Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

11/17/11 Colorado Avalanche vs Minnesota Wild

Always important to beat division foes. I personally don't think varlamov is that good so i think we should get 3-4 tonight

vCash
    In the Purple Jesus tradition, here is your weird video for the thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vAfXNzXueE

vCash
    holy crap, is that for real?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    holy crap, is that for real?
    LOL, no. It's Eddie Pepitone.

vCash
    hilarious

vCash
    offense wasn't good but was good enough to get it done woohoo another win! another great game by backstrom man his and hardings trade stock is going to be tremendously high

vCash
    I'm liking this 'play who ever is playing better' though between the two.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Killerjug View Post
    offense wasn't good but was good enough to get it done woohoo another win! another great game by backstrom man his and hardings trade stock is going to be tremendously high
    Yeah i think an offseason deal would be coming. Unless we get blown away, we don't want to get caught with our pants down and not have a goalie signed for next year if we trade backstrom because Harding is gonna be a FA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Thome View Post
    Yeah i think an offseason deal would be coming. Unless we get blown away, we don't want to get caught with our pants down and not have a goalie signed for next year if we trade backstrom because Harding is gonna be a FA
    They should resign Harding this season anyway. Something like 3 years. Trade Backstrom before the trade deadline to a desperate team for a kings ransom. Ka-ching.

vCash
    Again Harding to a 3-4 year 16-18m deal would be fine, would lower the cap hit on our goalie by about 2 mil. Harding has expressed how he doesnt want to leave MN under any circumstances because of the way the organization has treated him, which is great not only do we have one of the best fan base its good to know we take care of our own internally as well (yeah screw you Gaborik).
    Backstrom wouldnt bring in a king's ransom for 2 reasons, age and his cap hit. Goalies just dont get 6mil deals with the cap these days unless they are young and/or are a perennial Vezina threat (Rinne got his he is the latter, and Price is the former and he will get his). I still think Backstrom+mid pick+C grade 7.0 prospect to TB for Brett Connely+Garon+1st or 2nd rounder (make it conditional on TB playoff run) is exactly what we should look for. TB wants to win now before they lose St Loius and some of their D men, but they struggle in the net.