Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 28

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    384
    vCash
    1500

    Is the clock ticking on Jacques Martin?

    I'm not one to usually panic, but it's almost the end of the first month and my beloved Habs are in last place with a solitary win in Winnipeg. That means they suck profusely.
    The Habs allowed the most goals in pre-season, which never bothers me, but now it's carrying on in the regular season.
    Their powerplay is absolutely innefective. Their D is attrocious. Their offense is non-existant.
    Apart from offense, defense, penalty kill and power play, they're brilliant.
    Admittedly, they made a terrible decision to trade Wisnewsky and keep Markov and they have started the year with injuries, but this is beginning to look like last year's Devils team.
    Since you can't trade an entire team, the regrettable choice is the coach. Do you bite the bullett and dump Jacques Martin? If so, who do you hire?
    I say he's lost the team and needs to go.
    While your at it, trade Andrei Kostitsyn and try to trade Scott Gomez. If you cant find a trade partner to take Gomez, release him. He's an abomination. Kostitsyn is an absolute cancer in the clubhouse.
    But back to Martin's replacement, how about Kirk Muller? or Steve Schutt? Both were effective assistant coaches and the Habs really like Muller?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1
    vCash
    1500
    he s picking wrong lines to play at wrong times very annoying

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Ithaca NY
    Posts
    345
    vCash
    1500
    Where to start.

    The players universally seem to dispise him.

    Just ask Andre Kostitsyn, Andre Markov, Josh Georges, Patches, Hall Gill, or anyone else I am missing who has publicly called the guy a locker room D-Bag.

    All of them at some point or another over the last year have said at the very least he is horrible to get along with.

    Lets add in that he would not play Cole until his assistant was fired ... showing him he was next if Cole didnt get playing time.

    And multiply by the inneffective line changes. And then exponent the fact that his 5 on 5 schemes are horrible.

    Honestly I have had enough of him. He can go. I know very few Habs fans who would shed a tear.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    8,773
    vCash
    1500
    Same here. I can't stand him and his stupid style. Let's get a 1-0 lead and try to hang on all game. Hit the road you big eared fossil.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    491
    vCash
    1500
    I disagree. Although they haven't been very successful, I blame upper management. Jacques Martin has been a successful coach throughout his career and then all of the sudden he's not doing well?

    The reason for this is because of bad transactions over the summer. We had a chance to sign Wisniewski back and instead we let him go so we can give a big contract to a defenseman that has been proned to injury over the past 3 years. He's a Defensive minded coach and Gauthier hasn't given him anything to work with. 3 of our Top 6 haven't played a game in the NHL before this year. It's like hiring an accountant and telling him that calculators aren't allowed in the building. No depth at d. Anyone could have saw this coming and therefore Gauthier should be the one hung for it.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    491
    vCash
    1500
    Also, I can't believe that they didn't offer the HC job in Hamilton to Muller. Now, if Martin does get fired, who is going to take his spot. Muller was the perfect person to come in and take over. Another terrible decision by Gauthier. No fore sight by the team at all.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    491
    vCash
    1500
    They will never be able to get anything for Gomez. Even if they gave him away for free, no one will take him. They will have to buy out his contract at the end of the season. Flames had a hard time getting rid of Hagman, who has played as well asGomez (which isn't saying much, both are basically non-existant) and he was only making 3 million. They had to pay half his contract when he went to Anaheim on re-entry waivers.

    As for Kostitsyn, it's such a shame because the guy has so much talent and can't do anything with it. It's too bad that he had learn under Kovalev. Lol! I think we may be able to get a 4th round, maybe a 3rd.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Ithaca NY
    Posts
    345
    vCash
    1500
    It wouldn't be that hard to bury Gomez in the minors ...

    Just saying

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    8,773
    vCash
    1500
    I agree that upper management is to blame as well. But Martin's coaching style does not fit the types of players that we have at all. Regular season wonder. Just like in Ottawa when they would tear it up and then get bashed by the Leafs in the playoffs.

    This team is absolutely pathetic to watch right now. The PP is atrocious. Plekanec on the point is just stupidity. Subban can't make a decent decision with the puck for the life of him. Weber can't hit the net. Nobody can make a simple pass, they all try the impossible saucer through 4 pairs of legs. When Eller's on the ice, he just skates around in circles and eventually loses it. Probably one of the best practice players in the league. Earth to Mike Cammalleri, you can show up to the rink anytime now. Gomez is a lost cause. Gionta is an overrated try hard. Kostistyn is Kovalev lite. Darche, what is this useless boob even doing in the NHL, let alone playing every single game? And the guys they call up are just as pathetic. Engvist, Pulashaj and Blunden? Seriously, is that the best they can find? Those 3 are f'n terrible. AHL lifers if they're lucky.

    This team definitely misses Muller. None of the players can stand Martin and I don't blame them. He has about as much personality as a tree stump. They'd be better off getting rid of him and letting Youppi man the ship.
    Last edited by One Nut Kruk; 12-01-2011 at 04:45 PM.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    491
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by One Nut Kruk View Post
    I agree that upper management is to blame as well. But Martin's coaching style does not fit the types of players that we have at all. Regular season wonder. Just like in Ottawa when they would tear it up and then get bashed by the Leafs in the playoffs.

    This team is absolutely pathetic to watch right now. The PP is atrocious. Plekanec on the point is just stupidity. Subban can't make a decent decision with the puck for the life of him. Weber can't hit the net. Nobody can make a simple pass, they all try the impossible saucer through 4 pairs of legs. When Eller's on the ice, he just skates around in circles and eventually loses it. Probably one of the best practice players in the league. Earth to Mike Cammalleri, you can show up to the rink anytime now. Gomez is a lost cause. Gionta is an overrated try hard. Kostistyn is Kovalev lite. Darche, what is this useless boob even doing in the NHL, let alone playing every single game? And the guys they call up are just as pathetic. Engvist, Pulashaj and Blunden? Seriously, is that the best they can find? Those 3 are f'n terrible. AHL lifers if they're lucky.

    This team definitely misses Muller. None of the players can stand Martin and I don't blame them. He has about as much personality as a tree stump. They'd be better off getting rid of him and letting Youppi man the ship.
    Lol! All very true. My brother and I both said when Muller left, that it was going to hurt the team. I thought maybe that there was some intelligence in the FO and they knew something that we didn't when they signed Markov again and let Wisniewki go but I was wrong. They should be shot for that one. Subban definitely needs some coaching and Gill hasnt looked this bad since he played for the Leafs. Eller was supposed to be a superstar in the making and now looks like he could be a flop. I hope they don't ruin LeBlanc like they they ruined him.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    8,773
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by hawks4life View Post
    Lol! All very true. My brother and I both said when Muller left, that it was going to hurt the team. I thought maybe that there was some intelligence in the FO and they knew something that we didn't when they signed Markov again and let Wisniewki go but I was wrong. They should be shot for that one. Subban definitely needs some coaching and Gill hasnt looked this bad since he played for the Leafs. Eller was supposed to be a superstar in the making and now looks like he could be a flop. I hope they don't ruin LeBlanc like they they ruined him.
    Yeah, Gill. I didn't even mention that lumberjack. I didn't care for him when he was playing decent and now he is back to Maple Leaf Hal.

    Don't get me wrong, I like Eller. I think he's got some nice skill. He just needs to learn to be smarter. Takes a lot of dumb penalties too.

    LeBlanc, I don't know about him. Ever since the World Jr's, I didn't see a whole lot more than 3rd line checker. I hope I'm wrong and he develops into more. Seems like he needs to get a whole lot sronger to make that happen.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    491
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SunbeltHab View Post
    It wouldn't be that hard to bury Gomez in the minors ...

    Just saying
    Wouldn't it still count against the cap though? They need the cap room to sign Price. I know that buying his contract out at season's end wouldn't fully erase the contract but at least it would open up some space.

    Just a thought... We should be looking to pick up a spare d-man. What do you think if we trade for Sarich? Big body and and likes to throw his weight around and he's sitting in the pressbox (well, was until Giordano got injured). We could probably pick him up for a 5th or 6th I would think since he's playing in the Western Conf.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Ithaca NY
    Posts
    345
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by hawks4life View Post
    Wouldn't it still count against the cap though? They need the cap room to sign Price. I know that buying his contract out at season's end wouldn't fully erase the contract but at least it would open up some space.

    Just a thought... We should be looking to pick up a spare d-man. What do you think if we trade for Sarich? Big body and and likes to throw his weight around and he's sitting in the pressbox (well, was until Giordano got injured). We could probably pick him up for a 5th or 6th I would think since he's playing in the Western Conf.
    Yeah it would still hit the cap ... darn that salary cap. He plays like he is over fourty though ... so we should get that over 35 clause that would at least reduce his cap hit by 100,000

    I definately think the only way to get rid of him is going to be a trade plus.

    We are going to have to help another team with bagage. Sarich would work. But it is more likely we will have to take on someone at the end of thier contract who is on the outs with thier club, plus give a 4th or 3rd round pick up if they truely want to deal Gomez.

    The reality is he hasn't preformed in about 5 years now ... so to get someone to take him it will require favors being done basically ... you scratch our back we will give you a good draft pick and take that douche player with the 8 mill contract thats over in july who is killing your locker room.

    thats the only way I really see us getting rid of him ... otherwise he is our Rick DiPietro

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Canadian Desert
    Posts
    1,202
    vCash
    1500
    If Gomez is sent to the minors his salary will not count against the cap. His situation is similar to Wade Redden in NY. They were signed to a contract before the age of 35. The Habs will avoid burying him in Hamilton until his salary hampers their signing FA in 2012. + they still need to pay him even if his salary doesn't count against the cap (that's one expensive AHLer!)

    Back to the issue at hand. I think the Habs need one more D and a good bottom 6 physical player. Hopefully they can cut down the opponents scoring opportunities in the slot and finally get a decent PP going. If Martin can't right the ship by new year's I can see Marc Crawford as the next head coach.

    cheers...
    Tank or bust - Raptors 2011-12

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    491
    vCash
    1500
    Yeah, Eller is still way too young to judge him. The more I think about it, the more I think both Martin and Gauthier have to go. He needs some decent direction on how to utilize his skill better and I don't think Martin is giving him that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •