Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Wilpons spell out perks for would-be $20 mill investor

• Access to Mr. Met, the team mascot, although the degree of access is not entirely spelled out. It definitely means you, as a part-owner, can schmooze with Mr. Met at Citi Field. It’s less clear whether you could get him to come to your child’s birthday party without a fee.
    • A formal business card, complete with the prominent designation: “Owner.”
    • And if you are a wealthy doctor, commodities trader or real estate mogul who wants to try to swat the ball over the newly pulled-in outfield fences at Citi Field on a Mets day off, you are entitled to attend what appears to be an exclusive kind of fantasy camp: “Owners’ workout day.”
    ROTFLMAO!!!! I'm gonna pay $20 mill so I can get to play with Mr. Met? I swear, you can't make this stuff up!

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/21/sp...l.html?_r=1&hp
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears – but they seem kinda sensible...."

Pathetic.

And yet we balked at offering A-Rod a private suite?

Somewhere David Einhorn is laughing.

5. 12-21-2011, 11:22 AM
    Reason
    Stop with the personal attacks!

6. 12-21-2011, 11:37 AM
    Reason

A formal business card.. wow! I guess thats why they call it limited partnership.. very limited. Sounds like you have to buy your own food when you come to game as well. I wish I had enough cash to be a limited partner!
    " You seek Yoda!

They spelled out all the perks?

"ROFL ZOMGZ HOW FUNNY AND DISGRACEFUL"

If you are going to be an investor I would bet you want to know what you were getting into.
    While some of that may seem "silly" to you, its just an extra little bonus that people who actually care about the Mets might think is pretty cool.

All it took was some ******* at the NYTimes to post an article ripping on a couple of the things from a 3 page document for you guys to jump on board too. sad really.
    Last edited by cambovenzi; 12-21-2011 at 12:07 PM.

at first i thought it was a joke by the newspaper trying to poke fun at the team but its too long to be a joke , are they really offering that?

i remember the orioles Fans once boycotting their team, they went to the game with protest signs and then left the stadium at the same time during the game

I dont know but I think the Mets need some drastic measures from us, everything to make the Wilpons look bad and look into selling, occupy citi!

I cant wait until selig shows the wilpons the door
    I'm just that damn nice

12. 12-21-2011, 12:05 PM
    Reason

Crossed the Rubicon, let the bridge be burned
    Sounds like the media has already adopted a "everything to make the Wilpons look bad" philosophy. Articles where the Mets reduce the number of affiliates without noting they still have more than most, this article without any commentary on how other teams minority partnerships are set up. Most fans want to hear the negative slants to fuel their anger, so that is what they get.
    RIP Paul Kuznetz aka uapeople

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    I'm all for Bay playing everyday. I don't mind, I understand with the contract situation.

Quote Originally Posted by ReyesRulez View Post
    Notice how the Wilpologists are reduced to ad hominem? They have nothing, so they throw rocks. How very Neanderthal of them.
    Yep im a caveman because I don't root against my team in every facet of the game or at every blog, thread or news story posted.

You get a business card and a suite and ~3 pages of other exclusive benefits of being a minority owner of the mets? What a joke!!!?!11
    DO you know how ridiculous that is?
    Those sound like perfectly normal and legitimate perks to me.
    Last edited by cambovenzi; 12-21-2011 at 12:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cambovenzi View Post
    Yep im a caveman because I don't root against my team in every facet of the game or at every blog, thread or news story posted.

You get a business card and a suite and ~3 pages of other exclusive benefits of being a minority owner of the mets? What a joke!!!?!11
    DO you know how ridiculous that is?
    Those sound like perfectly normal and legitimate perks to me.
    Rooting for the Wilpons is effectively the same as rooting against the Mets.

Crossed the Rubicon, let the bridge be burned
    Probably.

At the same time, rooting for Sandy is rooting for the Mets. He is steering the baseball side and needs to keep as little damage as possible from happening.
    RIP Paul Kuznetz aka uapeople

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    I'm all for Bay playing everyday. I don't mind, I understand with the contract situation.

Here again we see the Fox News-esque spin that is put upon our dissent. Already in this thread I've seen the insinuations that ridiculing the Wilpons is tantamount to rooting against the Mets, and that our criticism of Sandy Alderson somehow amounts to rooting against him. It's piffle.

There are probably some tremendous perks to the minority investor package the Mets are offering. I'd call 3% compound interest a pretty solid perk by itself, and there are doubtless more that haven't been reported. But what's wrong with having a laugh at the silly little perks that have?

Even if fans don't care what the rest of the perks are, and just want to voice their outrage and disgust at the ownership group which has turned us into a laughing stock as well as a financial disaster, then so be it. They don't owe the Wilpons the benefit of the doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by ReyesRulez View Post
    Here again we see the Fox News-esque spin that is put upon our dissent. Already in this thread I've seen the insinuations that ridiculing the Wilpons is tantamount to rooting against the Mets, and that our criticism of Sandy Alderson somehow amounts to rooting against him. It's piffle.

There are probably some tremendous perks to the minority investor package the Mets are offering. I'd call 3% compound interest a pretty solid perk by itself, but there are doubtless more that haven't been reported. But what's wrong with having a laugh at the silly little perks that have?

Even if fans don't care what the rest of the perks are, and just want to voice their outrage and disgust at the ownership group which has turned us into a laughing stock as well as a financial disaster, then so be it. They don't owe the Wilpons the benefit of the doubt.
    you know you really shouldnt bring up thinks like fox news, can we keep it to baseball and how ineffective the wilpons are

props to sfgiants5518

GO 'CUSE

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast