Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Duncan's injury in 2000, and if healthy, how does a LA/SAS 2nd round pan out?

I remember Duncan getting injured with a few games left in the season in 2000, and then missing the entire playoffs. What exactly happened? It isn't mentioned much whenever speaking of Duncan.

Also the Spurs eliminated the Lakers the previous season, but this time the Spurs would have been the 4 seed and met the #1 Lakers in round 2. How do you see the series in 2000 before Kobe became Kobe? Does it go 7 games?
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

vCash
    Kobe struggled vs elite defenses in his youth. D-Rob and Duncan contained Shaq like no other duo ever has.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JordansBulls View Post

I remember Duncan getting injured with a few games left in the season in 2000, and then missing the entire playoffs. What exactly happened? It isn't mentioned much whenever speaking of Duncan.

Also the Spurs eliminated the Lakers the previous season, but this time the Spurs would have been the 4 seed and met the #1 Lakers in round 2. How do you see the series in 2000 before Kobe became Kobe? Does it go 7 games?
    This was the same Laker team that got pushed to 5 games in the first round against Sacramento and 7 games against Portland in the conference finals. Very possible the defending champs could have beaten them if they were healthy. I don't remember if anyone else was hurt for the Spurs, but Duncan was a HUGE loss.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hangtime View Post
    This was the same Laker team that got pushed to 5 games in the first round against Sacramento and 7 games against Portland in the conference finals. Very possible the defending champs could have beaten them if they were healthy. I don't remember if anyone else was hurt for the Spurs, but Duncan was a HUGE loss.
    It was just Duncan, but I believe everyone wanted this matchup in 2000 more than they did in 2001.
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.