Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 67 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    vCash
    We cannot and will not sign each guy who is up for free agency.

Brent Grimes, Curtis Lofton and Kroy Biermann are top 3 in-house FA’s we need to sign.

I think everyone else will stay on for fair deals except John Abraham and I don’t think TD is ready to break the bank for him, perhaps we give him a first round tender to jump back into the first round if there are takers? The Ray Edwards signing last off-season could have a greater meaning this season. Here are some outside guys that we should look into.

Matt Forte RB – If the Bears are dumb enough we should make him our big signing, we tend to make one every off-season. The boldest move TD can make since trading up for Julio. I would in fact break the bank for this player, he is consistent and he is a game changer. I wanted us to draft him when he came out but unfortunately we did not, imagine what could have been. If we do sign him it would leave little for other signings

E.J. Henderson LB – If Lofton leaves, Henderson would more then fill the void. He is a fearsome leader and will be a good mentor for the young guys.

vCash
    I doubt the Bears let Forte walk. They don't have enough other weapons to let that happen.

Always liked Henderson though, seems tough.

vCash
    Yeah I don't think they will let him either but they might not have a choice

vCash
    ^Plus they dropped Martz so a new OC might want their best offensive player back before signing up.
    Last edited by Bravo95; 01-12-2012 at 09:36 PM.

vCash
    Forte might want to move on after not getting an extension before r during the season so its not a sure thing that the Bears keep him

vCash
    Yeah that's what I'm saying dee. I have no clue how he feels about it but people seem to be a bit weird about respect issues and he may feel disrespected by them waiting till now to do it

vCash
    I think charles has huge up side. He is an ok blocker needs to improve but he is a physical freak in the passing game his numbers at georgia doesn't do him justice. He is tough for any LB to cover and can easily muscle any DB.

vCash
    Matt Forte is an amazing back one of my favourites, I wanted us to take a chance on him when he came out in the draft, I believe it was the same year we signed Turner so that's why we didn't.

Another big back that I really liked coming out in the draft was Michael Bush who went to Oakland. I think the kid can be a sure fire starter in this league and he would be loads cheaper to sign as compared to Forte.

vCash
    I loved Bush in that draft. I was so angry Oakland took him. The guy was arguably the best prospect before the broken leg.

vCash
    Though Blank gave both Dimitroff and Smitty a big vote of confidence, he also referenced potential "sacrificial cows." Addition by subtraction. Players that would have to go this offseason. We can spend all day speculating exactly who those players will be, but the fact remains that the Falcons will in all likelihood let some vets walk and maybe even jettison a few players as well.

Dimitroff also had some very interesting remarks regarding free agency:
    We’d like to bring back who we think are our core players right now, and that’s going to be difficult. Realistically, there’s probably eight (that could return).
    Dimtroff also added that he was focused on adding the right veterans, ones with "positive playoff experience" that would contribute to the passion of the locker room.

This tells us two things: obviously one is that we'll see several players walk away this offseason. The other, and perhaps more important, is his statement regarding "passion."
    SBNation

vCash
    Matt Ryan, Roddy White, Julio Jones, Curtis Lofton, Corey Peters?, Brent Grimes?, Michael Turner?

What says you all?

vCash
    I think we need to go after a big free agent this year on defense. A sure guy with a high motor and a proven player unlike Ray Edwards who never really proved nothing to me. We need more fire and consistency on our defense and maybe even a little more "star power". I am all for trying to get Forte but i think we need to have a top defense for the type of game we play. We have a grind it out, run first offense. With Koettor, who knows how the offense will be but i feel with a new DC nd better scheme, we could be a top D to get us to the nxt level but we do need more guys on that side of the ball that can dominate their man and make plays. We did not cause many turnovers or get much pressure on the QB and i still dont believe Ray Edwards is any good no matter the scheme. So maybe we should go after a Robert Mathis who is a sack artist and has always been through out his career. I want us to get proven guys In FA if we get anyone. We just really need playmakers.

vCash
    The hiring of Koetter and decline of Turner could force them to add another tough, between the tackles RB. Not many "can't miss" prospects after Richardson, but they could get a steal with someone like Doug Martin and David Wilson.
    Last edited by Bravo95; 01-17-2012 at 11:19 AM.

vCash
    They might need a new returner also. Didn't get much from Weems this season.

vCash
    ^ i agree with u on that. Weems did alotta bone head play this season and it wouldnt hurt to have more of a speedster returning kicks.

Page 4 of 67 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast