Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kpjets View Post
    another player using ny to get more money, he dont want to come here. plus, we going to suck for another 2 years, save the money.
    We still need a competent closer and it's not like he's going to require "premier closer" money. He's 37 years old and is coming off of TJ surgery. Maybe 4 or 5 years ago he would've gotten a big, multi-year deal, but I think he'll sign a 1-year deal full of incentives. I'd even sweet the pot with a vesting option.

I was on the Bobby Parnell bandwagon, but he didn't show much. He really needs to work on his slider and he can be a legit late inning reliever. Maybe he'll start to pitch better with Bones in the bullpen and he can close for us in '13, but there's no way I go into ST without a legit closer signed and SA seems to feel the same way.
    Props to MetsLegacy

vCash
    I'd give him two years or maybe an incentive-based one-year deal with a vesting option.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kpjets View Post
    another player using ny to get more money, he dont want to come here. plus, we going to suck for another 2 years, save the money.
    I only agree with the fact that he's undeniably using NY to get more money, but I do think he would consider signing for us if we gave him a respectable 1 year deal with incentives. He wants 300 saves and that's not going to happen in Minny. He can get his saves and retire a Twin.

vCash
    Nathan is one of the Closer options that intrigue me. Low risk, high reward guys are what SA should be looking for

vCash
    Agree. Nathan is the type of pitcher I see Sandy going after for the closer spot. Low risk, high reward players who probably have been closers before.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFanatic19 View Post
    im sure broxton will sign with a team willing to use him as a closer, but your idea isnt bad either
    Given Broxton's performance last year, and especially since he did not throw 1 pitch after May 3, I can't see any team entrusting their closing job to him and him alone. If he can pass an intensive exam, he'll get signed to a one year, incentive laden deal, to prove he can still do it. I'd like to see him do the proving at Citifield.
    Former B'klyn Dodger fan. Mets Maniac since 1962.

vCash
    Personally I'd like to sign Broxton as well as a guy like Lidge or Nathan (or any closer that can be had a 1-year deal).
    Props to MetsLegacy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFanatic19 View Post
    ive always liked nathan and would love to see him in a mets uniform. id definitly take him over broxton
    I do really like Nathan but if I had a choice, I'd probably take Broxton. I think either would be a nice improvement from what we had this season

2014-2015 New York Knicks

vCash
    Injuries are a big concern but this guy was an elite closer just 2 years ago really. Upside is MASSIVE here though. Id definitely go afte rhim if Im the Mets, hell of an upgrade over Parnell or Beato or eve Izzy at closer if the guy is healthy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CHj0dMkK6A

New Video. Isles season highlights 2011-12!

vCash
    Are we really reserving ourselves to injured guys?

Nathan would have to be incentive laden deal and no longer than 1 year/2 with a team option

And is anyone sure on Broxton's health?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12