Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 43 of 67 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
    vCash

NFL Draft/Free Agent/Trade Ideas

We should take Lattimore with a latter pick. I'm down with gambling on him.

vCash
    Titans placed TE Jared Cook on injured reserve with a torn rotator cuff, ending his season.

There will be no contract-year surge under new OC Dowell Loggains. Cook suffered the injury late in Sunday's loss, and is expected to need surgery. It's bad news for a player headed for the open market, but Cook should be 100 percent well before training camp. It's a much more serious injury for a baseball player. As has been the norm throughout his four-year career, Cook was both under-utilized and under-productive this season, and will finish with a 44/523/4 line. Where Cook ends up in 2013 could depend in large part of whether impatient Titans owner Bud Adams retains his football brain trust. It's not outside the realm of possibility he'll be franchise tagged.
    rotoworld

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo95 View Post
    rotoworld
    Would be nice to have him. BUT!!!! O line and D line must come first in priority in free agency.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dee279 View Post
    Would be nice to have him. BUT!!!! O line and D line must come first in priority in free agency.
    No doubt, but TE may be more cost efficient in free agency. The last thing I want is another Edwards signing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramon Nivar View Post
    No doubt, but TE may be more cost efficient in free agency. The last thing I want is another Edwards signing.
    True that, but that Ray Edwards signing should have never happened. Just horrible scouting IMO. Anytime a player plays on side of Pat Williams, Kevin Williams, and Jared Allen and your career high in sacks is 7.5, it is safe to say you wont do better on a line with less talent.
    Last edited by dee279; 12-11-2012 at 11:46 AM.

vCash
    Charles Johnson put us in a bad spot though. Or to put it another way, Carolina put us in a bad spot when they emptied the vault for CJ, much more than Dimitroff was offering. We would've been better off getting Peppers in 2010.

vCash
    Charles Johnson put us in a bad spot though. Or to put it another way, Carolina put us in a bad spot when they emptied the vault for CJ, much more than Dimitroff was offering. We would've been better off getting Peppers in 2010.
    Yes or even Mario Williams this year. But both of those guys are so expensive. What yall think bout Cliff Avril?

vCash
    Currently, Todd Mcshay has ATL goin after Ertz from Stanford.

Atlanta Falcons
    Record: 11-2
    Zach Ertz*, TE, Stanford
    Atlanta needs an eventual successor to Tony Gonzalez, and while Ertz isn't the same kind of elite talent he does have plenty to offer. He has good overall hands and is strong in traffic, is a crisp route runner and has been highly productive throughout his career.

vCash
    I like Ertz and have been in favor of getting a TE, but right now even with free agency, I don't see how they can select anything besides D-Line or O-Line with the first pick.

vCash
    I like Ertz and have been in favor of getting a TE, but right now even with free agency, I don't see how they can select anything besides D-Line or O-Line with the first pick.
    I agree. How nice would it be to have DT Jenkins from Georgia fall to us. Massive 300+ lb DT that would crush opponents running backs trying to run up the middle. How nice would it be to have a top 5 run-stuffing defense?

vCash
    ^Yeah, now we're on the same page, although a guy like Jenkins will probably be gone long before the Falcons pick. But you see what I mean by addressing their needs in the trenches.

vCash
    I think Ertz will be available in the 2nd.

I say go for Barret Jones from Bama in the 1st can play all over the line.

Then go for best RB in the 3rd.

vCash
    Montee Ball comes to mind

vCash
    ^Agree with your first post, my only thing with the second post is Montee Ball has 300+ carries the last few years (on a 215lb frame) and is a senior, so I keep feeling like he might burn out early. IMO should've declared last season, his body didn't need another year of punishment.

vCash
    Another side note to the discussion about drafting offensive skill players: The Falcons have been transitioning (albeit slowly) to a faster, more explosive approach on offense. If they are serious about it: Instead of a power back to replace Turner, they could go after a guy like Giovani Bernard in the 2nd/3rd or any speedy tailback to pair with Quizz, then a mid-round touchdown machine like Stedman Bailey as your new slot WR and just make every game a track meet on the Dome turf. It's a bit of a gamble, but one that could make some sense.
    Last edited by Bravo95; 12-19-2012 at 04:30 AM.

Page 43 of 67 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast