Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

What is your best/worst packer memory?

Just like the title states, what is your favorite and worst packer memory?

I have a lot of great memories but my favorite is the 2004 playoffs against the Seahawks. My grandpas favorite team is the Seahawks and we were watching it together so it was pretty tense none the less. I remember when Seattle won the coin flip in overtime and Hasselbeck said “We’ll take the ball and we’re going to score!” Then of course came Al with the pick 6 to end the game. I will always love Al for that.

Worst memory is a 4 way tie. The ones that will always stick with me are:
    John Elway's helicopter spin for a first and goal in the 97 Super bowl.
    Jerry Rice's fumble that was never called in the 98 wild card round.
    The 4th and 26 against the Eagles
    Brett Favre's Overtime Int against the Giants in the 2007 NFC championship game.

So lets hear your best/worst packer memories.

vCash
    Favres 6 int game vs the rams
    Favres int in he NFC championship game bs nyg
    Favres int to Dawkins vs the eagles in the playoffs

vCash
    Worst: Super Bowl 32, 4th and 26, Home playoff loss to Atlanta (couldn't beat the Lions that day), Favre pick to Webster, Favre on the Vikes dominating us...

Best: Super Bowl 31 Howard return and Reggie White getting 4th quarter sacks, Last year's entire playoff run, Freeman "HE DID WHAT?"

Many more which the prior posters have covered...

vCash
    Best: The 2 superbowls Ive seen us win, Arod to Jennings over the middle on 3rd down in the 4th qtr of the superbowl and seeing Reggie White run around the field hoisting the Lombardi trophy.

Worst: "Owens! Owens!" Which was '98 I believe and seeing Brett wear purple.

vCash
    Worst is the TO catch by far. Always sticks with me.

Best....Somehow that Denver OT game TD by Favre is always in my head for no real reason. Just because I think I thought just go for it now and we did and I flipped. Also I had just moved into a new house and I had no furniture and just a TV and we sat on the floor and drank beer.

But the first SB would really be it. Although for an "extended moment," what Rodgers is doing right now is pure insanity and we are really witnesses something special in my opinion.
    Last edited by Norm; 10-26-2011 at 04:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    Gabbert is clearly the best QB package in this draft in my opinion.
    All in all, if the Panthers are going to select a QB, Gabbert has to be the pick.
    People take this guy seriously?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gbpack415 View Post
    Best: The 2 superbowls Ive seen us win, Arod to Jennings over the middle on 3rd down in the 4th qtr of the superbowl and seeing Reggie White run around the field hoisting the Lombardi trophy.

Seeing Reggie run around my probably my all time favorite moment too. For me it seems rare to see someone have such pure joy. Alot of guys are excited about winning a championship, but it seemed like Reggie took it to the next level.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gbpack415 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    Worst is the TO catch by far. Always sticks with me.

Best....Somehow that Denver OT game TD by Favre is always in my head for no real reason. Just because I think I thought just go for it now and we did and I flipped. Also I had just moved into a new house and I had no furniture and just a TV and we sat on the floor and drank beer.

But the first SB would really be it. Although for an "extended moment," what Rodgers is doing right now is pure insanity and we are really witnesses something special in my opinion.
    The thing about that catch is that T.O would have never had that opportunity to catch that TD if the Jerry Rice fumble was actually ruled a fumble because we had recovered the ball.

My other Fav is our most recent Super bowl win. Not only cause Driver, Woodson and Rodgers got their ring but because everyone in my company (army) was against GB. They said we didn't stand a chance and i was the only packer fan. A buddy of mine was like "they won't beat the Eagles" Then it was "they won't beat the Falcons in ATL" Then it was "The Bears always beat you guys in Chicago" And Finally it was "LMAO so what you made it to the Super bowl, you won't beat the Steelers anyways" Man oh man was life great the whole week after the Super bowl. Had mutha ****ers eating crow for a week.

vCash
    Stop reminding me of that game
    All in all, if the Panthers are going to select a QB, Gabbert has to be the pick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    Stop reminding me of that game
    lol sowwy

vCash
    Best-
    Besides the Super Bowl win (of course that'll be a great memory for a lot of people), I'll never forget Al Harris INT for a Touchdown against the Seahawks in the playoffs

Worst-
    Eagles 4th and 26. I was maybe 8-10 years old (somewhere around there, I'm only 16 now) and thats the only thing I remember from my childhood clearly...sad but true

vCash
    Best

Al Harris INT against the Seahawks

Worst

Like people mentioned the INT by Favre against the Giants - I was on The Lakers nation forum I was talking trash with the Giants and then they gloated cause of the win.
    Tag Team Champion for the moment.

vCash
    Best-
    Raiders MNF game after Bretts dad passed away. One of the most inspiring emotional games I've ever watched.
    The Mud bowl back in our 96 SB run against the 49ers. Being a kid watching that game has always stuck with me.

Worst-
    4th and 26. So terrible.
    Favres last game as a Packer. I still like to think if we win that we go on and are the team that knocks out the undefeated Pats...Favre rides off into the sunset still beloved by fans, no Jenn Sterger, no animosity between Favre and the Packers front office. Maybe it wouldn't have went down like that but a guy can dream.

Just call me Von, that way we'll both feel less stupid about it.

vCash
    Ohh the Raiders MNF is a good one somehow that slipped my mind.

vCash
    I can't believe nobody had mentioned the MNF Raider game yet. And that Denver OT is a game I've always loved too. People questioning Favre and if he had anything left in his arm and he comes out on the first play in OT against an overhyped Dre Bly and puts the game away in one throw.

Just call me Von, that way we'll both feel less stupid about it.

vCash
    I still have that Raiders game on my Tivo. IDK why I forgot it.......kind of sad on my part.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast