Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Michalek

vCash

Michalek

Michalek will be out 4-6 weeks with a broken finger:

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11297/1184569-100.stm

Since we have 6 defensemen, no one will be recalled but considering Bylsma seems to like to have 7 healthy D, I could see someone being recalled somewhat soon. Hate to see a solid defenseman like Michalek go down but I'm guessing it will be closer to 4 weeks than anything

vCash
    Eh, he's been pretty bad this year so far. Understand he's part of the tremendous PK that we have, but I think last I checked he was like a minus 7? Plus that opening play last week was just awful.

It's a loss but it's softened with Orpik and Letang back in the lineup.

CITY OF CHAMPIONS....and the Buccos

vCash
    sucks but we should be ok without him for a while

vCash
    We finally get Orpik back and then this happens. I agree he has had a slow start to the season but we all know how valuable he is on the penalty kill. We should be ok without him though. I kinda have a hard time believing he will miss that long with a finger injury but I've never played hockey so who knows.

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    It'd probably be difficult to play with a broken finger. Holding a stick and especially Michalek with his shot blocking ability, it could be detrimental. Also hockey is a vicious game and guys would be targeting his hand.

CITY OF CHAMPIONS....and the Buccos