Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 31 of 67 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I suggested it because as of now, we don't really know who will return punts and kicks. So they might pick a skill player with experience in that area -- then follow it up later with an actual "need" pick (like defense).

vCash
    I know rumors around the Falconsphere seems to be that Franks/Walls/Smith/Douglas are all capable of returning. Douglas did return punts early in his career. Smith did return one kick last season. Not saying they are solutions, just saying that we may have them on roster already. Jacquizz is another possibility to return kicks given his short stature, ball control, shiftiness and tackle breaking ability.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo95 View Post
    Would any of you have a problem if they just took the best player available? Even if he was, say, a pass catcher?
    I wouldnt. To me, selecting the BPA is better then drafting by need because you might reach a bit at times when drafting for need. When you can add to your strengths, it makes you a better team and it wont hurt to have more hands out there to help Matt and everyone else on offense. More especially if that guy is fleener because a 6'6 guy that runs like a horse learning behind Tony G would be a dream come true.

vCash
    OK, good points. Just gauging to see if I was the only one in that camp.

Noticing a lot of mocks have a DT as the first pick, specifically nose tackle.

vCash
    That's weird, I cannot see us going with a NT in round 2 unless it is a darn good player. With Peters, Babineaux(Whose salary we're willing to pay), Walker and Jerry(Who we have faith in, for good reason dude is young) I cannot see us spending an important pick on a player at the position. Unless the internal us wants to move to a 3-4 ASAP.

vCash
    ESPN's draft guru Mel Kiper has the Falcons selecting Illinois offensive lineman Jeff Allen with the No. 55 pick.
    The Falcons have a need here, and Allen could help early on the right side with upside at left.
    Offensive linemen are never the sexiest picks from a fans perspective, but Allen seems like he's a good fit for the Falcons. Allen is a 6'4", 307 lb tackle from Illinois. ESPN has Allen ranked as the fourth best player at his position in the 2012 draft, so he represents solid value for the Falcons.
    http://atlanta.sbnation.com/atlanta-...allen-illinois

vCash
    Helping early at right is irrelevant as long as Clabo is on the roster.

Not like I dislike the pick, just stupid logic from Kiper.

vCash
    I don't trust Kiper at all his picks after the first ten are always wrong.

vCash
    Cardinals agreed to terms with S James Sanders, formerly of the Falcons.

The 28-year-old Sanders started six of his 15 appearances in Atlanta last season, recording 41 tackles without an interception. The Falcons will view him as experienced depth with the capability of chipping in on special teams.
    rotoworld

vCash
    Sanders was solid here, hope that works out for him.

After Smith's comments about Baker/Svitek the other day, I'd actually be surprised if they took a tackle.
    Last edited by Bravo95; 04-04-2012 at 09:23 PM.

vCash
    I see us going TE if the right one is there or going somewhere on defense with our second pick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by footballnut58 View Post
    I see us going TE if the right one is there or going somewhere on defense with our second pick.
    I most certainly see that too. Problem is, Dimitroff hides what he does way too well from us. For all I know we're trading down and drafting a QB.

vCash
    Well, we have a pretty good idea based on reports of who is invited for private workouts at Flowery Branch.

vCash
    haha funny RN, if that happened man I dont think I would know what to do.

vCash
    i bet its TE tho and that more I think about it, I think it might be Charles. I have a feeling he will slip due to his poor performance on proday and so on and that he has had some issues lately. I think TD will take a gamble on him due to our big need there. He is a good kid so i dont have a problem with it.

Page 31 of 67 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast