Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 LastLast
    vCash
    Few trade rumblings the last few days involving the Rangers. Texas is looking to move Uehara or Lowe for a right handed hitting OF/1B or a good Util IF that can play SS.

Also, suggestions around town that this might be the Rangers time to look at dealing Borbon.

vCash
    Interesting. Any idea who they have in mind? And trade Borbon for what? I still have hope he could turn into a hell of a lead off man. It would have to be worth it.
    @asmarks18
    Texas Rangers
    St. Louis Cardinals
    Dallas Cowboys
    St. Louis Rams
    Dallas Mavericks
    St. Louis Blues
    Texas Tech

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by asmarks18 View Post
    Interesting. Any idea who they have in mind? And trade Borbon for what? I still have hope he could turn into a hell of a lead off man. It would have to be worth it.
    Someone like Aubrey Huff would make sense. He's expensive and expendable for the Giants (Brandon Belt had a huge spring and looks ready) and he's making $10mm for next season with a club option for 2013. Obviously, $10mm is a lot for a utility guy, so maybe if the Giants would offer cash to even out the finances, something could be arranged.

vCash
    Huff would be awesome. Giants would have to pay about 70-75% of his contract though. Only way I could see JD agreeing to a Huff deal.
    @asmarks18
    Texas Rangers
    St. Louis Cardinals
    Dallas Cowboys
    St. Louis Rams
    Dallas Mavericks
    St. Louis Blues
    Texas Tech

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by asmarks18 View Post
    Huff would be awesome. Giants would have to pay about 70-75% of his contract though. Only way I could see JD agreeing to a Huff deal.
    I'll pass on Huff. His numbers really fell off last year and I just can't see him as an upgrade to Moreland at this point.

As for Borbon, I'm curious to know what his value would be at this point. The guy hasn't really looked good since his first year in the bigs and I'm not sure what we'd get in return for him now. That said, because he does have some nice tools, I think I'd rather stick with him and hope that he grows into a MLB player soon.

Who needs Josh Hamilton when you can have this for $11m?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stipe1280 View Post
    I'll pass on Huff. His numbers really fell off last year and I just can't see him as an upgrade to Moreland at this point.

As for Borbon, I'm curious to know what his value would be at this point. The guy hasn't really looked good since his first year in the bigs and I'm not sure what we'd get in return for him now. That said, because he does have some nice tools, I think I'd rather stick with him and hope that he grows into a MLB player soon.
    well, he has been pretty solid this spring and I think they are gonna roll with him in CF at least until the trade deadline unless he absolutely tanks and they need to bring up Martin. I have a feeling he will adjust better this year, he has shown more patience at the plate so far this year and if he can continue that then I think he will be fine. I would rather put him in a package for an ace or a big power hitter and I think thats wut the Rangers FO plans on doing as they showcase him the first half of this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by slugger82685 View Post
    well, he has been pretty solid this spring and I think they are gonna roll with him in CF at least until the trade deadline unless he absolutely tanks and they need to bring up Martin. I have a feeling he will adjust better this year, he has shown more patience at the plate so far this year and if he can continue that then I think he will be fine. I would rather put him in a package for an ace or a big power hitter and I think thats wut the Rangers FO plans on doing as they showcase him the first half of this year.
    Borbon hasn't really looked good in spring and is in Ron Washington's dog house. Josh Hamilton will be in CF 80% of the time.

vCash
    Well it looks like there wont be any shot for the Rangers to acquire Votto as he is nearing a huge extension :/

vCash
    Yep, no Votto...if we lose Hamilton and or Napoli, where is that pop gonna come from?

vCash
    Well, might as well extend Josh now.
    @asmarks18
    Texas Rangers
    St. Louis Cardinals
    Dallas Cowboys
    St. Louis Rams
    Dallas Mavericks
    St. Louis Blues
    Texas Tech

vCash
    You almost have to extend Josh now...

vCash
    SOOOO Excited for the Rangers this season.

vCash
    Rangers keep Brandon Snyder on the roster, hopefully when all cuts are made, they can add a right handed hitting OF/1B and send Snyder down.

vCash
    I'm kind of bummed that Votto and even Cain (to a lesser extent) re-signed. It really does mean that Hamilton is a bigger need and gives us less leverage in trying to work out a reasonable deal with him.

Also, with Cain now off the market, that will create a bit more competition now that Hamels and Greinke appear to be the cream of the free agent crop...and I can't see us competing with some of the teams that will be vying for their services.

So...if Josh doesn't re-sign, I really don't see our team being able to upgrade itself next offseason. Y2K may be right...might just have to ignore all the risks associated with Hamilton and just re-sign the guy.

Who needs Josh Hamilton when you can have this for $11m?

vCash
    Took some pics of the revamped CF area tonight, take a peak...

http://s1258.photobucket.com/albums/...Young2Kinsler/

Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 LastLast