Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Wild at Flames 11/8

Harding will start again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlurgF8KhsU

vCash
    excellent keep the hot streak going!

vCash
    I thought i saw that backstrom was going to start, but wouldnt mind riding harding until he falters.

vCash
    looking good again great special teams penalty killing has been solid and backstrom doing well maybe a little competition lit a fire under him

vCash
    Sorry that Headbutting call infuriates me...I mean are you kidding me? Jarome Iginla one of my top favorite players in the NHL but just because he complains doesnt meant you can throw us a match penalty and a 5 min PK.
    Nick was playing so well and infront of his home town crowd too...have to feel bad

vCash
    sorry bout saying Harding was starting, misread the headline...it said Backstrom back in goal, and I assumed that meant the current goalie was going to be back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pidg88 View Post
    Sorry that Headbutting call infuriates me...I mean are you kidding me? Jarome Iginla one of my top favorite players in the NHL but just because he complains doesnt meant you can throw us a match penalty and a 5 min PK.
    Nick was playing so well and infront of his home town crowd too...have to feel bad
    a lot of these calls have been garbage...I feel like we have been shorthanded half of the game...by the way, I am watching the game on a delay, and still have 4 minutes left, we are up 2-0, and I am assuming this is another win...Backstrom has looked even better than Harding has, and I didnt think that was possible...if both goalies continue to play like this, things are going to get interesting...I wouldnt mind a goalie by committee deal, like Lemaire had with Rolston and Fernandez, but in this point in Wild history, I think moving one would be best, to either increase our talent on our current roster, or add to our small but growing farm system.

vCash
    another great game last night ya that headbutt was complete bs jarome iginla calls for it and immediately recieves it but w/e we won and backstrom looked great

vCash
    I am not a fan of goalie by committee, we dont need to now but we need to pick one and maximize the value of the other (although right now both of their values are probably the highest they will be all season). I think Harding would fetch us more, but Backstrom should be moved. Lets get this prospect pool back to where it should be (its still pretty abysmal minus a couple of players) and let the team keep performing. This team is a surprise to me and good for them, but there are a few things we lack it would be nice to address. A trade could address that or address the prospect pool. Im sure our phone will be ringing if its not already just other GM's testing the waters.

vCash
    depending on how much columbus likes mason we could do the rumored deal of carter + a little something for backstrom

vCash
    what carter trade rumor?

vCash
    i remember i believe it was early last year there was a rumor that the wild may trade backstrom for jeff carter

vCash
    oh, I would like that, but Carter just got traded to Columbus...if their was a rumor going around last year about it, that would mean the Flyers wanted to trade him, not Columbus.

vCash
    no ik i was just hypothetically speaking and because columbus is terrible

vCash
    Columbus also wont want a goalie as old as Backstrom, unless they truely still think Mason has potential and that making him a backup for two years will help his development.

If Columbus did call for him, Ryan Johansen +2nd and Backstrom is theirs, or we throw in our second/third and they throw in their first, haha top pick and we get Nail Yakupov. Deal

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast