Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    2 major problems here:
    1) JM has lost the team and needs to go. He's NEVER won a single thing in his career as a coach. He did take a lousy Ottawa team and made them competative. He's taken a competative Habs team and has made them average at best.
    2) Upper management chose loyalty over common sense. They should have re-signed Wisniewski and not Markhov. Wisniewski was healthy and has a ring from his days in Anaheim. Markhov has been injured the better part of the last 2 years. The Habs were expecting Markhov to be the anchor of the PP. That hasn't worked too well.
    The Habs just traded for Tomas Kaberle. Talk about a desperation move. Markhov is a defensive liability and will only add to the defenseive problems the Habs hae had all season.

vCash
    ^ I think it was great trade myself... Never been a big Spacek fan. Injury proned, and you wanna talk about defensive liability? This guy is horrible.

2 things the Habs need on Defense 1) They need a defenseman that can move the puck up the ice efficiently and 2) They need a defenseman that can play the powerplay. Kaberle can provide both of these at least until Markov comes back. Imo, Markov is the best defenseman in the NE Division 'when healthy' and obviously Kaberle isn't going to fully fill Markov's boots but it's a start. I really don't really see how he is a defensive liability though. That being said, I can't believe that we signed him for what we did and let Wisniewski walk. Short sighted, and irresponsible on Gauthier's part to say the least.

The only problem I see with this trade is that at the end of the year, when Price's and Gorges' contract expire, we are going to have a hard time signing them with the little space we have under the cap. They are both going to look for big payouts. Kaberle is making 4.25 million for the next 3 years. I hope Kaberle picks up his heels because we have way too much money going out on duds.

vCash
    I don't mind the trade one bit. Kaberle was a pretty darn good puck moving dman and he is still young enough to get back on track. Spacek is old, hasn't been very good in quite awhile and he's just going to get worse. Kaberle can help this atrocious pp.

To be honest, I think Trevor Timmins should be canned before anybody.

vCash
    ^ I agree. No one is saying he's a Norris Trophy candidate, but he definitely filling in for Markov nicely gor the time being. He's only been with the team for 2 games and he's playing better than Subban and Gill and already has 3 assists. Speaking of Subban, what the hell is up with him lately? If I was Martin, I would be benching his *** for a game to kick start him. He gave up the puck for a goal tonight and has been terrible in his own end. He's has to be smarter with the puck in Montreal's zone.

vCash
    Montreal needs a D-man like Ian White or Del Zotto.. a player that has a good +/- and is able to get a few points as well when needed.. both very good second line defence men

vCash
    Merry Christmas !

vCash
    ^ You too, man! Hey, let's start using this site more. It's great when there's lots of people using it. There's hundreds of users on the NFL forums. We need to get the NHL forums rollin as well.

vCash
    Lol! Were you saying Merry Christmas in reference to the firing? Didnt even clue in until now. Im a dumbass.Haha!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by One Nut Kruk View Post
    I don't mind the trade one bit. Kaberle was a pretty darn good puck moving dman and he is still young enough to get back on track. Spacek is old, hasn't been very good in quite awhile and he's just going to get worse. Kaberle can help this atrocious pp.

To be honest, I think Trevor Timmins should be canned before anybody.
    I agree as well. Dead-weight contract in Spacek, who did virtually nothing with his time in Montreal, for a guy who has a heavy contract as well, but should help inject some life into this anemic PP.

Kaberle doesn't have to be a Norris Trophy candidate, but rather,just d ohis part. He has never been a great defensive defenseman, and I can live with that, as long as he performs well offensively.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hawks4life View Post
    ^ I agree. No one is saying he's a Norris Trophy candidate, but he definitely filling in for Markov nicely gor the time being. He's only been with the team for 2 games and he's playing better than Subban and Gill and already has 3 assists. Speaking of Subban, what the hell is up with him lately? If I was Martin, I would be benching his *** for a game to kick start him. He gave up the puck for a goal tonight and has been terrible in his own end. He's has to be smarter with the puck in Montreal's zone.
    It's been a knock on him at times from what I've read/seen, that he plays out of control, and reckless. It may come with age and maturity, but it can be a little tough to watch at times. Makes some bad decisions offensively with the puck, and jumps into the rush at some bad times.......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hawks4life View Post
    Lol! Were you saying Merry Christmas in reference to the firing? Didnt even clue in until now. Im a dumbass.Haha!
    haha, yes that's what I was saying it for lol.

Quote Originally Posted by taffi101 View Post
    It's been a knock on him at times from what I've read/seen, that he plays out of control, and reckless. It may come with age and maturity, but it can be a little tough to watch at times. Makes some bad decisions offensively with the puck, and jumps into the rush at some bad times.......
    Looks to me like he's trying to do too much. He needs to settle down. He has great speed, a great shot but his decision making with the puck at times is downright horrendous. I hope it gets better with age.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by One Nut Kruk View Post
    haha, yes that's what I was saying it for lol.

Looks to me like he's trying to do too much. He needs to settle down. He has great speed, a great shot but his decision making with the puck at times is downright horrendous. I hope it gets better with age.
    The problem I see, is that there really doesn't seem to be that "vetran" guy to take him aside, or under his wing and help him. The talent is there, you can see it, but he just needs to play a more controlled verison of his game.

He is still young and raw, but I think he will evolve into a really, really good blue-liner. One of the better ones in recent memory for Montreal...............

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taffi101 View Post
    The problem I see, is that there really doesn't seem to be that "vetran" guy to take him aside, or under his wing and help him. The talent is there, you can see it, but he just needs to play a more controlled verison of his game.

He is still young and raw, but I think he will evolve into a really, really good blue-liner. One of the better ones in recent memory for Montreal...............
    yes, I agree.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12