Follow us on Twitter

Page 38 of 67 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blitz42 View Post
    TE - Dwayne Allen
    NT - Brandon Thompson
    C/G - Peter Conz
    G - Amini Silatolu

YES! I was right on "Konz" mispelled his last name, I believe he can start at guard for a year and then kick inside to center after McClure retires. Holmes is a big dude and he played strictly LT in college so it will be interesting where he fits in, perhaps he replaces Sam Baker after the season or beats him out right during training camp, pretty exciting.

vCash
    Remember now, TE was going to be a luxury pick regardless. We know who the starter is going to be next season.

vCash
    Ok so we drafted a FB... Hmmm anybody know bout him?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dee279 View Post
    badger fan here, really good lead blocker, opened a lot of wholes for the leading ncaa scorer last year. Where he'll be really valuable is on ST, Really a stud there.

vCash
    Thanx for the info. Never hurts to have a special teams ace.

vCash
    Massaquoi is an interesting "tweener" for his size and position. He'll most likely be asked to switch to outside linebacker at the NFL level, but he plays well with his hand down and seems to have a good grasp of the fundamentals. He doesn't play with the core strength of a James Harrison or LaMarr Woodley, but I wouldn't be quick to make the obvious DeMarcus Ware comparison either, because Massaquoi is the better player (at least in a raw sense) dropping into coverage and Ware again plays with more core strength. He's quick, but not quite as explosive as Von Miller.

Basically, Massaquoi does everything decent-to-well you'd want a man playing his position to do. If his skills were more refined, he'd be a first-round lock. As it is, the team willing to put in the finishing work (starting with the weight room) could have a Pro Bowler and quarterback sack leader on their hands sooner than later.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...182154141.html

Sounds good to me.

vCash
    Looks like Ovie will be gone. Nice to see two good picks, though. I'd bet Ewing is a weekly player and in the 5th round that is huge, regardless of position.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dee279 View Post
    I went to High School with him ! was on his team haha that's pretty neat. He was a year below me. It's very cool to see him get drafted, pretty big news for a town of 5,100 people. I really hope he succeeds in Atlanta, I don't follow college ball but I too have heard he's a pretty good special teams player. He had some catches this past season with the Badgers, no carries though. So he may be more of a blocking and pass occasional receiving target, instead of a rusghing FB. Not that there are many of those anymore anyways.
    Last edited by BlinkManJan02; 04-28-2012 at 04:43 PM.

vCash
    Falcons select Mississippi State S Charles Mitchell
    ajc

I'll have to look up a few scouting reports on this one.

vCash
    I kno about the guy. He is a really good tackler and special teams player but i dont like the pick. We could have gotten a better player imo. He is not a playmaker at all but He is a very hard worker and he will give it his all on every down. A team leader and a TD type of player.

vCash
    OVERVIEW
    Mitchell is an experienced corner who stands out as a smart and reliable player on the back end. He started for three years and is a smooth athlete who would look natural as a spot starter in the NFL. He is a bit short but understands how to play the position. He is a controlled athlete, can trigger his feet to turn and get to a spot and has the body control to make a play on the ball or dip his hips to make a play against the run. Mitchell has fifth-round potential.

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS

Mitchell is strong for the position. He has average size but his strength shows in the run game. He diagnoses plays well and you can tell he is a preparation-based player; he is always in position. He is good in zone coverage, where he recognizes plays early working within the scheme and turns to get to the ball quickly. In run support he plays the position well and triggers to get downfield quickly and fill his lane. He rarely misses a tackle.

WEAKNESSES

Mitchell does not make many big plays and is not a ball hawk. He is better against the run than the pass, and hasn't had much experience in man coverage. He plays well within a scheme but isn't necessarily a safety who can make his own plays; he is often around the ball but hasn't had a ton of turnover production

NFL.com

vCash
    Well not going to say it was a bad pick and that he is not a good player but i believe there were better value still on the board.

vCash
    UNDRAFTED FA SIGNINGS:
    Tyler Horn - Miami - Offensive Lineman - Started all 12 games at center for the Hurricanes in 2011 and was named as Second-Team All-ACC.

James Rodgers - Oregon State- Wide Receiver - Brother of Falcons running back Jacquizz Rodgers. Dual offensive threat that finished with 222 career receptions. Standout as a kick returner.

Cody Pearcy - Huntingdon (D-III) - Wide Receiver - Set receiving records at the Division III level with a 4.3 forty time and a 44-inch vertical leap.

Dominique Davis - East Carolina - Quarterback - Spent a season as the backup to Matt Ryan at Boston College before finishing his career up at East Carolina. Holds the NCAA record for consecutive completions in a single game.

Adam Nissley - Central Florida - Tight End - Caught 21 passes for 235 yards while earning All-Conference USA Honorable Mention in 2011

Phillipkeith Manley - Toledo - Offensive Line - Massive 6-foot-5, 309-pound lineman out of Hamilton, Ohio.

Chad Faulcon - Montclair State University (DIII) - Safety - Hard hitting and explosive defensive back who was an award winner at the Division III level.

Max Gruder - Pittsburgh - Linebacker - 6-foot-2, 230-pound versatile linebacker who played both inside and outside during his career at Pittsburgh.

Dawson Zimmerman - Clemson - Punter - Averaged 40.8 yards per kick during his career with the Tigers which was seventh best in school history. Lawrence, Georgia native.

Mike Calvin - California - Wide Receiver - 6-foot-3 wideout who appeared in 37 games for the Bears in his career finishing with 42 catches for 528 yards and a touchdown.

Micanor Regis - Miami - Defensive Tackle- Appeared in 10 games for the Hurricanes in 2011 and finished with 41 tackles and two sacks.

Louis Nzegwu - Wisconsin - Defensive Line - Started all 14 games for the Badgers in 2011 and led the team with 4.5 sacks.

Marty Markett - South Carolina- Defensive Back - Recorded 26 tackles and one pass defended in 2011. Was a solid special teamer and a former sprinter on the track team.

LaMark Brown - Minnesota State - Wide Receiver - Transferred from Kansas State to Minnesota State, where he switched from running back to wide receiver.

Bryce Harris - Offensive Lineman - Fresno State. Played in college for current Falcons offensive line coach Pat Hill.
    Congrats to SMWW Agent Advisor, Angelo Meilie, and client, Robbie Frey, RB #Kutztown, who just signed with the #Falcons #NFL
    Therriault to ATL. RT @NFLsouth_TroyH: @RossDellenger Casey Therriault QB, Jackson State University will being joining the Atlanta Falcons
    #Auburn's Josh Harris, a deep snapper, has signed as an undrafted free agent with the Atlanta Falcons.
    #Alabama LB Jerrell Harris signs with the Atlanta #Falcons #NFLDraft
    http://atlanta.sbnation.com/atlanta-...ee-agents-2012

vCash
    Faulcon

Enough said.

vCash
    Ha, didn't notice that.
    Last edited by Bravo95; 04-29-2012 at 11:17 AM.

Page 38 of 67 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast