Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

11/5/11 St. Louis Blues vs Minnesota Wild

Lets keep it up 4 in a row, anybody know if Harding will be playing again tonight

vCash
    yes, Harding will be playing tonight.

vCash
    Is this game streaming anywhere?

vCash
    Great game once again.

THE FELLOW SOUTH DAKOTA BOYS

props to rdwilliamson for the sig

vCash
    I really like this team, and now that we finally have some decent prospects, who are ready for the NHL now, we can finally be a main stay in the playoffs for the next couple of years.

A couple of those NHL ready prospects I mentioned, are Coyle and Granlund, who can come over next year, and give us a really big boost...Cuma and Bullmer should be on the roster next year as well.

Its going to be interesting to see how the goalie situation plays out. Obviously Harding is the hot hand right now, but we have so much money invested in Backstrom, and Harding is only on a one year deal...I would like to see Backstrom traded, but then we risk not having a goalie next year...also, its going to be hard to move that Backstrom contract.

vCash
    I like this team as well, although to be a playoff hopeful/contender we need to score more...Beating the Blues 2-1 is not playoff material. We also need a #2 Center as I dont feel Cullen is that. We also need a puck moving D, something our prospect pool is more than slim on.

Coyle and Granlund will be nice next year I am more than excited for these two (one might actually be my first Wild Jersey to hang on the wall, besides Boogeyman who is the greatest imo...remember the wall for me is filled with Red Wings haha), I would also love to someone convince Lehtonen to come over from the KHL and just see what he can do. Cuma and Bulmer will be nice 3rd pairing and bottom liner combo's for now. I would really like to see us try to get a center and a young Puck moving D man as Brodin wont be ready for at least 2 years.

As far as Backstrom, I dont think his contract will be as difficult as many presume, it just takes the right circumstances...And I have been saying all along TB are under those circumstances. They are built for the playoffs, yet their goalie's are older (even older than Backstrom) and not performing. They have cap space and have to start winning now before St Loius is out of the picture and retired. They also just locked up Stamkos so they want to appease him. Backstrom + something (mid level prospect, or maybe one of our many stay at home D men) For Garon (to backup Harding), Brett Connely (Good RW prospect who I still think needs time in AHL but projects well) and a pick...This gives us a top 6 pairing projected prospect, a career back up and a maybe 2nd round pick (make it a conditional 1st?), this gives them a bonafide #1 goalie, and a Dmen which they were lacking on earlier this year (I think they have gotten healthy but they could still use more they were really hurting). Our salary cap goes down, their's goes up for two years, but they have the room. And with the cap increasing by almost 4m a year there a few contracts that are becoming "untradeable" especially by someone who is still performing at a high level like Backstrom (Players like Scott Gomez are un-tradeable).

Also remember, Harding LOVES LOVES LOVES it here. He would never turn down a contract from us that is reasonable, I bet he would even take a discount for sticking with him through all the years/rehab. He is 28?, if Backstrom is traded I think a 4 year ~17-18 mil contract is perfect and more than reasonable. But im also not 100% sold on Harding yet, maybe 96%, but he still has to show us he can play a whole season of #1 minutes and pressure.

vCash
    Wild win, Gophers win. Good night for hockey.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pidg88 View Post
    I like this team as well, although to be a playoff hopeful/contender we need to score more...Beating the Blues 2-1 is not playoff material. We also need a #2 Center as I dont feel Cullen is that. We also need a puck moving D, something our prospect pool is more than slim on.

Coyle and Granlund will be nice next year I am more than excited for these two (one might actually be my first Wild Jersey to hang on the wall, besides Boogeyman who is the greatest imo...remember the wall for me is filled with Red Wings haha), I would also love to someone convince Lehtonen to come over from the KHL and just see what he can do. Cuma and Bulmer will be nice 3rd pairing and bottom liner combo's for now. I would really like to see us try to get a center and a young Puck moving D man as Brodin wont be ready for at least 2 years.

As far as Backstrom, I dont think his contract will be as difficult as many presume, it just takes the right circumstances...And I have been saying all along TB are under those circumstances. They are built for the playoffs, yet their goalie's are older (even older than Backstrom) and not performing. They have cap space and have to start winning now before St Loius is out of the picture and retired. They also just locked up Stamkos so they want to appease him. Backstrom + something (mid level prospect, or maybe one of our many stay at home D men) For Garon (to backup Harding), Brett Connely (Good RW prospect who I still think needs time in AHL but projects well) and a pick...This gives us a top 6 pairing projected prospect, a career back up and a maybe 2nd round pick (make it a conditional 1st?), this gives them a bonafide #1 goalie, and a Dmen which they were lacking on earlier this year (I think they have gotten healthy but they could still use more they were really hurting). Our salary cap goes down, their's goes up for two years, but they have the room. And with the cap increasing by almost 4m a year there a few contracts that are becoming "untradeable" especially by someone who is still performing at a high level like Backstrom (Players like Scott Gomez are un-tradeable).

Also remember, Harding LOVES LOVES LOVES it here. He would never turn down a contract from us that is reasonable, I bet he would even take a discount for sticking with him through all the years/rehab. He is 28?, if Backstrom is traded I think a 4 year ~17-18 mil contract is perfect and more than reasonable. But im also not 100% sold on Harding yet, maybe 96%, but he still has to show us he can play a whole season of #1 minutes and pressure.
    choose a team man, I love you here, but I dont think you are fully on board with us.

Beating the Blues 2-1 isnt playoff material, but winning 4 in a row is...so is beating the red wings twice. this team is a little unconventional, but they get the job done, and they continue to grow as a team. this team will make the playoffs, but I do not think they are a contender yet...although, if you get a hot goalie in the playoffs, who knows? also, if Heatley can regain his prime, I could see us being a team to recon with in the playoffs.

Wild fans have known for years that Harding can get it done, the question is his injury history...anyways, this team will make the playoffs.

and for you mr pidg, you live in Minnesota, time to completely jump ship, and become a Wild fan...I am sure it is fun to be a Wings fan, but you live in the state of hockey now. I will ignore your comments when you refer to the Wild as "we" or "us." until you make the move to become one of us...I enjoy yout comments, as you clearly know a lot about hockey, but it is time for you to become a Wild fan...I have never understood how someone could cheer for two teams in any sport, and I know right now you are more Wings than Wild, but it is time for you to choose one team.
    Last edited by PurpleJesus; 11-06-2011 at 03:48 AM.

vCash
    Your brutal! I have been a wings fan my entire life, when I jumped the great pond to here I just happened to land in MN! I love the hockey culture and everything about MN you just cant ditch something from your childhood though. For now its Wings first Wild second, and you will just have to keep enjoying my comments or ignore them. I am fully onboard with the Wild...unless they play the Wings. But hey "you" beat "us" twice so far this year, and I am not going to take away from that by saying we were in a slump you guys just beat us.

Your right I can see the wild as making the playoffs but Heatley has to get going. He doesnt need to be prime, he needs to be 30-35 goals. Seto needs to be hitting his prime though, I would like to see him at 30 this year and moving up annually.

Your right about Harding and injuries, thats why a relatively short term (4 years compared to whats being handed out to everyone else 7+) at a price of around 3.5-4m annually is a great contract.

Backstrom can be moved, there are teams that will pay the price for him at the deadline.

vCash
    Agreed heatley koivu once they get goin the goals will keep comin 7-3-3 with them being so so I think it's only fair to say we will get better

vCash
    Kinda crazy that if you look at the Wild's stats right now, everyone our top two lines has 8 points with the exception of Latendresse (7)

vCash
    that is crazy always good to have depth didnt realize it was that even though lol