1 2.86%

6 17.14%

0 0%

8 22.86%
  • other

1 2.86%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

How Many Games should Nba Regular season have?

Heres an interesting discussion bout the subjetct.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...-game-schedule

Some advocating for 44 others for 76.

Ill say i THINK 58 is the perfect number

THose 58 games during the same time span November-April that the current 82 are played.

Why 58?

That is 1 home and one away game against Each team in the league.

This also means that the records of each team will be realisitic regardless of how balanced or unbalanced the Conferences or divisions are.

( well imo in terms of playoffs and lottery all the conference thing should be scrapped but thats not the issue being discussed now.)

58 games means several weeks with just two games for a team and only a couple with three games,

this means.

less games may make more affordable for fans to go to the games only 29 times in the season instead of 41.

Also fans that also like nhl or nfl may be able to attend the games since there are less games, less money to be spent less time to be spent.

both things may raise the incomes from tickets by filling the arenas instead of playing more games in half deserted ones.

The show woudl also be benefited as in :

Less game means every game is worht more and more important wich makes loses matter more and wins matter more, so more exciting games.

more time to COACH/TRAIN team abilitys and tactics and players skiks wich means , quicker adaptation of rookies ( with no rookie wall), better and more fluid team play instead of so much isolation.

Injurys less likely, allowing the stars to be on the court for more minutes and giving a better show.

The only thing that woudl suffer would be of coruse the book records, yep with so little game maybe player x does not become the top scorer ever, or the top rebounder ever, or whatever.

But you know? this is a TEAM game and Stats SUCK SALTY balls.

I want 58 good games better than 82 boring ones.

I want all the playoff teams with their full stranght roster with RESTED plaeyrs instead of worn out players and injured stars distorting playoff resulsts.

Soż? what do you think? How many?
    Last edited by Hellcrooner; 10-27-2011 at 10:37 PM.

vCash
    82, 58 is way too short

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thenetslegend View Post
    82, 58 is way too short
    can you name me a league other than MLB that has more than 58 games IN TOTAL? You're saying 58 + PLAYOFFS is way too short? Please tell us with what leagues did you compare that figure

vCash
    As a fan I want to see as much basketball as possible.

vCash
    Are you saying for this upcoming season or for like a while?

vCash
    I always thought 56 would be good, 58 is in the same range and may be better for scheduling. Less games equals more time to prepare and rest between games which whould make them more entertaining. Playoff races would be a little more interesting too. Way too often the playoff positions are decided long before the end of the regular season. With 82 games it seems most of the time games have more of a pickup game feel then an actual competitive game.

I also wouldn't mind seeing the first couple rounds of the playoffs dropped to best of 5.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYKalltheway View Post
    can you name me a league other than MLB that has more than 58 games IN TOTAL? You're saying 58 + PLAYOFFS is way too short? Please tell us with what leagues did you compare that figure
    sorry, i just wanna see as much nba as possible why would they change it now though anyway?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYKalltheway View Post
    NHL has 82...

the better question would be out of the 4 major american sports other than the NFL, can you name a league with less than 82 lol.

NHL isn't the most popular i know, but its a good comparison since many cities with both an NBA and NHL franchise share arena's and both have 30 teams.
    Last edited by SportsFanatic10; 10-28-2011 at 12:52 AM.

vCash
    82 games cause i don't want an asterix put on the KNICKS title when they win this year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thenetslegend View Post
    sorry, i just wanna see as much nba as possible why would they change it now though anyway?
    To make the product better

vCash
    82, 76 sounds good

"Killer Instinct"

vCash
    For the sake of the players still having enough in the tank for playoffs/not being injury-ridden by the most important time of the season, I think 65 games would be ideal.

That way it's a near guarantee that nobody plays anymore than 90 games in a season, playoffs included.

As a fan I want 82. As a fan of the record books, I want 82.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post
    Heres an interesting discussion bout the subjetct.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...-game-schedule

Some advocating for 44 others for 76.

Ill say i THINK 58 is the perfect number

THose 58 games during the same time span November-April that the current 82 are played.

Why 58?

That is 1 home and one away game against Each team in the league.

This also means that the records of each team will be realisitic regardless of how balanced or unbalanced the Conferences or divisions are.

( well imo in terms of playoffs and lottery all the conference thing should be scrapped but thats not the issue being discussed now.)

58 games means several weeks with just two games for a team and only a couple with three games,

this means.

less games may make more affordable for fans to go to the games only 29 times in the season instead of 41.

Also fans that also like nhl or nfl may be able to attend the games since there are less games, less money to be spent less time to be spent.

both things may raise the incomes from tickets by filling the arenas instead of playing more games in half deserted ones.

The show woudl also be benefited as in :

Less game means every game is worht more and more important wich makes loses matter more and wins matter more, so more exciting games.

more time to COACH/TRAIN team abilitys and tactics and players skiks wich means , quicker adaptation of rookies ( with no rookie wall), better and more fluid team play instead of so much isolation.

Injurys less likely, allowing the stars to be on the court for more minutes and giving a better show.

The only thing that woudl suffer would be of coruse the book records, yep with so little game maybe player x does not become the top scorer ever, or the top rebounder ever, or whatever.

But you know? this is a TEAM game and Stats SUCK SALTY balls.

I want 58 good games better than 82 boring ones.

I want all the playoff teams with their full stranght roster with RESTED plaeyrs instead of worn out players and injured stars distorting playoff resulsts.

Soż? what do you think? How many?

Less games means that teams need to make more money with less available games. Thus ticket prices AUTOMATICALLY increase. Iono where u got the affordability concept from?

Less games, means less revenue and then we are in another lockout disaster. Less money will be made in total. Players, owners, teams, stadiums, concession workers.

Btw, I dont see how having 58 games makes things more exciting than 82? Games are exciting due to the level of talent not the amount played. I remember watching a Nets-Phoenix classic in November.

And...yes basketball is a team game. But stats are fun! Thats one thing that sets basketball apart from the other major sports is the STATs and coming from a fantasy basketball player, I love stats lol.

Also, ur rookie wall concept has nothing to do with tactics, skills, etc. Rookies hit the wall cause of experience or should I say lack thereof. That comes with years of playing basketball. It is something that cannnot be easily fixed with some skill training.

Anyway, a real fan would want to watch as much basketball as possible. With my Knicks on the rise, I wanna see Stat and Melo crap over everyone the whole entire year lol.

#KNICKS TAPED PLAYOFFS 2013

vCash
    76 is a good number

vCash

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast