Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Bullmer sent to Junior Team

He is going where I always thought he belonged. He is a nice prospect, but to me, it didn't really look like he belonged in the NHL yet.

Of course, sending a kid down, right before he plays his tenth game is pretty mysterious, in that if he played his tenth game, then the first year of a three year contract has to be used...if he plays under ten games in a season, then we still get him for three years...so, if he plays one more game this season, then we for sure have him this year and the next two...if he does not play another game this year, we have him for sure next year, and two more.

vCash
    Hmmm while he might have looked a little out of place, he didnt look that far. Who takes his spot? Brad Staubitz? Or Matt Kassian? Whoopy...We need more skill players and actual grinders. I mean I understand having 1 enforcer but now we have arguably 3. I dont know something doesnt feel exactly right about this, I could be wrong but maybe some type of move is on the way.
    Last edited by pidg88; 10-31-2011 at 07:35 PM.

vCash
    I really do think that the move was to save his 3 years...I expect not to see him in a Wild uniform the rest of the year, so that that gets preserved...he may get called up again, if we lose some players due to injury.

What I think was a little out of place with Bullmer, is that he is a 19 year old kid, that is asked to hit people, be a little dirty, and be a grinder...what NHL vet is going to be scared of a 19 year old kid? He also seems to make at least one big mistake a game...as most rookies do. I think he will be a fine player in a couple years...I just don't think his time is now...go down to where people are on your level, and are your age, beat some people up, and gain some confidence.

vCash
    I can name a few 18-19 y/o's im afraid of in the AHL haha. There are some big kids that come up and are called up to just hit. I will agree Bulmer doesnt have that but there are some that do. And I do think it was to preserve his 3 years, but than why scratch him for a game and than send him down? Why not just send him down?