Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Bruce to be Fired?

Been hearing after the loss on Friday that within 72 hours Bruce would be fired. If true, who becomes coach? Evason?

Redskins | Nationals | Capitals | Wizards| D.C United

vCash
    Look, I have wanted Bruce to be fired since the start of last season. Here are the facts and observations of the situation.
    These are the problems with the team as far as coaching.

1. There is a communication gap between himself and the players.
    2. The players don't believe in the system or Bruce because they switched from one style of hockey to the correct style of hockey during the regular season last season. They think he doesn't know what he's doing.
    3. As far as the lineup, he continues to play Cody Eakin for some odd reason. He isn't NHL ready and MP85 is a much better option at this point.

As far as last night, he had a bad coaching game but I give him credit for benching Roman and Dennis last night. Those two were an absolute joke on the ice last night. Honestly, the players should have come out ready to play in the 3rd. If the team we have can't do that then we might be screwed anyways BUT it is then the coaches job to make sure they are ready to play in the 3rd. You can't fire the entire team but a change in coaches would fire up this team. Bruce is trying to get a grip on this team, but he's already lost them. Once I heard about the "Team meeting" last year held by the players, that should have been the indicator to McPhee that Bruce should be fired.

The reality.

McPhee is also a huge part of the problem because his leash is very very long for Bruce. Not only that but his faith in certain players like Semin (Who has been playing better the last two games) and Schultz who has been his bust project since 07. This team needs a nucleus shakeup and it starts with Semin. In reality, the Caps are not going to win the Cup with who they have this year unless Vokoun plays like Kolzig in 1998. The nucleus isn't right. Semin and Green don't really fit because of their injuries, lack of production in the postseason, and the style of hockey they play. They play regular season hockey.

If the Caps went on to lose a few more games, Bruce will be gone. If this scenario happens...

Evason will be the head coach for a very limited amount of time until they hire Mike Keenan or Barry Melrose most likely.
    Last edited by chocolayo; 11-26-2011 at 07:58 AM.

vCash
    I've actually wanted him gone since the Pittsburgh choke.

Redskins | Nationals | Capitals | Wizards| D.C United

vCash
    It is looking more likely that he could be gone. Dale Hunter is being thrown around a lot by people. Would be interesting...

vCash
    friend in nova saying he is out, just reported. looking for source

vCash

vCash
    And there it is. Dale Hunter era has begun.

vCash
    And the countdown until the season ends for the Caps and Dale gets fired begins.

vCash
    ^ Hopefully they turn things around. I'll be catching 2 games when I come home for vacation and I don't want to see losses!