Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Official Liverpool FC Thread

Not sure if there are any other Liverpool fans in the forum so I'll probably end up talking to myself in here.

Seasons overs, Carragher retires and a lot of uncertainty right now (Reina) but also hope for the future (Sturridge, Coutinho).

A few rumors circulating right now with regards to what keepers we are looking at:
    • Vorm (Rodgers first choice)
    • Begovic (a bit expensive, but his move to Manchester looks off, so may still happen for us)

It will be interesting if the Kolo Toure deal gets done.

vCash
    I'm trying to get intrested in Liverpool (Red Sox fan). I see alot of potential with the team, alot of talent. Imo I think they are missing that one stud CB, because for the most part the team looks well rounded, obviously they can improve in other positions but I dont see any other positions as glaring needs at the moment besides that one CB that you can count on to save you game in game out.

vCash
    I agree. Skrtel was that for us last year so to see him fall so far was pretty hard to watch. Rodgers is looking to fill the CB spot fairly quickly by the looks of it.

I've noticed a big difference in the club as a whole since the ownership change, so I'm excited for the future. It's a good time to get behind the team as the rebuilding starts.

vCash
    Liverpool won't return to the top with Warrior making the ugliest jerseys possible

http://cdn3.whatculture.com/wp-conte...13-14-Kits.jpg

vCash
    How did Sterling look in your opinion this year, because I have read in many places that he is a great player in the making, and to be quite honest I didnt watch more then about 6 games of Liverpools last year, I'm going to try to keep up with them a little more this upcoming season.

vCash
    With the 15% sell on clause, Liverpool essentially paid Newcastle 40million pounds for Andy Carroll. Assuming the 15mill move to West Ham is completed.
    Manchester City - Baltimore Ravens - Baltimore Orioles - Brooklyn Nets

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Dahh Sneak View Post
    Liverpool won't return to the top with Warrior making the ugliest jerseys possible

those are some ugly *** jerseys.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Dahh Sneak View Post

The red one is fine, but that is just a remake of an old kit. The other two are quite possibly the ugliest jerseys ever made.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by a4anthony View Post
    How did Sterling look in your opinion this year, because I have read in many places that he is a great player in the making, and to be quite honest I didnt watch more then about 6 games of Liverpools last year, I'm going to try to keep up with them a little more this upcoming season.
    He looked good early on. Very quick, and a decent finisher. He's young and small, so it was a tough year in the end for him. He picked up an injury later in the year that kept him out.

My issue with him now is he doesn't make decisions quick enough. He lets the defender close him down and doesn't use his speed. If you look at guys like Bale and Walcott, their speed works best with change of direction. Sterling will learn this and become a great player (I hope).

vCash
    Sky Sport News was showing some interviews with Luis Suarez from the Uruquay game, sounds like he wants out bad. Not a Liverpool supporter myself, pretty much neutral on the team, still some interesting news. After seemingly supporting the player, he claims the team didn't support him, but the club is stating they are not letting him leave. My guess is they just want to get his full value at the transfer window. Personally, I wouldn't want to keep a player with that attitude, even if he does score alot of goals.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Corndog View Post
    Sky Sport News was showing some interviews with Luis Suarez from the Uruquay game, sounds like he wants out bad. Not a Liverpool supporter myself, pretty much neutral on the team, still some interesting news. After seemingly supporting the player, he claims the team didn't support him, but the club is stating they are not letting him leave. My guess is they just want to get his full value at the transfer window. Personally, I wouldn't want to keep a player with that attitude, even if he does score alot of goals.
    I don't want to see him go because I see it as a huge step back. We're still not at the level to attract another world-class player like him and right now Sturridge seems too fragile.

That being said, I do think he will end up leaving and for a decent amount of money. As long as it is a non-EPL team, I think I could be ok with it.

vCash
    Signings so far:

Simon Mignolet - 10,000,000
    Iago Aspas - 7,000,000
    Luis Alberto - 6,800,000
    Kolo Toure - Free

Departures:

Andy Carroll - 15,500,000
    Jonjo Shelvey - 5,000,000
    Pepe Reina - Loan with Option to Buy

Doni - Free
    Danny Wilson - Free
    Peter Gulacsi - Free

Jack Robinson - Loan
    Dani Pacheco - Loan
    Michael Ngoo - Loan
    Suso - Loan
    Henoc Mukendi - Loan

Possible Targets

Christian Eriksen
    Christian Atsu
    Ally Cissokho
    Roberto Soldado

Possible Departures

Luis Suarez
    Daniel Agger

Lots of wages off the books and reasonably priced purchases so far. If/when Suarez goes, I wouldn't expect a high-caliber replacement, rather a young star with lots of potential.

vCash
    Where does Kolo fit in your CB rotation? I hope he doesn't start. Best suited for that 3rd CB role.
    Manchester City - Baltimore Ravens - Baltimore Orioles - Brooklyn Nets

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NJ Raven View Post
    Where does Kolo fit in your CB rotation? I hope he doesn't start. Best suited for that 3rd CB role.
    Depends on Skrtel I think. He was terrible last year, so we relied on Carragher a lot. Toure is the closest to filling Carragher's boots but if Skrtel bounces back, the starting spot is his.

Starting at the back I believe will be:

LB - Enrique/Kelly
    CB - Agger
    CB - Skrtel/Toure
    RB - Johnson

We also have Andre Wisdom who could play in any of these spots.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by content-team View Post
    Signings so far:

Simon Mignolet - 10,000,000
    Iago Aspas - 7,000,000
    Luis Alberto - 6,800,000
    Kolo Toure - Free

Departures:

Andy Carroll - 15,500,000
    Jonjo Shelvey - 5,000,000
    Pepe Reina - Loan with Option to Buy

Doni - Free
    Danny Wilson - Free
    Peter Gulacsi - Free

Jack Robinson - Loan
    Dani Pacheco - Loan
    Michael Ngoo - Loan
    Suso - Loan
    Henoc Mukendi - Loan

Possible Targets

Christian Eriksen
    Christian Atsu
    Ally Cissokho
    Roberto Soldado

Possible Departures

Luis Suarez
    Daniel Agger

Lots of wages off the books and reasonably priced purchases so far. If/when Suarez goes, I wouldn't expect a high-caliber replacement, rather a young star with lots of potential.
    i know barcelona is very interested in Agger. they were going to put a bid on him right before tito's results. now they are waiting on the new coach to decide if he likes him or not.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast