Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Was going to try and do quads today but I don't think the knee is 100% yet unfortunately, maybe one more week will do it good. So I did back/bi's today instead.

Warmup:
    5 minutes on treadmill at 5.0

Wide Grip Pronated Pull Ups:
    3 sets with BW got 11 reps then 8 then 6

Regular width supinated pull ups:
    3 sets with BW got 9 reps then 8 then 5

Deadlifts:
    135x12x2
    185x10
    225x5x3

Bent over BB Rows:
    135x15
    155x12
    155x10
    155x9

Partial Deadlifts: Thought I'd give these a try for some extra back volume. They are HARD but feel great
    155x8x3

BB Curls:
    45x10
    65x8
    85x8
    85x6 -> 65x6

Cable one arm curls:
    50x10
    50x8
    35x10 drop set

Need to bring my straps next back session for sure, I can pull more with them. Doing my newer narrow grip has me holding on to the non grip section of the bar and my grip is awful so with straps I think I can do a lot more.

vCash
    Also weighed in at 187.5 this morning, creeping up slowly here little by little which is what I'm looking to do. By the end of the year I am hoping to be 190. Still eating about 3500-3600 calories a day. Might have to up it a hair but we'll see.

vCash
    Day off yesterday but did do yoga (p90x) as my neck/back felt stiff.

Have basketball today then plan on doing Shoulders and Hammies tomorrow (assuming my knee feels okay in the game tonight).

Was at 3,100 calories yesterday on off day, back to 3600 today maybe a few hundred more I burn a ton of calories playing basketball and we are shorthanded tonight.

vCash
    DLee, do you still workout at the XSport in Downers Grove? I feel like you mentioned that (maybe in a Bulls Forum thread) a while back.

vCash
    I live in Aurora and work in Elmhurst so the only time I go to Downers is when I go in the morning (usually get there around 5-5:30am) when I workout at any other time I just go to the one in Naperville which is like 4 minutes from my house.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DLeeicious View Post
    I live in Aurora and work in Elmhurst so the only time I go to Downers is when I go in the morning (usually get there around 5-5:30am) when I workout at any other time I just go to the one in Naperville which is like 4 minutes from my house.
    Gotcha. Yeah I almost got a membership there because I'm home from NIU on medical leave for the rest of this semester (have been since early October), but my parents wanted me to go to the Oak Brook Terrace Park District since it's about 5 minutes closer to my house. Especially with 22nd street having been a mess with all that construction.

vCash
    How's the workout facility there? I've played in a few basketball leagues there but never actually seen the weight area.

vCash
    How's the workout facility there? I've played in a few basketball leagues there but never actually seen the weight area.
    At the Oak Brook Terrace PD?

Assuming that's what you mean, I really like it. It's pretty small but there's almost never anyone there! It has all the equipment I need for everything in my routine and on average, I'm literally sharing the weight room with 1-2 people, often times no one! The most people I've seen in the weight room at once was 6 (including me).

vCash
    I may seriously consider joining there Xsport can be so overcrowded (hence me going at 5am most days). What is the membership fee like? How many squat racks do they have? What about benches that you can incline or use flat for DB presses? What do the DB's go up to?

lol sorry for all the questions

vCash
    Ha no problem. For me the membership fees are $50 initiation fee then $25/month since I qualify as a student. For a regular individual membership it's a $99 initiation fee then $30/month.

As for squat racks, there are 2 I believe that can be used for squats. One where you'll have the free motion and just use a bar. Then there is another where the bar is attached to the rack in a way where you pull it forward or back when you first lift and then forward or back to put it back into the slots when you're done.

They do have a few benches for flat barbell press (one of which is the 2nd squat rack I described). For incline barbell press, you have to use the 2nd squat rack I believe with one of the other mobile benches. But there are a few flat/incline benches for DB's. And the DB's go up to at least 130, I'll double check that when I'm there tomorrow.

Here's a link to their online pictures of the weight room: http://obtpd.org/fc/weight_room.php

If you click facility tour on the side you can check out some of the other rooms as well.

vCash
    Yep, I checked them today and the dumbbells go up to 130 lbs.

vCash
    I really like that place and the workout area, although small, has everything I'd need and like you say there isn't anyone there ever so it doesn't matter how big it is. The problem is the location, I'm going to have to consider that because I do like to lift every Saturday and some Sundays so it would suck to have to drive over an hour round trip those days. I'll have to think about it some more.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubs Win View Post
    Yep, I checked them today and the dumbbells go up to 130 lbs.
    loool what are the odds we post at the exact same time like 24 hours later?

vCash
    I really like that place and the workout area, although small, has everything I'd need and like you say there isn't anyone there ever so it doesn't matter how big it is. The problem is the location, I'm going to have to consider that because I do like to lift every Saturday and some Sundays so it would suck to have to drive over an hour round trip those days. I'll have to think about it some more.
    Yeah, the weekend hours is probably the main downside. I live 5 minutes away so it's not as big of a deal for me but it would obviously be tougher for you.

loool what are the odds we post at the exact same time like 24 hours later?
    Yeah that's crazy!

vCash
    Just did shoulders, they are dead feels good.

Overhead BB Press:
    45x12
    95x12
    115x6
    115x5
    115x5

Upright BB Rows:
    95x9
    95x8
    95x7

BB Shrugs:
    225x16
    275x12
    315x8
    315x6
    225x12

Shoulder Press Machine:
    150x12
    165x10
    180x7
    195x6

DB Lateral Raises:
    25x10
    25x9
    25x9

Did 1 set of reverse flies just to try them out as I've never done them before. May add them in next time.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast