Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 39 of 67 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
    vCash
    First-round picks/predictions from a few NFL mocks around the intraweb. (All were late-20s):
    Dion Jordan, DE Oregon

Analysis: Teams looking for a traditional 3-4 rush linebacker will be intrigued by Jordan as he times the snap well, shows the flexibility to dip under the reach of tackles and closes quickly. Unlike most "defensive ends" asked to make the transition to outside linebacker, Jordan has experience in coverage, as he was routinely asked to line up over the slot receiver initially, showing the balance and awareness to give a creative NFL defensive coordinator a variety of ways in which he can rattle the opposing quarterback.
    Jesse Williams, DT Alabama

Analysis: Incredibly strong (he's reportedly maxed out on the bench press at 600 pounds) and surprisingly agile, Williams is the most athletically intriguing of this year's talented Alabama class. With only one season of top notch competition under his belt he's certainly a project but considering his tools and the coaching staff working with him, Williams is a good bet to join running back Eddie Lacy as a breakout candidate for the Tide and eventually earn heavy NFL draft consideration.
    CBSports.com / Oct 9th
    Alex Okafor, DE, Texas
    Walter Football.com / Oct 2nd
    Alex Okafor, DE, Texas

Okafor profiles as a Power Rusher who can walk his man into the backfield, while also making him very tough to run on. Okafor also has the speed to be dangerous around the edge, along with the quickness to beat his man inside or outside. In such a deep class of Pass Rushers, the Falcons get a steal here in Okafor, who could easily be a Top 15 pick in most drafts.
    NFLDraftGeek.com / Oct 7th
    Last edited by Bravo95; 10-09-2012 at 11:22 AM.

vCash
    Barring a TE falling, I think we have to go DE. Edwards has stepped it up and Kroy is showing awesome versatility (Or was when we used him more) but Abe is still our only edge rusher.

vCash
    Since you mention it, a few tight end prospect rankings:
    1. Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame
    Height: 6-6. Weight: 251.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.70.
    Projected Round (2013): 1-2.
    10/6/12: Eifert has hauled in nine passes for 158 yards and a touchdown through four games. Notre Dame has been terrible at getting the most out of him though, and their quarterback play has been extremely inconsistent. Eifert has made big improvements as a blocker this season.

2. Joseph Fauria, TE, UCLA
    Height: 6-7. Weight: 258.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.69.
    Projected Round (2013): 2-3.
    10/6/12: Fauria has 13 receptions for 162 yards and four touchdowns this year. He has been a good weapon for UCLA and could produce more if the Bruins increased his opportunities.

3. Zach Ertz*, TE, Stanford
    Height: 6-6. Weight: 249.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.61.
    Projected Round (2013): 2-4.
    10/6/12: Ertz has played well this season and is Stanford's leading receiver. He's totaled 15 receptions for 252 yards and a touchdown. Ertz has improved his blocking as well.

4. Philip Lutzenkirchen, TE, Auburn
    Height: 6-5. Weight: 250.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.70.
    10/6/12: Lutzenkirchen has been held back by poor quarterback play as he has regularly worked his way open and not been thrown the ball. Lutzenkirchen has 12 receptions for 128 yards through four games.

5. Levine Toilolo*, TE, Stanford
    Height: 6-8. Weight: 265.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.62.
    10/6/12: Toilolo has caught eight passes for 137 yards and a touchdown in 2012. He needs to improve his blocking and route-running.
    WalterFootball.com
    Rank Player Pos. Pos. Rank School Class Ht. Wt. Proj. Round
    29 *Tyler Eifert TE 1 Notre Dame rJr 6-5 252 1-2
    68 *Dion Sims TE 2 Mich State rJr 6-5 285 2-3
    116 *Jordan Reed TE 3 Florida rJr 6-3 243 3-4
    118 *C.J. Fiedorowicz TE 4 Iowa Jr 6-6 265 3-4
    130 Michael Williams TE 5 Alabama rSr 6-5 272 4
    CBSSports.com
    SENIORS

1. Chris Gragg | 6'3, 236 pounds | Tight end | Arkansas
    2. Joseph Fauria | 6'7, 258 pounds | Tight end | UCLA
    3. Philip Lutzenkirchen | 6'5, 250 pounds | Tight end | Auburn
    4. Michael Williams | 6'6, 270 pounds | Tight end | Alabama
    5. Brandon Ford | 6'4, 235 pounds | Tight end | Clemson

JUNIORS

1. Tyler Eifert | 6'6, 251 pounds | Tight end | Notre Dame
    2. Zach Ertz | 6'6, 249 pounds | Tight end | Stanford
    3. Dion Sims | 6'5, 276 pounds | Tight end | Michigan State
    4. Levine Toilolo | 6'7, 263 pounds | Tight end | Stanford
    5. Jordan Reed | 6'3, 243 pounds | Tight end | Florida
    SBNation.com
    Last edited by Bravo95; 10-10-2012 at 05:11 AM.

vCash
    Watching Notre Dame-BYU now. Eifert catches the football at its high-point as well as any TE I've seen in years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo95 View Post
    Watching Notre Dame-BYU now. Eifert catches the football at its high-point as well as any TE I've seen in years.
    Lets draft him lol

vCash
    ^We'll have competition if he keeps making all these acrobatic catches. ND QBs don't get him the football enough.

vCash

vCash
    This pass rush class is disgustingly good, I can't say it enough times.
    https://twitter.com/ECStoner/status/260447081871855616

Eric Stoner of DraftBreakdown.com / Rotoworld

Breaks down DE Dion Jordan vs Arizona St: http://draftbreakdown.com/dion-jorda...ona-state-2012

vCash
    https://twitter.com/ECStoner/status/260447081871855616

Eric Stoner of DraftBreakdown.com / Rotoworld

Breaks down DE Dion Jordan vs Arizona St: http://draftbreakdown.com/dion-jorda...ona-state-2012
    Well looking at our needs and if TG does retire, our biggest needs are OL(almost every position on the line) TE, DE, MLB, and HB. It is pretty deep at DE, and TE this year. This will be TDs true test on his ability of evaluating talent IMO. So far, busts and drafting players who dont even make any impact at all has been his strong suit. He is a hit and miss guy so far of what i have seen. Need a little consistency.

vCash
    Adding talent in the trenches is most important either way, including TE, in the early rounds. I'm not as concerned with TD's draft history as I am with how the coaches have used players over the years. They took too long to figure out if they still wanted to be a power-run team or one that airs it out.

vCash
    Adding talent in the trenches is most important either way, including TE, in the early rounds. I'm not as concerned with TD's draft history as I am with how the coaches have used players over the years. They took too long to figure out if they still wanted to be a power-run team or one that airs it out.
    You right on the figuring out how to use the players but at the same time, TD's draft history has a couple of first round duds in Baker and Jerry, the CBs we have drafted has amounted to nothing besides Grimes. William Moore was a good choice but i would have drafted him so a pretty easy choice ImO. Matt Ryan was a good choice but he was pretty much the only QB we could have drafted that high and thats what our personel wanted. I have to give him his props on Julio, Weatherspoon and C. Peters. He risked alot with Julio and i didnt even know who Peters was. I wanted the team to draft Weatherspoon though. Also, his free agent acquisitions havent really been game changing either except if you count TG and Asante in their. They were trades, but he mos def got those 2 right. If you really look at it tho, we are a top heavy team with not many holes but our depth at almost every position is paper thin.

vCash
    To me, a lot of it has to do with coaching though. I mean, think about all all of us felt about Moore and DeCoud prior to this year, but they brought in Nolan and now both players are finally showing what they can do, even Dunta is playing well and a guy like McClain is stepping up out of nowhere. Not saying it means guys like Jerry can be saved, but I feel like having BVG and Mularkey all those years playing predictable football on both sides, relying on the same few players and no one else got a chance to step up.

I agree with you on the FA signings and how they recovered with the trades. Still, the great franchises build depth by playing to all their guys strengths and sharing the wealth, and even though the Falcons won a lot of games, they wasted seasons and opportunity by being stubborn, depending on the same guys to bail them out every week. That's about coaching, which I guess TD is partly responsible for since he hired them, ha.
    Last edited by Bravo95; 10-23-2012 at 10:44 AM.

vCash
    SENIORS

1. Star Lotulelei | 6'4, 320 pounds | Defensive tackle | Utah
    2. John Jenkins | 6'3, 351 pounds | Defensive tackle | Georgia
    3. Jesse Williams | 6'4, 320 pounds | Defensive tackle | Alabama
    4. Sylvester Williams | 6'3, 320 pounds | Defensive tackle | North Carolina
    5. Kawann Short | 6'3, 310 pounds | Defensive tackle | Purdue
    6. Everett Dawkins | 6'3, 304 pounds | Defensive tackle | Florida State
    7. Khaleb Rhamsey | 6'3, 288 pounds | Defensive tackle | Boston College
    8. Jordan Hill | 6'1, 292 pounds | Defensive tackle | Penn State
    9. Rob Lohr | 6'4, 290 pounds | Defensive tackle | Vanderbilt
    10. Kapron Lewis-Moore | 6'4, 306 pounds | Defensive tackle | Notre Dame
    11. Joe Vellano | 6'2, 285 pounds | Defensive tackle | Maryland
    12. Baker Steinkuhler | 6'6, 290 pounds | Defensive tackle | Nebraska
    13. Aaron Tipoti | 6'2, 280 pounds | Defensive tackle | California
    14. Cory Grissom | 6'2, 316 pounds | Defensive tackle | South Florida
    15. Josh Downs | 6'1, 287 pounds | Defensive tackle | LSU
    16. Anthony McCloud | 6'2, 322 pounds | Defensive tackle | Florida State

JUNIORS

1. Johnathan Hankins | 6'4, 317 pounds | Defensive tackle | Ohio State
    2. Sheldon Richardson | 6'4, 295 pounds | Defensive tackle | Missouri
    3. Shariff Floyd | 6'3, 305 pounds | Defensive tackle | Florida
    4. Bennie Logan | 6'3, 287 pounds | Defensive tackle | LSU
    5. Akeem Spence | 6'1, 305 pounds | Defensive tackle | Illinois
    6. Kwame Geathers | 6'5, 350 pounds | Defensive tackle | Georgia
    7. Dominique Easley | 6'2, 285 pounds | Defensive tackle | Florida
    http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-dra...ackle-rankings
    Last edited by Bravo95; 10-23-2012 at 10:51 AM.

vCash
    To me, a lot of it has to do with coaching though. I mean, think about all all of us felt about Moore and DeCoud prior to this year, but they brought in Nolan and now both players are finally showing what they can do, even Dunta is playing well and a guy like McClain is stepping up out of nowhere. Not saying it means guys like Jerry can be saved, but I feel like having BVG and Mularkey all those years playing predictable football on both sides, relying on the same few players and no one else got a chance to step up.

I agree with you on the FA signings and how they recovered with the trades. Still, the great franchises build depth by playing to all their guys strengths and sharing the wealth, and even though the Falcons won a lot of games, they wasted seasons and opportunity by being stubborn, depending on the same guys to bail them out every week. That's about coaching, which I guess TD is partly responsible for since he hired them, ha.
    True that! Well hopefully our depth doesnt kick us in our *** this season. Its ironic the 2 injuries we have dealt with this season were our 2 deepest positions. (DT, CB)

vCash
    Good point, and that's another thing, they have been very fortunate that their best players have stayed on the field all these years. Roddy, Ryan, Abe, Tony, Turner (besides the high ankle sprain in '09), etc.

Page 39 of 67 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast