• Blue Bombers

2 100.00%
  • Lions

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

99th Grey Cup: Winnipeg vs BC

Should be fun. Anyone else going to the game?

vCash

vCash
    Lets go Bucky!

vCash
    Bombers defense is good enough to win this game, I just hope that Buck doesn't screw up the offence and throw too many interceptions.

vCash
    If the defence plays like last week, I think 24 points gets it done. Now will Buck stay healthy enough to put that up. Indoors I think he can. And use that running game LOTS!

vCash
    C'mon Winnipeg! Get er done!

vCash
    Lots of displaced Canadians down here, more interest than I thought in the Game. We have a big party tomorrow, lap top from my Dads in Winnipeg to big screen in my yard. Expecting about 50 people so we're cheering down here. Its about 1/2 and 1/2 B.C or Winnipeg. For me Its the Bombers.

vCash
    There are Canadians everywhere in the US. Its sort of like when I go to a mall in Calgary or Vancouver and run into more people I know then if I go to the mall here in Brandon.

Its good to hear there is some fans down there though. Isn't the game on NFL Network or something like that? How did you end up going from Winnipeg to Miami?

vCash
    Lived in Winnipeg most of my life, big Jets fan, had season tickets right from the WHA days. Saw Gretzkys 1st season when he was 17. Able to see what I still believe to be the best line in hockey, Hull, Hedberg and Nilisson. Moved to Toronto in 1986 on business, have had 4 Jays season tickets for last 20 years, also have 2 sons there who used the tickets while we've been gone. Came down to Miami earlier this year to be with my ailing daughter and her family to help out. Everything better now, going back to T.O. in April for baseball season, then back to Winnipeg in Winter to be with Dad and Mom and watch the Jets. Long story short, we have very strong ties to Winnipeg and cheer for both the Bombers and Jets. We visit often. Thankfully my wife and I have the financial means to live this fun life and take in as much sports as we can. Retired young so for last 10 years we spend the summer in T.O. and winters in Winnipeg, and since my daughter moved to Miami 7 years ago, we spend some of the Winter a month or 2 down there. Full Life.
    Last edited by wagnall; 11-26-2011 at 04:46 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wagnall View Post
    Lived in Winnipeg most of my life, big Jets fan, had season tickets right from the WHA days. Saw Gretzkys 1st season when he was 17. Able to see what I still believe to be the best line in hockey, Hull, Hedberg and Nilisson. Moved to Toronto in 1986 on business, have had 4 Jays season tickets for last 20 years, also have 2 sons there who used the tickets while we've been gone. Came down to Miami earlier this year to be with my ailing daughter and her family to help out. Everything better now, going back to T.O. in April for baseball season, then back to Winnipeg in Winter to be with Dad and Mom and watch the Jets. Long story short, we have very strong ties to Winnipeg and cheer for both the Bombers and Jets. We visit often. Thankfully my wife and I have the financial means to live this fun life and take in as much sports as we can. Retired young so for last 10 years we spend the summer in T.O. and winters in Winnipeg, and since my daughter moved to Miami 7 years ago, we spend some of the Winter a month or 2 down there. Full Life.
    Wintering in Winnipeg? Especially when you have the means to be somewhere else, must be Ukranian. jk

vCash
    Actually you are spot on. Perogies and Halopchy [hope I spelled that right] As for your question as to watching the game. There is a channel here that is carrying the game, but we don't get it. So we do the same as what we do with Jets, Bomber games and Jays games this year while we've been here. My son puts his lap top facing his T.V, we skype and my son in law down here figured how to plug in my lap top into his big screen and we watch the games. Picture is great, but sound not so much. So we got that covered. Sometimes you got to do what you got to do

vCash
    I've got the Lions. They've been so dominate in the second half of the season. Love this match-up though.

vCash
    Bombers all the way. Defence going to bury Lulay

vCash
    Calling it as 27 - 24 for Winnipeg. Want to see Brown get his ring!

vCash
    Any big parties going on in Winnipeg. Anything at the convention centre. I have friends in Wpg. that went to the game, talked yesterday say that the staduim is absolutly fantastic. Nice to see cites getting some new digs. Like Winnipegs new one, retractable roof would have been nice. But big $$$$$

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast