Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Official Arsenal Thread

Since there is at least 1 other Gooner around, think maybe another might as well start a thread. I know there is another thread lurking around here but it's always dead so might as well start fresh with new posters.

3rd! relief that is, don't know if I could have gone a week worrying about the CL final. Now come on Chelsea!(gross just saying that).

So on to the transfer season. Who do you want in and out?

vCash
    Realistically we will have about 28-30 million to spend before player sales. 11 mil of that will go to Poldo.

As for going out I'd say Arshavin, Bendtner, Squidward, and Almunia are on the way out for sure. Than you have the possibility of Denilson being sold or loaned out. Probably 1 of Chamster and park as well. I'd say we could recoup about 16 mil in player sales. Will post comments on who else we should look to buy tomorrow.

vCash

vCash
    ^^^wtf

oh, and just leave vela in spain.

vCash
    lol

Would Like to Thank Pat Rice and wish him well in retirement. Loyal servant of the club.

And yes have the Spaniards pay up for Vela. I don't even remember which team he's been on. Sociedad?

vCash
    yeah, he did good. 12 goals 8 assist plus made some crucial goals that got sociedad some needed points. moreover, griezmann and vela developed some chemistry.

i can see wenger offering vela + 8 million euros for Antoine griezmann. atletico had offered about 20 million euros last year and got rejected so who knows.

vCash
    Willian from Shakhtar would be a nice addition. Although I think he'd be a bit pricey.
    DUKE.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BALLER71 View Post
    Willian from Shakhtar would be a nice addition. Although I think he'd be a bit pricey.
    He's coming to Chelsea, gtfo.

vCash
    We looked on Willian last year and passed so I doubt we will go for him now. Hernanes more likely if Lazio decide to sell.

vCash
    Great win for us today. I don't even care how we got it, even if it turns out that WBA goalkeeper screwed up on purpose. All that counts is we're 3rd, we're in the CL and T'ham has to pray for Bayern to beat Chelski next week.

This is a tough situation for us Gooners though. Do we really want Chelsea to be the first ever London-team to win the Champions League trophy? I guess the best case scenario for us would be Bayern beating Chelsea anyways, and Spuds getting elimated somewhere in the preliminary rounds so that they both don't even make the CL at all.

As for us, one thing that's certain is that improvement IS necessary. We might have finished higher than we have for years, but there isn't anyone that's going to deny this season was simply Nuts. In terms of ups and downs it was crazier than a rollercoaster. If it wasn't for Spuds, Newcastle, Chelski and Liverpool to screw up so badly (and Captain Vantastic saving our arses on a weekly basis) we could just as well have finished somewhere at the bottom at the left table at 8th spot or something.

Players that I wouldn't mind seeing back next year would be Clownmunia, Squilacci (Squidward, haha), Denílson, Diaby (too injury prone, hasn't had much of an impact anyways), Benayoun (I agree he was great at times, but I don't see him keep up that level of play on a consistent basis at age 32, so I don't see any point in resigning him), Djourou (he's just terrible, absolutely terrible, anywhere on the court).

Also Bendtner, Chamakh and Vela, who we can probably get rid of for a nice amount of $$$. If not, I wouldn't mind seeing any of them stay, but especially for Bendtner we should be able to get somewhere around that £10-15m range.

As for additions, wow, there's a whole shitload of players I'd love to pick up. But at the same time I understand we've never been a spending club and we'll probably never become one as long as AW is the general manager, so I'll try and be realistic here.

Along with the signing of Podolski, and HOPEFULLY M'Villa, there's not a lot this team needs. Though the one thing we do lack in comparison to teams like City and United is our depth and creativity. Our defense, for instance, is amazing if you look at the starting 4. But the problem is whenever anyone important is out the back-ups are So horrible and cost us a ton of points each year. Our substitutes have really always been the one thing that seperated us from teams like Man U, along with all the injuries and referee crap we've had to deal with for the past 6 or 7 years.

Anyways, I had already mentioned Vertongen somewhere on this forum, but I understand he's not going to be the cheapest player to sign. Still, in my opinion, we Have to definately upgrade at CB position in terms of depth. I wouldn't know who to aim for, but we have plenty of time to figure all that.

As for creativity, I understand missing Wilshere for the whole entire year has hurt us a lot, and was a main cause for this lack of creativity that has been issued quite often. Still, I believe we simply have to keep looking at options to upgrade at ACM, because even though Arteta-Wilshere-Song/M'Villa? sounds great, I'd rather have someone with more depth and better court vision at Arteta's spot and have him come off the bench. Someone like Götze, Kagawa, Hazard, Eriksen. But all of those guys are probably really expensive and out of range, so again we have to really search for an appropriate candidate.

There has been a lot of rumours lately about Wenger being really impressed by this Belhanda guy. I'm interested to see how that unfolds, don't know a lot about him but I have heard what he plays like and he might be just what we need.

There you have my opinion. And damn that was a heck of a story lol.
    Last edited by BSardogan; 05-13-2012 at 07:44 PM.

Oh to be a Gooner...

vCash
    Lot of Yann M'Vila rumors

vCash
    I could tollerate Chelsea winning the title if it meant ole Arry and the boys playing in the Europa League, after what was dubbed "their best team in 50 years"

The key IMO is experience. This year we only won once without Arteta, and that was today. Need him badly and some more experienced players who have the toughness to come from behind or hold a lead.

Agree with all of the guys out except for Benayoun( good fringe starter to have like Rosicky, proved his worth last few weeks) and Dojo(he's pretty **** yeah but he's a loyal servant of the club. He's been here the longest of anyone and is ok with being a 5th stringer).

In terms of bringing in, im meh on M'Vila. Yes he will provide some competition for Song but if Jack comes back fit, I just don't see him as a first teamer. And for the price of 22 million that they are reporting, I'd rather see us go for a creative AM like a Hernanes(the guys you mentioned are great as well but all seem unrealistic except maybe Kagawa but he wants ManU) and then maybe a cheaper DM option or giving more opportunities to Coq. Definitely need a backup GK as well, Fabianski ain't cutting it.

vCash
    How much do you guys expect to get for Van Pe?

Authentic Phillies, Eagles , Sixers and Man City fan
    - I love Ray Lewis.

"Do not scorn a weak cub, he may become a brutal tiger"

vCash
    van persie will come to barcelona for free after this season. who is going to want to pay for an overrated dutch man whose not even top 5? NOBODY!

vCash
    Barcelons and Madrid are sickening.

Authentic Phillies, Eagles , Sixers and Man City fan
    - I love Ray Lewis.

"Do not scorn a weak cub, he may become a brutal tiger"

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast