Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Hybrid View

vCash

Flames vs Colorado last night

I was at the game last night and the first half of the game was completely and utterly dominated by the Flames! The energy from all 3 forward lines plus 2 guys was exceptional! Calgary outshot Colorado by a whopping 21-5 margin and were rewarded with 1 goal in the first frame which definately could have been more.
    The Flames did seem tired as the game progressed as they over-exerted themselves in the first half of the game. Colorado is a much younger team and it definately showed in the 3rd period. Mikka Kiprusoff was up to his old tricks and did have the help of his team blocking numerous shots. It was a stressful few closing minutes but the boys managed to keep the Colorado attack in check and Rene Bourque earned his 2nd goal of the night on a partial break takedown with the net empty.
    I know I'm going to sound like a broken record but the way the Flames played the first, if they could maintain that dominance and consistency, not many teams could compete. I believe, and I'm sure most of you can agree, we cannot consistently play at a high level of speed with the aging group of players we have. I would take another 2-3 Roman Horak's anyday!

My friend and I had great seats last night and with a door price of $162 on the ticketstub, it was truly worth the money!

www.thesportsrealestateguy.com
    Last edited by seitzer17; 10-27-2011 at 03:55 PM.

vCash
    You going to be at the Flames/Avs game thursday?