Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 67 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Smith named Weems one of his team MVPs, so I'd bet we see him back.

vCash
    ^I'll say that Weems was much better on coverage than as the actual returner, but we'll see.

vCash
    RT @Pete_B_Coolin: @AJCFalcons you think the falcons have a chance to get Levi Brown? <--Keep an eye on Robert Mathis, Reggie Nelson.
    Ledbetter (AJC beat writer)

1) Almost vomited at the thought of Levi Brown on this team.

2) I'm usually against giving long term deals to anyone over 30, which Mathis is probably looking for.

3) I'd rather have Dashon Goldson over Nelson. He and Rogers have been huge for that Niners' secondary.

vCash
    If we sign Levi Brown then Dimitroff loses a lot of the credibility he has worked hard to get. Levi is awful. Coming from someone who is forced to watch about 16 Cardinals games a year, he is just plain awful. Remember what Abe did to Guy Whimper? Imagine that happening weekly.

vCash
    Yeah, I believe left tackle is most intriguing area of concern this offseason. They obviously need to address it, but this seems like a weak draft class after Matt Kalil, and there isn't much to pick from in free agency either.

vCash
    Falcons signed RB Dimitri Nance to a reserve/future contract.

Nance is a pedestrian runner, but knows how to pass protect, can play on third downs, and contributes on special teams. The Falcons want to increase their no-huddle usage under new OC Dirk Koetter. Nance will push for a roster spot.
    rotoworld

vCash
    ^ He should make it next season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo95 View Post
    ^ He should make it next season.
    How do you figure? You think Snelling is gone?

vCash
    Jaguars.com believes free agent WR Harry Douglas would be a "logical target" for the Jags in free agency.

The assertion appears to be based solely on the fact that Douglas' old OC Mike Mularkey is now the head man in Jacksonville. With Douglas likely out of favor in Atlanta following another disappointing campaign and the Jags in need of a total overhaul at receiver, however, it would indeed be a logical fit. A 2008 third-round pick, Douglas has made just 84 career catches. He will not be a hot commodity on the open market.
    rotoworld

vCash
    I'd like Harry back!

vCash
    harry would of had a good year if not for predictable mularkey, when he played I remeber a couple decent games

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ugafan227
    How do you figure? You think Snelling is gone?
    Wouldn't shock me. Remember he only re-signed last season as kind of a last resort, and only really saw the field because Ovie got hurt. We haven't heard/read his name mentioned at all since DK and Smith talked about expanding Rodgers' role. I would bring him back because of his versatility, but I can see why both sides would want a fresh start.

vCash
    You know, if Douglas leaves, this COULD be the opening for Dimitroff to draft a young athletic TE to run more 2TE sets like New England, creating some great mismatches (a lot of question marks with other LB corps in the NFC South). Then use HD's money on the defense.
    Last edited by Bravo95; 01-22-2012 at 12:08 AM.

vCash
    According to the New Orleans Times-Picayune, Drew Brees "doesn't want or expect" his new contract to prevent the Saints from re-signing other key free agents.
    It's a hint Brees is willing to structure his deal in a team-friendly manner. Considering how long talks have dragged on, however, it's doubtful he's amenable to taking much of a "hometown discount." A speedy resolution to the situation would greatly enhance the Saints' chances of keeping fellow free agent Marques Colston, but LG Carl Nicks is doubtful to return under any circumstance.
    Sign him up

vCash
    Nicks would be a good start to fixing our line woes

Page 5 of 67 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast