Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

LMFAO Undefeated LSU and NINE!!! 1-loss teams....

The people in charge of the BCS have to be ****ing their pants right now

LSU 10-0
    Oklahoma State 10-1
    Alabama 9-1
    Oregon 9-1
    Oklahoma 8-1
    Arkansas 9-1
    Clemson 9-1
    Virginia Tech 10-1
    Stanford 9-1
    Boise State 8-1
    Houston 10-0

Marcus Mariota

Houston getting no love

Imagine if Boise State hadn't crapped the bed against TCU? Then the BCS would be totally freaking out..
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

The dream is still alive for Clemson!

Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    The dream is still alive for Clemson!
    The ACCCG is probably going to be the best conference championship game this season, for all we know a trip to the National Title may be on the line.

"I AM THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFuffcVDKKg
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by B'sCeltsPatsSox View Post
    The ACCCG is probably going to be the best conference championship game this season, for all we know a trip to the National Title may be on the line.
    But...but...the ACC doesn't have SEC SPEED! All ACC teams are inferior to SEC teams, this can't possibly be true!

It's gonna be awesome if Arkansas can beat LSU, then there will be no telling who gets in the title game until all the conference championships are over...and even then it'll still be a giant cluster****.

I'm praying for an Arkansas win, all hell would break loose in the BCS, my prediction would be Alabama vs. Oregon, but it's anyone's guess at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by RevisIsland View Post
    I'm praying for an Arkansas win, all hell would break loose in the BCS, my prediction would be Alabama vs. Oregon, but it's anyone's guess at this point.
    Even I would admit that if Alabama and Oregon made the title over a one-loss LSU that it would be unfair...
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

Well let us look at this here to see what we could possibly have....

LSU and Arkansas play each other so one of those gets knocked out

Virginia Tech and Clemson will play in the ACC Championship

Oklahoma and Oklahoma State play next week

Oregon plays USC this weekend which is a very dangerous game

Stanford still has Cal and Notre Dame

Houston still has probably the two toughest games on their schedule left in Southern Miss and Tulsa

Alabama has Auburn at the end of the year and regardless of how bad Auburn is that is always a tough rivalry game

Boise State is all but a lock to finish 11-1

So we could still end up with as many as 7 teams with the same record vying for a national title spot. Could you imagine if Oklahoma State beats Oklahoma, USC beats Oregon, Arkansas beats LSU and Virginia Tech wins the ACC. How the hell would they decide who gets into the national championship game?

Alabama would have played for the SEC Championship game and not LSU or Arkansas.
    Virginia Tech would be 12-1
    Oklahoma State would be 11-1 but a real recent loss to Iowa State
    Stanford would be 11-1 but with a bad loss to Oregon and a terrible strength of schedule
    LSU would be 11-1 but with a loss in their last game
    Last edited by steelcityroller; 11-19-2011 at 03:00 AM.

Marcus Mariota

I hope Oregon gets it because they're so fun to watch but I think their chances are slim since LSU already beat them pretty easily. I think it'll be Alabama vs LSU rematch.
    Last edited by Sadds The Gr8; 11-19-2011 at 03:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    But...but...the ACC doesn't have SEC SPEED! All ACC teams are inferior to SEC teams, this can't possibly be true!
    Who said the ACC doesn't have SEC speed? They recruit from the south don't they?

Quote Originally Posted by bradyistheman12 View Post
    Even I would admit that if Alabama and Oregon made the title over a one-loss LSU that it would be unfair...
    I'm not saying it would be fair, but they'd both be conference champions (assuming it's Arkansas that beats LSU and Alabama jumps then in the rankings a la Texas, Texas Tech and Oklahoma in '08), I think the BCS would put them in. None of the BCS is fair.

All signs point to LSU-Bama II. If LSU can win out then they're a lock. Oregon *MIGHT* gain ground or even jump Bama after a win over USC but Bama would jump them right back if they beat Auburn as Auburn is currently ranked and a much more quality opponent. OK St is going to take quite a bump. Seeing as how OK st and OU both lost to low quality opponents, even if one wins their championship, I think they've eliminated themselves from the argument. Arkansas could put their name in the hat IF they beat LSU but for this argument, we're going for an Arkansas loss so that eliminates them. That then brings in Clemson & Va Tech but the question is going to arise...Are ACC teams to the quality of Bama? Also what happens if Clemson lays an egg against South Carolina and then knocks off Va Tech...That eliminates both of them. Lets assume Clemson beats South Carolina AND Va Tech...does that give them enough to not only Jump the OSU/OU winner but also a Bama team that beat a top 25 team?

I really think its ball is back in Bamas court right now. To me, they win out they deserve the shot. They're just as good, if not better then every other 1 loss team in the Nation PLUS they have the better positioning in the polls.

I'd really be surprised if we see a rematch of that game. Plus, do people really wanna see a battle of who can score the most FG's again? For all the hype that game received, it wasn't that great.

Give me a high powered offense and an elite defense matching up rather than 2 great defenses like that again. It makes for a more entertaining game IMO when there are contrasting styles like that.

I'm gonna say something like Oregon/Bama or Oregon/LSU seems realistic. Maybe Oklahoma sneaks in there, but I don't want them to. They should be penalized more than they have been (and lower in the polls) for losing to a terrible Texas Tech team on their home field. No other 1-loss team in the Top 10 has a loss that bad.

I'm holding out hope that Arkansas can somehow get in there, but with 2 SEC teams ahead of them already it'd take them beating LSU & probably Alabama losing to Auburn (in their last game) or Georgia in the SEC Championship for it to even be possible. So mostly, at this point all I wanna see is chaos and for the BCS to have nothing but 1-loss teams to choose from.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 11-19-2011 at 03:57 AM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast