    You may have to watch over the internet. Check google on gameday and you should be able to find a few sites that are showing the games. I had to do this to watch my Boston Bruins for RD 1 of the playoffs since no TV station where i'm at was broadcasting the game.
    Who'se your brother in law?

it sucks doubly because I think he was a non-import

Quote Originally Posted by gattaca View Post
    sometimes the NFL network will show CFL games, but not with any regularity.
    You may have to watch over the internet. Check google on gameday and you should be able to find a few sites that are showing the games. I had to do this to watch my Boston Bruins for RD 1 of the playoffs since no TV station where i'm at was broadcasting the game.
    Who'se your brother in law?
    Appreciate the help.

My brother in law is Jonathan Gilmore. Apparently he will be playing for Winnipeg now. I don't know too much about the CFL, but am excited about getting into it.

Sounds like a great time but I imagine you're going to be drained by the end. It's a 1400km drive between Winnipeg and Edmonton and 1000km drive between Calgary and Vancouver in the mountains. I hope the games are an early finish time and a late start time between those two trips.

Quote Originally Posted by OREcoast49er View Post
    Appreciate the help.

My brother in law is Jonathan Gilmore. Apparently he will be playing for Winnipeg now. I don't know too much about the CFL, but am excited about getting into it.
    Names familiar but I haven't payed much attention to the Bombers preseason so far. What position is he? I know they have brought in a few american o-linemen this season.

Have a great time, sounds like a blast. Glad it all worked out for you this year. I'd do the same, but at my age I'd be flying.

Quote Originally Posted by Bramaca View Post
    Names familiar but I haven't payed much attention to the Bombers preseason so far. What position is he? I know they have brought in a few american o-linemen this season.
    He will play d-line. He has been a MLB his whole life, but the conversion makes sense because of his size. He's a freak athlete. I think they're going to have him on the ps because of the position change.

there are two of us going, so we can drive in shifts. No doubt it will be tough, but it will be something that I'm sure we will always remember

Looking forward to going to a game in the new stadium.. When it finally opens, that is.

NFL/CFL merger.

It would be more of absorbing the CFL than merging with it; example the ABA/NBA.
    If the NFL were to do this, it would only do so by taking four CFL teams, or at least two with possible additions in the lower-48. These teams/franchises would be the most financially stable in the largest metro-area television markets, such as B.C. (Vancouver), Toronto, Montreal, and either Edmonton or Calgary.
    The incorporation into the NFL would be a monetary windfall for those who make the cut; TV revenue, money for stadium upgrades to optimize concession and paraphernalia sales, apparel and gear affiliated with the teams.
    There would be a an infusion of NFL caliber talent earmarked for the teams North-of-the-boarder, through free-agency, the collegiate and supplemental drafts.
    This much more logical than seeding an expansion team in London and so forth; the logistics just aren't there.