Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cheaptrikz View Post
    i wonder if they even look at this thread
    what do you think?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jlohm1 View Post
    what do you think?
    Feel free to read any of the threads on vBulletin's website regarding bugs and issues with either Android or the iPhone app.

https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...mobile+android

https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/sear...archid=9245275

The Android app is currently at the latest released version of 1.1.3. 1.1.4 is slated to come out (possibly only available with vBulletin version 5) "soon".

There's not much we can do, vBulletin's support is terrible. We're still running version 3.8 of vBulletin because no one at vBulletin knows how to help us upgrade a site with this many posts to version 4 without taking the site down for days - now they're going to expect us to pay to upgrade to 5 to get fixes (despite paying for a broken app in 3.8).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by content-team View Post
    Feel free to read any of the threads on vBulletin's website regarding bugs and issues with either Android or the iPhone app.

The Android app is currently at the latest released version of 1.1.3. 1.1.4 is slated to come out (possibly only available with vBulletin version 5) "soon".

There's not much we can do, vBulletin's support is terrible. We're still running version 3.8 of vBulletin because no one at vBulletin knows how to help us upgrade a site with this many posts to version 4 without taking the site down for days - now they're going to expect us to pay to upgrade to 5 to get fixes (despite paying for a broken app in 3.8).
    You could use the vBulletin mobile skin. Which is miles better than the app itself anyways.

I think he was just referring to the fact that this thread has been completely ignored for quite some time now.
    I'm In.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iansnightout View Post
    You could use the vBulletin mobile skin. Which is miles better than the app itself anyways.

I think he was just referring to the fact that this thread has been completely ignored for quite some time now.
    Bingo. Tapatalk works great too. It wouldn't hurt ANYTHING to use all the options available. It allows users freedom to choose what fits their needs best and each have their advantages.

Mobile skin just makes it work using the phone's native browser and gives the mobile ability to Windows Smartphone and Blackberry users. It also allows you to browse the site with this normal skin should you choose to or if a bug would appear like the inability to view VM's.

Taptalk does pretty much the same thing as the app but some of the bugs in vBulletin's app aren't happening in it. It also adds the site to their list of forums which is free advertisement to attract users to the site.

The app itself allows you to directly go to the site from your phone's app menu. It's convenient to have this for some.

Having all of these options available doesn't slow down site performance. The only thing slowing down site performance is the inability to set up and host a website. If you threw the site on a GoDaddy server I guarantee these problems rarely happen if at all. Their bandwidth and network structure is far better than what you're gonna find in a SDI server room.

SDI can blame vBulletin all they want but as long as you use the app exclusively and don't work with the other (and better) options, especially the mobile skin, it's gonna be troublesome with the app alone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by content-team View Post

I noticed you quoted me... but I was referring to the lack of communication in this forum. until we had downtime and you addressed it, we have been ignored for a long time now. we've been asking about the spam and the mobile app and we got no answers until you made a thread about the downtime. and it's very frustrating to be honest.

and like ****** said, use a mobile skin. we've been saying that since before the app was made. it's better and it would give people with blackberry's and window's phones the ability to post in their phones.

vCash
    Seven days now. Ignored our comments and nothing back. Typical, it seems.
    I'm In.

vCash

PSD Mobile iPhone App is now available

Ahh, yes the good old days!

vCash
    So update maybe?

vCash
    I see this thread is slowly turning into an off-topic thread instead of app support..

vCash
    It's not like there's any support given anyway. All we know is SDI is pointing the finger at vBulletin and not doing anything to fix it. I've already given the most simple solution (mobile skin) so even if it's generic, it's better than a god forsaken app crawling with bugs.

vCash
    I was on the app today and it is so slow. it was really laggy and just things like scrolling up and down pages were a struggle. I run a lot bigger apps on my phone with no problems. not to mention, I can't view my profile on the app. the app is awful and should just be scrapped for the free tapatalk plugin or mobile skin.

vCash
    I started a thread about this and the psd team got pissed off eventually with all the hate replies lol

It doesn't work right for anyone. It's awful.
    Don't like me?

Go have a seat with the rest of the putas waiting for me to give a flying fk.

vCash
    yea, it's sucked since day one. it just annoys me that nothing is getting done about it.

vCash
    We have posted several times in several different threads on this issue. Our development team is aware of the issues with the mobile app and they are working to address the issue. The last update that I was given was early 2013 for the updated version of the forum which will include a new mobile solution.

We would have scrapped the V-Bulletin app a long time ago but it works fine for some users...so we decided to keep it active. Our suggestion it to simply use a mobile browser until the new mobile solution is ready for launch.

vCash
    every poster I've talked to about it has had some problems with it though.

I'm not mad at you psd-team, but the excuses that they give us are always the same and it's annoying.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast